10/04/2019 - Judge Chupp Dismisses All Claims Against Defendant - Take your Sperging Here

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
Why do people care about this? What will change if Vic wins?
A man who did nothing wrong will have his name cleared, and the ones who accused him of said wrong doing will have their lives and names dragged through the same mud they dragged his. Only this time it would be justified. All the rumor and innuendo surrounding the VAs and Execs at Funimation will forever tarnish that company whether people want to admit it or not. The lawsuit, the allegations, the leaks of their "offensive" humour, their complete disregard for due process just for a couple of internet morality points, all of it will be shown to a wider audience.

Also in the world we live in, cancelculture has become something used for evil much more than it has ever been used for good, things like "listen and believe", and , "believe all VICtims", along with others such as ProJared, Enzo Amore, and others have had their lives ruined and their humanity stripped from them by an angry mob of people who simply read a headline without once thinking "hmm this sounds sketchy let me look into it more."

I think the right term is "headliners"

Wilhelm Bittrich

Ma'am, this is a Wendy’s!
kiwifarms.net
How I put it is Chupp has basically said "No, I don't feel like doing my job. Why don't you three appeals court judges do it for me instead?"
Which raises the question why did he decide to run for a judge's seat to begin with? A secure monthly paycheck, maybe?
If that's his work ethic (allegedly) he's the wrong man for the job.
the fuck happened to this thread?
Entry level YouTube trolling, that happened
How can people bite every single bait in a row for days?
Falling for low level bait in 2019! head--->desk
People came to respect wahmen.
Yeah, I like me some ramen too.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
A man who did nothing wrong will have his name cleared, and the ones who accused him of said wrong doing will have their lives and names dragged through the same mud they dragged his. Only this time it would be justified. All the rumor and innuendo surrounding the VAs and Execs at Funimation will forever tarnish that company whether people want to admit it or not. The lawsuit, the allegations, the leaks of their "offensive" humour, their complete disregard for due process just for a couple of internet morality points, all of it will be shown to a wider audience.

Also in the world we live in, cancelculture has become something used for evil much more than it has ever been used for good, things like "listen and believe", and , "believe all VICtims", along with others such as ProJared, Enzo Amore, and others have had their lives ruined and their humanity stripped from them by an angry mob of people who simply read a headline without once thinking "hmm this sounds sketchy let me look into it more."

I think the right term is "headliners"
Yeah, but he’ll still never work as an actor again. He didn’t really have reach past the anime industry, and suing the biggest player in any industry all but kills your chances of working in it again. At best he would have gotten some retirement money from this whole ordeal

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Meh, in the 80s all it took was playing D&D and liking Heavy Metal and having your local televangelist find out.

Cancel Culture sucks but some of you guys are acting like this is the first time this shit has happened.
and did people get fired from their jobs and blacklisted from their industries for that shit back then? i don't know because i wasn't around for it but i really doubt it

Reactions: s0mbra

teriyakiburns

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but he’ll still never work as an actor again. He didn’t really have reach past the anime industry, and suing the biggest player in any industry all but kills your chances of working in it again. At best he would have gotten some retirement money from this whole ordeal
He's already worked as an actor again - lice action at that - and he's got plenty of other career optoins to fall back on. I feel safe saying his employment prospects outside Texas are just fine.

BrandedEagle

kiwifarms.net
and did people get fired from their jobs and blacklisted from their industries for that shit back then? i don't know because i wasn't around for it but i really doubt it
Not really, no. Maybe if you lived in rural bumfuck nowhere or the suburbs but inner city peeps didn't need to worry.

Hell, even in the suburbs you'd have to do something else to piss your neighbors off to get them to do anything other than give you nasty looks.

Reactions: s0mbra

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
No.

This whole "cancel culture" and "culture war" stuff is different from what happened in the 90s because it's coming from inside the industry. Back then, the groups against games, films, and music were obviously outsiders who didn't buy the product. The worst you'd get for defying them was some finger wagging articles in the press.

Now they are people within the industry acting as gatekeepers, and they successfully created the illusion of being the voice of the consumer. Even if you see through their bullshit, they will try and drag your name through the mud and have you blacklisted.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A bunch of people who thought they had free reign to strip away the livelihood of anyone they don't like will find out that they were wrong, and spend several months, possibly several years, providing endless entertainment as they tard out across the entire internet.

Also a good man will have his name cleared.
Also law twitter will completely lose their fucking minds because their smugness has gone so far into the stratosphere that anything short of an absolute victory will be utterly shattering.

Steve Smyff

kiwifarms.net
I didn't see it coming either, just because I'm an exceptional downer - I wondered how could Chupp f*ck Vic over as much as possible -

answer: deny Vic the chance to appeal for a long time (because some small part of the case goes on).

Well now, I certainly didn't see this coming, though I guess it makes sense given how we saw the Judge handle the TCPA hearing.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I didn't see it coming either, just because I'm an exceptional downer - I asked how could Chupp f*ck Vic over as much as possible -

answer: deny Vic the chance to appeal while some small part of the case goes on.
And he didn't do that, so of all the things he can be accused of at this point, I don't think Chupp is actually maliciously fucking over Vic or outright biased.

No Man's Burrito

kiwifarms.net
And he didn't do that, so of all the things he can be accused of at this point, I don't think Chupp is actually maliciously fucking over Vic or outright biased.
Chupp probably doesn't care enough to fuck Vic over.
You know that saying. "Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance."

I doubt the guy knew what the fuck TCPA is. He "cites" case law (as in, talks about an article written by law students but doesn't actually cite said article) for the wrong law (that had a similar acronym.) Doesn't say either way in the ruling whether or not Vic is a public figure (LP or not.) During the TCPA hearing, he fucking had to ask someone what "Defamation per se" was.

I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt by thinking he was throwing Vic a bone indirectly by dismissing everything (so it's off his docket.) After listening to Nick's run down of the ruling combined with other little things that happened during this case, I think he's just incompetent. He doesn't take what's going on seriously (due to, I'm guessing, "this is fight between actors for cartoon shows on the internet,) and didn't know the laws he was suppose to be ruling on. He practically argued FOR the defense during the thing about the affidavits.

The sad part is...if this is the first TCPA case he ever did, I'd be more sympathetic. However, he blindsided Ty by being completely unprofessional and not wanting Ty to actually explain his side. He didn't turn it around until Ty started getting fed up with his bullshit.

Ty did stumble, but, the more we get from this judge, the more I realize that Chupp didn't know what he was actually ruling on and, instead of listening to either of the lawyers, he just kind of...made assumptions on how the law worked. Hence, treating the hearing like a trial and the other exceptional moves he made.

• Agree
Reactions: Kosher Salt
Tags
None