Article 09-07-19 Dailydot cancels Yaniv -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Mistress Cuckfucker

kiwifarms.net
Why do they have to say that he's not transgender? Assholes exist in every community, and by saying that someone isn't trans because of their behavior, there will be a lot of unanswerable questions about gatekeeping. In other words, wouldn't it be easier to just acknowledge the fact that he is a terrible person no matter what he is?
TBH it's important to clarify that he is not actually trans to point out that he is using it as a loophole to gain access to women's spaces in order to predate on girls. Gatekeeping is an integral part of giving a *male woman* access to female spaces. Gaining access to the private spaces of the opposite sex should be much harder than simply self-identifying as a woman.

* I use male/female to describe genetic sex, man/woman to describe gender role presented/lived, and masculine/feminine to describe characteristics and personality, because a male cannot become female, but can be a woman after a legitimate transition wherein the male lives as and presents as a woman, even if some personality is still masculine (just as females sometimes have masculine traits). I wish it were this easy irl, but they just won't allow it to be.

A Pare A Teeth

kiwifarms.net
TBH it's important to clarify that he is not actually trans to point out that he is using it as a loophole to gain access to women's spaces in order to predate on girls. Gatekeeping is an integral part of giving a *male woman* access to female spaces. Gaining access to the private spaces of the opposite sex should be much harder than simply self-identifying as a woman.

* I use male/female to describe genetic sex, man/woman to describe gender role presented/lived, and masculine/feminine to describe characteristics and personality, because a male cannot become female, but can be a woman after a legitimate transition wherein the male lives as and presents as a woman, even if some personality is still masculine (just as females sometimes have masculine traits). I wish it were this easy irl, but they just won't allow it to be.

You can’t have ‘no true trans’ - or do we have gender police now and if you do something the rest of the community don’t like you’re excommunicated. Nope. He’s one of theirs, and their community encouraged and allowed this behaviour. They need to fix it.
Just like there are bad apples in all communities and I can’t decide that someone’s not a man because he’s also a rapist.

A man can never be a woman. A man with a surgically enhanced chest ie plastic tits is a man with plastic tits. A woman is not a cockless man.

Woman’s spaces are not yours to give away to some subset of men that have passed some idea of what you believe ‘lives as a woman’ means. What the fuck does that even mean ‘lives as a woman’? Be an effeminate man, wear make-up, dresses, whatever floats your boat. None of that is ‘living as a woman’.

And if it is decided that there is someway to ‘live as a woman’ what happens to those actual woman who don’t woman properly?

Fuck gender. Expand the bandwidth of what being a man is.

Obvs all the above applies vice versa.

Junkail

kiwifarms.net

You missed the point. Like many other people have mentioned, Yaniv is part of the trans community because their rules allowed him to identify as a woman. However what he identifies as in his imaginary little world is different from his character. The article's primary intention was to attack his character and his actions on women and children. Howeve, the writers and the LGBT community not only did that, but also overreached their claim and declared that he isn't *really* transgender. By doing so, they are basically stating that he isn't transgender because he's a terrible person. This not only weakens the argument that he is a terrible person because of his inherent character, but also shows the hypocrisy in the gatekeeping process for the LGBT community.

Ex Cummunicated Sasser HD

Sláinte!!!
kiwifarms.net
...However, the writers and the LGBT community not only did that, but also overreached their claim and declared that he isn't *really* transgender. By doing so, they are basically stating that he isn't transgender because he's a terrible person. This not only weakens the argument that he is a terrible person because of his inherent character, but also shows the hypocrisy in the gatekeeping process for the LGBT community.

I just thought he wasn't a tranny because he has a big set of hairy bollocks, but that's just me.

Poopstain

kiwifarms.net
You missed the point. Like many other people have mentioned, Yaniv is part of the trans community because their rules allowed him to identify as a woman. However what he identifies as in his imaginary little world is different from his character. The article's primary intention was to attack his character and his actions on women and children. Howeve, the writers and the LGBT community not only did that, but also overreached their claim and declared that he isn't *really* transgender. By doing so, they are basically stating that he isn't transgender because he's a terrible person. This not only weakens the argument that he is a terrible person because of his inherent character, but also shows the hypocrisy in the gatekeeping process for the LGBT community.

Agree, only their rules don't just "allow him to identify as a woman" but also (applied consistently) seek to FORCE us to identify him as a woman as well.....

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Howeve, the writers and the LGBT community not only did that, but also overreached their claim and declared that he isn't *really* transgender. By doing so, they are basically stating that he isn't transgender because he's a terrible person. This not only weakens the argument that he is a terrible person because of his inherent character, but also shows the hypocrisy in the gatekeeping process for the LGBT community.

I've seen way more people saying Yaniv's trans and bad, and can be both. Way more than any hypocritically gatekeeping. (Though it does exist)

Fliddaroonie

I'm a spooky ghost! Whooooo!!! Ectoplasm!!!!
kiwifarms.net
Woman’s spaces are not yours to give away to some subset of men that have passed some idea of what you believe ‘lives as a woman’ means. What the fuck does that even mean ‘lives as a woman’? Be an effeminate man, wear make-up, dresses, whatever floats your boat. None of that is ‘living as a woman’.

And if it is decided that there is someway to ‘live as a woman’ what happens to those actual woman who don’t woman properly?

Fuck gender. Expand the bandwidth of what being a man is.

Obvs all the above applies vice versa.

This is so true. All troon men "live as women" by showing excessive, tarted up versions of femininity, just like Jonny boy. the whole Dora the explorer ensemble for example, picking pink accessories, all that schtick.

It's grotesque. Worse, it's men, troons and their handmaidens, mansplaining femininity and how to be a woman to actual women, You know, ones with vaginas, not stink ditches that heal over if you don't irritate the wound daily,