[06/13/19-06/16/19] Vic, Nick & Beard + YF, TUG, et al @ Anime Matsuri AKA Anime Mignogna - 6/14/19 Vic Directly Gives Nick Energy and Nick proceeds Jelly Bean TUG

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do)
    Okay, now attachments should be working and the site should be very fast. If not, report it.

JosephTX

Joseph Guillaume of Houston, Don't Mess With Texas
kiwifarms.net
Anime Matsuri

Official website: https://www.animematsuri.com/
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeMatsuri
Official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFfxhR_FR9lysQaYx0S71ZA

Date And Time
Thu, Jun 13, 2019, 12:00 PM –
Sun, Jun 16, 2019, 4:00 PM CDT

1001 Avenida De Las Americas
Houston, TX 77010
Tickets
Tickets are $80 to attend the whole convention

Boy has this already turned into a shitshow.

So far we have spawned a new lolcow known as Tyler Willis who's one of the main people promoting #boycottmatauri with rumours already swirling our favorite couple in the world MoRon Soye is behind it.

Of course our favorite drunken lawyer our friend Nick Rekieta is slated to come make a special appearance to show his Texan roots

With that said this has gotten to the point that Anime Matsuri has now hired Ty Beard to legally represent them ahead of the next IRL battleground of the Weeb Wars

It's funny when I made this thread two weeks ago people said this would be an non-event that nobody would talk about.

Last edited:

Dr. Dingo DVM

Not particularly clever or funny
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's just me but I don't think we need to autistically catalogue every con Vic goes to, especially since so far the only con that anything actually happened at was able to be contained in one thread.

• Agree
Reactions: damian

NewFag7

kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's just me but I don't think we need to autistically catalogue every con Vic goes to, especially since so far the only con that anything actually happened at was able to be contained in one thread.
It's better this way to have them sorted by event and dates. If we keep the discussion about each con in their own separate thread, if something interesting happens it will be easier to find later than having to search the already bloated main thread.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net
ThatUmbrellaGuy's Interview with Deneice Leigh, co-owner of Anime Matsuri:

Cross-post:
This gives some additional background information that has occurred in the course of Weeb Wars regarding Anime Matsuri:

Boycott Anime Matsuri, which has co-opted KickVic, launched a campaign to remove Aina Kusuda (Nozomi Tojo in the Love Live! series)
as a guest at Anime Matsuri.

Aina Kusuda does still plan on going to Anime Matsuri:

Anime Matsuri also invited Reuben Langdon (voice and mocap actor for Dante of Devil May Cry) after Newsweek and Eurogamer wrote rather slanted opinion pieces about him after he said during a stream with Toy Bounty Hunter that he couldn't picture Vic doing the things accused of him and Vic deserved a fair shot:

(Go to 48:23)

Langdon was also savaged by ResetEra and PrettyUglyLittleLiars, too

Nick Rekieta, ThatUmbrellaGuy, Yellow Flash, and Hero Hei have made plans to attend Anime Matsuri. Rekieta plans to host a panel called "For the Fans" there. The Beard himself announced he is making plans to attend as well.

Boycott Anime Matsuri is attempting to convince the K-POP group Apink to cancel their appearance there, too:
EDIT: I put the correct band and this is some of the protests.

They may have attempted to do the same with other guests:
https://twitter.com/BoycottMatsuri/status/1121237766048821249

Last edited:

JosephTX

Joseph Guillaume of Houston, Don't Mess With Texas
kiwifarms.net
It's better this way to have them sorted by event and dates. If we keep the discussion about each con in their own separate thread, if something interesting happens it will be easier to find later than having to search the already bloated main thread.
Pretty much this, @emspex specifically approved of this due to the Main thread being over 20,000 posts and the lolcow cult subforums are similarly set up so the autism is easily searchable and events aren't lost as one event can trigger 20-50 pages of autism quickly drowning crucial documentation.

Renmei

kiwifarms.net
Huh I might be able to stop by for half a day, been to AM once in the past but didn't find the whole anime convention thing all that interesting. Buncha lil brats running around doing cringy meme shit, overpriced vendor stuff that I can get cheaper online and cosplayers of wildly differing quality. But I'll probably stop by for a panel with Nick and The Beard.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net
Huh I might be able to stop by for half a day, been to AM once in the past but didn't find the whole anime convention thing all that interesting. Buncha lil brats running around doing cringy meme shit, overpriced vendor stuff that I can get cheaper online and cosplayers of wildly differing quality. But I'll probably stop by for a panel with Nick and The Beard.
Nick is going to host the panel, but I don't think The Beard is going to be part of it. I think you would find him next to Vic like he was at Kameha Con (assuming he is there on business).

emspex

just be cool
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We havent been doing it for every con. Anime Matsuri also has shit going on other than Vic, so it warrants a thread.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Goddamn. Is Ty going to have a Weeaboo Division at his law firm now?
Honestly, there really seems like there's a potentially lucrative gap in the market that his firm could capture by doing something like that. As has been demonstrated, these are cases where the defendants are remarkably public about their illegal behaviour, and I imagine with the help of crowd-funding for plaintiffs that being The Firm for Twitter-based Tortious Interference, even if just in Texas, would be very profitable.

From how Ty's talked about it, it really seems like an unserved market that they could capture if they had the will to do so. It would also be a very satisfying pushback to Twitter justice.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, there really seems like there's a potentially lucrative gap in the market that his firm could capture by doing something like that. As has been demonstrated, these are cases where the defendants are remarkably public about their illegal behaviour, and I imagine with the help of crowd-funding for plaintiffs that being The Firm for Twitter-based Tortious Interference, even if just in Texas, would be very profitable.

From how Ty's talked about it, it really seems like an unserved market that they could capture if they had the will to do so. It would also be a very satisfying pushback to Twitter justice.
I can imagine what will happen if it takes off:

Eventually, precedent will be set where as soon as one of these cases hits the court, the judge is primed to ask if the allegations can be proven with exact dates, reliable witnesses that withstand cross examination, and material evidence that passes police review.

If yes, then things proceed. If not, the trial by Twitter types get told to shut up then and there and then it just becomes the defense attorney doing his best to prevent his clients from living on the street as the plaintiff gouges them hard.

The trial by Twitter types will either learn social justice is a sucker's game if they don't have a case an actual court would look at favorably and we see a massive dropoff in this trial by Twitter crap. Alternatively, this just leads to even gayer ops to get an actual case going and we get to laugh as these assholes make bigger criminals of themselves in the process.

If Twitter gets forced to cough up enough information on these idiots enough times, it will lead to them getting a bit tired of having to haul shit into police stations and courtrooms and instituting policy to tell the woke crowd to quit making them the middle man in their social justice lynching. We might also get legal policy that would make Twitter and other social media companies more culpable if it turns out they are balls deep in help the woke types commit civil malfeasance.

Basically, we could get a lot of fun consequences out of this is this sort of thing grows legs.

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
I still think Ty is absolutely baffled by this case. Well not the case proper, since he has that under control, but rather the social dimension accompanying it. People wanted pictures with him as if he were a celebrity at KamehaCon. He's received fan mail.

That and being stunned at all the discovery he's getting.

Last edited:

Keystone

kiwifarms.net
I can imagine what will happen if it takes off:

The trial by Twitter types will either learn social justice is a sucker's game if they don't have a case an actual court would look at favorably and we see a massive dropoff in this trial by Twitter crap. Alternatively, this just leads to even gayer ops to get an actual case going and we get to laugh as these assholes make bigger criminals of themselves in the process.
We all know it'll be this. Today we have Gay Ops; tomorrow we'll have Criminal Gay Ops™

FreeHugsCheap

Incredibly huggable
kiwifarms.net
I still think Ty is absolutely baffled by this case. Well not the case proper, since he has that week under control, but rather the social dimension accompanying it. People wanted pictures with him as if he were a celebrity at KamehaCon. He's received fan mail.

That and being stunned at all the discovery he's getting.
I can't imagine a more happy lawyer than Ty Beard with this case. Really, think about this:

You get a client who comes to you with a very actionable grievance, suggested to you by another lawyer you know, who has also started a crowdfunding initiative to support your new client's case, which in turn starts a social media shit storm that works in favor of your client, that prompts the opposing parties to not only adamantly refuse to seek their own council but also dump hundreds of incriminating messages for all to see, which are in turn collected and archived by a forum full of autists and delivered to you for free to use in court, and all the while you are being heralded as a hero and treated like a superstar for just having facial hair.

I can't imagine Ty has seen anything like this before.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net

In one of the streams Ty commented that for the amount of money the Anime Industry in the US generates its remarkably amateur. Most of the people involved don't seem to have the same grasp of the legal intricacies or even business requirements that even a small local restaurant chain would. Thats all probably going to change in the aftermath of the Weeb War. Yet another thing we can blame these idiots for. Stealing the innocence of Weeb companies.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino