[01 November 2019 - ???] DSP's Modern Warfare Rantings and Ravings - Because you can't spell "childishly react" without "chill"

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
Watching his CoD gameplay, I love how DSP complains that he can't be in a lobby "by himself." He's really desparate to isolate himself from society.

I want to play a "team based" game, but all by myself.

It's a "team based" game, yet he's never shown one sliver of teamwork strategies and he turns his mic off. He only cares about his own K/D ratio; he complains even when his team wins.

It's a "team based" game, yet he has no interest in creating a team even with his loyal paypigs. Maybe he caught wind of Brian laughing at him?

Edit - 30:45

DSP literally called Wings creating a team of viewers LAME.

Are his fans too blind to realize he just insulted them in this clip? Playing with your fans is lame. How is that lame? He blatantly insults the people who give him money and they continue to give him money. Batter wife syndrome to the fucking max with these wheelchairs.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
DSP has been playing CoD for over a decade, and he doesn't understand things like flanking, teammates sticking together, pincer manuevers, killboxes, or anything related to teamwork or strategy.

I've never played CoD, and I know these things. I don't know how relevant they are to CoD, but I do know that not everyone that flanks behind me "spawned" there.

Are his fans too blind to realize he just insulted them in this clip? Playing with your fans is lame. How is that lame? He blatantly insults the people who give him money and they continue to give him money. Batter wife syndrome to the fucking max with these wheelchairs.

Yes, they are too blind.

You would think that would be the easiest tip incentive in the world, or hell even a Patreon level, but he's so paranoid that DSP thinks everyone will turn on him eventually or trolls will pool all their money together or something. He doesn't realize that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy; they turn on him BECAUSE of the way he treats them. But if DSP had that level of self-awareness, he wouldn't be constantly saying how he doesn't everything right and everyone else fucks him over.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I think Phil is a victim of what I call the "honorable gamer" trope. It's a weird mish-mash of not wanting to learn meta, and thinking you're some sort of better person for it. They were rare, but you'd sometimes run into these guys in the arcades and they'd try some shit like "No throws okay" or "whoever wins first round loses second, so we play till three." The difference is now they can impart these "gentleman rules" on themselves, and always have an excuse on why they're losing. I used to be like that to an extent, because I wanted to be good in my own way... which never measured up to guys who'd set-play, know set-ups, and everything else. You eventually learn the meta and actually get good, or keep making excuses on why you keep getting your ass kicked.
Another good example to this is Dark Souls PvP. There's some autistic meta where people will throw tantrums if you: Use healing items during the duel, hide behind monsters, use meta weapons/set ups, summon help etc.

The whole point to invade is to take advantage of said things and being honorable with your emote/no healing rules and expecting others to follow them all the time is the most lamest shit of what you said by "honorable gamer".

DSP has been playing CoD for over a decade, and he doesn't understand things like flanking, teammates sticking together, pincer manuevers, killboxes, or anything related to teamwork or strategy.

I've never played CoD, and I know these things. I don't know how relevant they are to CoD, but I do know that not everyone that flanks behind me "spawned" there.

Teamwork with randoms can be a bit tough and so you really have to adapt to others and pay attention to how people work. This is impossible for Phil since he: doesn't use his mic, avoids interaction with others, never pays attention to his surroundings, doesn't adapt a playstyle against what he is up against, always blames his teammates, always rushes in.

He's like those low elo shitheads in MOBAs who is always typing "toxic" shit in chat and does his own thing. They feel they are stuck in this elo hell because of others and its always never their fault. They never play around other's playstyle, they pick whatever their champ they want. He's one of those instant locking Genji/Hanzo players in Overwatch's early lifespan.

Last edited:

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I think Phil is a victim of what I call the "honorable gamer" trope. It's a weird mish-mash of not wanting to learn meta, and thinking you're some sort of better person for it. They were rare, but you'd sometimes run into these guys in the arcades and they'd try some shit like "No throws okay" or "whoever wins first round loses second, so we play till three." The difference is now they can impart these "gentleman rules" on themselves, and always have an excuse on why they're losing. I used to be like that to an extent, because I wanted to be good in my own way... which never measured up to guys who'd set-play, know set-ups, and everything else. You eventually learn the meta and actually get good, or keep making excuses on why you keep getting your ass kicked.

I think this guy wrote a generic article with DSP in mind.

The scrub would take great issue with this statement for he usually believes that he is playing to win, but he is bound up by an intricate construct of fictitious rules that prevents him from ever truly competing. These made-up rules vary from game to game, of course, but their character remains constant. Let’s take a fighting game off of which I’ve made my gaming career: Street Fighter.

In Street Fighter, the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” This “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub. Performing a throw on someone is often called cheap. A throw is a special kind of move that grabs an opponent and damages him, even when the opponent is defending against all other kinds of attacks. The entire purpose of the throw is to be able to damage an opponent who sits and blocks and doesn’t attack. As far as the game is concerned, throwing is an integral part of the design—it’s meant to be there—yet the scrub has constructed his own set of principles in his mind that state he should be totally impervious to all attacks while blocking. The scrub thinks of blocking as a kind of magic shield that will protect him indefinitely. Why? Exploring the reasoning is futile since the notion is ridiculous from the start.

You will not see a classic scrub throw his opponent five times in a row. But why not? What if doing so is strategically the sequence of moves that optimizes his chances of winning? Here we’ve encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary. If you beat a scrub by throwing projectile attacks at him, keeping your distance and preventing him from getting near you—that’s cheap. If you throw him repeatedly, that’s cheap, too. We’ve covered that one. If you block for fifty seconds doing no moves, that’s cheap. Nearly anything you do that ends up making you win is a prime candidate for being called cheap. Street Fighter was just one example; I could have picked any competitive game at all.

Doing one move or sequence over and over and over is a tactic close to my heart that often elicits the call of the scrub. This goes right to the heart of the matter: why can the scrub not defeat something so obvious and telegraphed as a single move done over and over? Is he such a poor player that he can’t counter that move? And if the move is, for whatever reason, extremely difficult to counter, then wouldn’t I be a fool for not using that move? The first step in becoming a top player is the realization that playing to win means doing whatever most increases your chances of winning. That is true by definition of playing to win. The game knows no rules of “honor” or of “cheapness.” The game only knows winning and losing.

A common call of the scrub is to cry that the kind of play in which one tries to win at all costs is “boring” or “not fun.” Who knows what objective the scrub has, but we know his objective is not truly to win. Yours is. Your objective is good and right and true, and let no one tell you otherwise. You have the power to dispatch those who would tell you otherwise, anyway. Simply beat them.

Kheapathic

Now Selling: KF Registration Invitations.
kiwifarms.net
Another good example to this is Dark Souls PvP. There's some autistic meta where people will throw tantrums if you: Use healing items during the duel, hide behind monsters, use meta weapons/set ups, summon help etc.

The whole point to invade is to take advantage of said things and being honorable with your emote/no healing rules and expecting others to follow them all the time is the most lamest shit of what you said by "honorable gamer".

The entire Souls fanbase is a meta fucking nightmare. You can walk into just about any ""First time through" stream on whatever streaming site you want; and you'll eventually get the "You're X-ing wrong." X being gear or item usage, attack patterns, pathing, anything; anything that the meta nerds (like sped-runners) crafted and popularized is the one true and only way to do shit. And if you're doing it wrong, you will fucking be quick to find out. I had my own run-in with those guys in DS3 when grinding rep items to get all the spells and such. In the area right after... I think Pointiff. The popular PvP zone; where you walk outside the church and it's a fucking warzone of summoning spots. Was grinding PvP invasions there, and after a tricky battle where I knew I was outclassed; got hate mail calling me a bitch for getting him too close to spell casters and using them as support while I fight. Not my fault you got too close to them, didn't have to follow me. Same thing when I'd run into those guys who'd freak the fuck out if you kept throwing them in fighting games. If you get that close to me and I have an opening, I'm gonna throw.

I think this guy wrote a generic article with DSP in mind.

It's not just DSP, there's plenty of people like that. I just didn't know anyone else who had a name for it. To me, a scrub is someone who doesn't know better; because if you do know better but don't act on it, you're knee-capping yourself for some sense of honor. But that's neither here nor there; he hits it spot on. To keep things on topic, the worst case I can recall is back in Modern Warfare 2 days. No matter what you did, you were weak/cheap/etc. Use an OP gun like the SCAR, you fucking suck. Use an underpowered gun like the F2000, you fucking suck. Use specific kill-streaks to maximize your lethality, you fucking suck. Use kill-streaks like UAV or supply drops to assist with your team function, you fucking suck. Win a game, you fucking suck. Lose a game, you fucking suck. I was quick to realize the only way to be good at MW2... "The only winning move, is not to play."

Last edited:

Prince Lotor

Arnold Phil's-a-nigger can't hurt you now Bunny
kiwifarms.net
Wait, so that whole rant about how he wants his money back that he fucking Tweeted at them twice about was just because you can see other player's names in the menu as the Lobby fills up?

I don't play a lot of FPS games, but this is how the Lobby worked in every one I've played and in some you could even inspect peoples loadouts while you waited.

It sounds like from his rant that he thinks because he is by himself he is creating the Lobby and that it's his Lobby. As far as I know CoD isn't peer-to-peer, it has dedicated servers, and even if it was this doesn't automatically make his machine the Match host. Is that somewhere close to correct? Like the Lobby menu shows you in a Lobby by yourself while it's searching for one to put you in, and Phil is saying that he's in his own that he created and everyone else gets put in his game. It's like the logic of a toddler tantrum.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Wait, so that whole rant about how he wants his money back that he fucking Tweeted at them twice about was just because you can see other player's names in the menu as the Lobby fills up?

I don't play a lot of FPS games, but this is how the Lobby worked in every one I've played and in some you could even inspect peoples loadouts while you waited.

It sounds like from his rant that he thinks because he is by himself he is creating the Lobby and that it's his Lobby. As far as I know CoD isn't peer-to-peer, it has dedicated servers, and even if it was this doesn't automatically make his machine the Match host. Is that somewhere close to correct? Like the Lobby menu shows you in a Lobby by yourself while it's searching for one to put you in, and Phil is saying that he's in his own that he created and everyone else gets put in his game. It's like the logic of a toddler tantrum.

I don't know too much specifically about the servers, but what I think happened is that DSP didn't realize (or thought it should work a different way) was that when he enters matchmaking, then he enters a public lobby that all 12 eventual users (or just the 6 on his team?) in that match will be put in together to make the match. I don't think he ever realized that, and thought that the lobby and the matchmaking were two completely different things or something. I don't know what he ever thinks because he has some weird logic.

I think what DSP wanted to happen was that if he blacklists a troll, then the matchmaking prevents that troll from entering the match with him. That doesn't have anything to do with private/public, but DSP will never admit that he was wrong about something because he always knows how things SHOULD work and developers are STUPID if they don't work that way.

DSP was literally talking about how he didn't want ANYBODY in the lobby with him, so how he would actual start a 6-on-6 match, I have no idea. Like I said, I think DSP thinks that the lobbies and matches are separate entities.

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net

I think what's closer to the truth is Dave bought every version released for over a decade, and spent a couple hours on each one.

It's like he expects his slight success with fighters over a decade ago to translate into every genre of every game made. Which is especially fucking weird when you consider he spent real money and real time training on these fighters. You'd think he'd understand that playing this years CoD for 4 hours thyme dropping it until the next release doesn't mean he has a decade of skill in it. He's got 4 hours.

I think he's shit at games especially because of this weird belief that buying the new version every year somehow preserves skill or something.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I think what's closer to the truth is Dave bought every version released for over a decade, and spent a couple hours on each one.

It's like he expects his slight success with fighters over a decade ago to translate into every genre of every game made. Which is especially fucking weird when you consider he spent real money and real time training on these fighters. You'd think he'd understand that playing this years CoD for 4 hours thyme dropping it until the next release doesn't mean he has a decade of skill in it. He's got 4 hours.

I think he's shit at games especially because of this weird belief that buying the new version every year somehow preserves skill or something.
Has there ever been a CoD that he was actually good at? I hear this years CoD has major problems with the maps.

I guess he has always been bad? Seems to hate that it doesn't have his precious BR mode.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Has there ever been a CoD that he was actually good at? I hear this years CoD has major problems with the maps.

I guess he has always been bad? Seems to hate that it doesn't have his precious BR mode.
He didn't even like battle royal. He would literally say he hates this game and doesn't want to play it multiple times every stream. It's like he pretends he has a boss above him making the schedule forcing him to play these games, but he does it to himself. Clearly he hates playing games in general, but there are some he tolerates, maybe even enjoys, but instead of putting those on his schedule he puts games he despises then complains that the game is on the schedule. It's one of his stranger quirks.

To keep the thread on topic, don't have interest in Cod so I haven't watched any gameplay, but how do these lobbies differ from any other years lobbies? Did they actually change something that somehow makes it easier to troll or are they exactly like every other years and Phil's just mad because he's Phil?

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
Just checked in on Phil’s stream and he’s about the really let loose some salt if people keep shitting on him.

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
He keeps trying to fakesideclown his way out of people ragging on his gaming abilities.

And kdr wise he's not doing terrible. But he's not playing a kdr mode, he's playing (slightly worse tbf) bf1 style conquest.

And he refuses to play the mode. He's getting mad that people dont care he can camp for some easy kills.

Edit: the mode is 'unsatisfying' because its 'too much'.

Thats kinda the point of a 32v32 conquest style mode, Phil. You dunce.

I believe he was hoping for another mode he could bathroom camp, to be honest.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Tuned into a Phil stream for the first time in I don't know how long. The 2 minutes of gameplay I saw was Phil's character respawns, jogs ~50 ft, get killed, repeat. Nice to see Swagginz back like nothing ever happened. He's truly the KG of the Twitch chat.

actually

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And now we've reached the "sit in silence doing nothing" phase of Phil's babyrage. He briefly got happy when he got a quad kill from a missile streak...and then started bitching again as soon as he got killed. Especially funny since he didn't even bother capturing objectives, which is literally the whole point.

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
And now we've reached the "sit in silence doing nothing" phase of Phil's babyrage. He briefly got happy when he got a quad kill from a missile streak...and then started bitching again as soon as he got killed. Especially funny since he didn't even bother capturing objectives, which is literally the whole point.

You can even see him enter rooms and set up for camping before remembering this isn't Blackout. His fans were giving him shit for being mad the mode isnt 'chill' enough. God forbid Phil ever has to actually play games instead of hiding

Wurstbrot

Yikes, amateur night
kiwifarms.net
God forbid Phil ever has to actually play games instead of hiding
But it's the only method he knows...
Hide in a gated community.
Hide behind lies.
Hide behind backs for shittalk, never go face.
Hide behind other people's mistakes.
Hide in toilet rooms.
Hide for years and attack when the enemy is already down.

I don't think he's necessarily a coward, being careful is important. Just saying, when was he ever brave? Not in the sense of "Oh Wauw it was really brave to move to an expensive new condo, don't sell the old one, dwell in an expensive lifestyle and literally burn money like a millionaire".