[01 November 2019 - ???] DSP's Modern Warfare Rantings and Ravings - Because you can't spell "childishly react" without "chill"

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Haunter

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@GnomeofDoc I appreciate the effort 👍 Unfortunately, given the widespread attitude/ignorance of many Subforum frequenters towards anything outside the "General Discussion" thread, I think too few users will follow your initiative 😕

A simpler way to keep track of clips could be to have users include a detailed description alongside the clips in their posts so they can be found with the search bar, maybe? 🤔

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
@GnomeofDoc I appreciate the effort 👍 Unfortunately, given the widespread attitude/ignorance of many Subforum frequenters towards anything outside the "General Discussion" thread, I think too few users will follow your initiative 😕

A simpler way to keep track of clips could be to have users include a detailed description alongside the clips in their posts so they can be found with the search bar, maybe? 🤔
Guess a new thread for each stream does make sense for doc purposes. What program do people use to clip?
Also think it be nice, if possible, to duplicate posts that have clips/links into a thread of its own

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
How long should Phil have to wait to get a refund for the private lobby settings not working at all when he complains about the inability to join a match without detractors getting all up in his playing sessions? It's a valid, albeit classically DSP petty, complaint about a game that offers a non-functional feature that if it doesn't work should be ripped out at the very least barring a workable fix.

WASR96

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How long should Phil have to wait to get a refund for the private lobby settings not working at all when he complains about the inability to join a match without detractors getting all up in his playing sessions? It's a valid, albeit classically DSP petty, complaint about a game that offers a non-functional feature that if it doesn't work should be ripped out at the very least barring a workable fix.
I hope he does his usual campaign and then secondary modes first to avoid getting owned online. Once he gets to spec ops/survival, he'll see how busted those modes are which could produce more salt than his usual online antics.

actually

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With the permission of the OP, this thread is now for Phil's present and future rantings and ravings while sucking dick at Modern Warfare. Please enjoy responsibly.

DarkScrubPhil

kiwifarms.net
Not to powerlevel too much here, but I've worked in the game industry for over a decade and what Phil is saying about the lobby system being a "bug" or "glitch" is pure nonsense.

It's working as designed. What Phil doesn't seem to understand or want to understand is that setting the party to private only allows the player to add in people he wants. However, when looking for a match, the system has to add in various players, else it'll be 1 v 6, which would be great for salt, but not so great for people playing by themselves, like Phil is. So, when Phil is looking for a match by himself, the system has to open the party in order to fill the slots before going into a match. The alternative is for Phil to fill in for matches already in progress which we saw a bit of.

In short, Phil doesn't know what he's talking about and I pray that he never works as a QA person in any game development studio.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
One viewer asks, "Phil, if trolls keep joining your team amd ruining the game, play free for all."

"Umm, no! This is a team based game! This game is meant to be played as a team!"

Another viewer asks, "Why don't you set up a party with viewers then?"

"Umm, no! I don't want to be in a party! I want to play this game by myself!"

Phil just hates Call of Duty games. Go back and watch any video of any incarnation of Call of Duty. He will always throw a fit and say last year's version was superior and the idiot developers ruined the game.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One viewer asks, "Phil, if trolls keep joining your team amd ruining the game, play free for all."

"Umm, no! This is a team based game! This game is meant to be played as a team!"

Phil just hates Call of Duty games. Go back and watch any video of any incarnation of Call of Duty. He will always throw a fit and say last year's version was superior and the idiot developers ruined the game.
Without a team to carry him or a toilet to camp in, he knows he will get his shit pushed in and as a "former professional gamer who can pick up a game controller at any time and play any game at a professional level", that is not something he will tolerate. So he can't play solo

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Not to powerlevel too much here, but I've worked in the game industry for over a decade and what Phil is saying about the lobby system being a "bug" or "glitch" is pure nonsense.

It's working as designed. What Phil doesn't seem to understand or want to understand is that setting the party to private only allows the player to add in people he wants. However, when looking for a match, the system has to add in various players, else it'll be 1 v 6, which would be great for salt, but not so great for people playing by themselves, like Phil is. So, when Phil is looking for a match by himself, the system has to open the party in order to fill the slots before going into a match. The alternative is for Phil to fill in for matches already in progress which we saw a bit of.

In short, Phil doesn't know what he's talking about and I pray that he never works as a QA person in any game development studio.

Thank you, as you're explaining here exactly what wasn't adding up for me as to how the game is completely 'unplayable' when I know I saw him join a game and whine about being down on the scoring in it as soon as he spawned because his team was too far behind to make it up. It's just not playable the way he wants to have it served to him and unless he can produce evidence they promoted a feature for the way he wants to be able to lock the lobby down before he bought it, I'd say no DSP, you don't deserve a refund if they don't fix things the way you want for this game mode.

I hope he does his usual campaign and then secondary modes first to avoid getting owned online. Once he gets to spec ops/survival, he'll see how busted those modes are which could produce more salt than his usual online antics.

This game has produced the best salt of the fall so far and I can't think of a nominee, maybe Crash Team Racing but not likely, to beat it off the top of my head. Any deathmatch mode should only increase an already entertaining bitch-fest.

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Why doesn’t he just play Realism? That’s the mode where every hit is almost one-shot, one-kill.
Yes.

Phil, you've played every version of COD. Why do you not know that the full auto machine guns do less damage than other guns?

Full auto and machine guns are used for suppression. Fire bullets so the opponent has nowhere to go. Assault rifles are for...assault. Such a moron. "These guns fire too slow" well I guess you should learn to aim.

After 11 plus years you would think Phil would know to aim for the head. No. "I shot him 3 times in the body with my weak as ass machine gun and he shot me once in the head with a high powered rifle. How fair. What a great game."

Phil is horrible at COD. "Why isn't this a huge news article?" Because if there is a troll on your team you still play and do the best you can. Play a different mode. Do literally anything else other than quit 10 matches in a row and womder why you got blacklisted as a poor sport.

Kheapathic

Now Selling: KF Registration Invitations.
kiwifarms.net
After 11 plus years you would think Phil would know to aim for the head. No. "I shot him 3 times in the body with my weak as ass machine gun and he shot me once in the head with a high powered rifle. How fair. What a great game."

I think Phil is a victim of what I call the "honorable gamer" trope. It's a weird mish-mash of not wanting to learn meta, and thinking you're some sort of better person for it. They were rare, but you'd sometimes run into these guys in the arcades and they'd try some shit like "No throws okay" or "whoever wins first round loses second, so we play till three." The difference is now they can impart these "gentleman rules" on themselves, and always have an excuse on why they're losing. I used to be like that to an extent, because I wanted to be good in my own way... which never measured up to guys who'd set-play, know set-ups, and everything else. You eventually learn the meta and actually get good, or keep making excuses on why you keep getting your ass kicked.

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
How the fuck do you unironically watch DSP play any CoD?

Constant moaning and whining; absolutely no drive for self-improvement; constant stream of excuses as to why he’s getting bodied; lack of tactical map awareness; no interest in trying different weapons; doesn’t play any other modes than TDM; refuses to change his playstyle or watch videos on how to get better.

CoD is already a pretty bland game but Phil makes it impossible to watch. The only reason you tune in for his CoD streams is for the guaranteed salt emanating from Philbert’s vagina since he obviously can’t take a hint that he sucks at the game, not the other way around

How can someone lacking so much self-awareness still be alive?

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net

Watching his CoD gameplay, I love how DSP complains that he can't be in a lobby "by himself." He's really desparate to isolate himself from society.

I want to play a "team based" game, but all by myself.

It's a "team based" game, yet he's never shown one sliver of teamwork strategies and he turns his mic off. He only cares about his own K/D ratio; he complains even when his team wins.

It's a "team based" game, yet he has no interest in creating a team even with his loyal paypigs. Maybe he caught wind of Brian laughing at him?

Edit - 30:45

DSP literally called Wings creating a team of viewers LAME.

Last edited:

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I think Phil is a victim of what I call the "honorable gamer" trope. It's a weird mish-mash of not wanting to learn meta, and thinking you're some sort of better person for it. They were rare, but you'd sometimes run into these guys in the arcades and they'd try some shit like "No throws okay" or "whoever wins first round loses second, so we play till three." The difference is now they can impart these "gentleman rules" on themselves, and always have an excuse on why they're losing. I used to be like that to an extent, because I wanted to be good in my own way... which never measured up to guys who'd set-play, know set-ups, and everything else. You eventually learn the meta and actually get good, or keep making excuses on why you keep getting your ass kicked.
Man, I think you got it right with that. Made me think about there's always that guy in anything that is competitive.
I always thought of them as the "in between guys". They never wanted to work on getting good but they also despised losing so came up with a way of not really losing and not really working at something.

That Shit seems like it takes too much energy. Me, i was either passionate about something or didn't care.

LavosReee

kiwifarms.net
I think Phil is a victim of what I call the "honorable gamer" trope. It's a weird mish-mash of not wanting to learn meta, and thinking you're some sort of better person for it.

David Sirlin (SF2 HD Remix dev and subject of Dark's ire) would call this being a scrub. Sirlin says: "A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win. ".