10/04/2019 - Judge Chupp Dismisses All Claims Against Defendant - Take your Sperging Here

Steve Smyff

kiwifarms.net
Chupp probably doesn't care enough to fuck Vic over.
I agree it looks like Chupp's 95 to 99% apathetic towards Vic

BUT the arbitration demand makes me suspect something's up, some emotional investment in not getting overturned, and the blame could land on Vic instead of the actual perps.

Much Ado About Nothing

Autism, just another service I provide
kiwifarms.net

BUT the arbitration demand makes me suspect something's up, some emotional investment in not getting overturned, and the blame could land on Vic instead of the actual perps.
He might have realized he is on the record basically saying to Ty and the entire court-room, in semi-rephrased words:
"No I don't want your folder of evidence, the defense gave me theirs....so I will use that one."

OneHandClapping

yamate itae
kiwifarms.net

The mediation was just an extension of his laziness. Please settle in mediation, Please settle in mediation, Please settle in mediation, Please settle in mediation... FUCK.

Leibowitz

Bless me Father, I ate a lizard.
kiwifarms.net
The mediation was just an extension of his laziness. Please settle in mediation, Please settle in mediation, Please settle in mediation, Please settle in mediation... FUCK.
The mediation was a Hail Mary, the ruling was a punt. I wonder if Chupp is fucking it up deliberately to spite the appeals court, ha ha.

• Feels
Reactions: rotollo

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You know that saying. "Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance."

I doubt the guy knew what the fuck TCPA is. He "cites" case law (as in, talks about an article written by law students but doesn't actually cite said article) for the wrong law (that had a similar acronym.) Doesn't say either way in the ruling whether or not Vic is a public figure (LP or not.) During the TCPA hearing, he fucking had to ask someone what "Defamation per se" was.
That part was genuinely weird. Did he just Google it?

He could have read the fucking defense's arguments. They cited actual case law. They weren't right, imo, but at least they were citations that weren't some weird ass-pull to an online-only third-tier toilet law journal that wasn't even about the TCPA.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Kosher Salt

Noya

too tired for this shit
kiwifarms.net
The mediation was a Hail Mary, the ruling was a punt. I wonder if Chupp is fucking it up deliberately to spite the appeals court, ha ha.
Most likely he thought the whole case was a waste of the court's time, hence why he was pushing them heavily towards mediation. He probably has some pre-conceived notions about anime (mainly that it's for children), so seeing these grown adults involved in it having a go at each other immediately made his eyes glaze over.

heyilikeyourmom

a lunatic just barking at the moon
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Look on the bright side, at least those Funimation blooper leaks destroyed the company and left the defendants forever unemployed like everyone here said was gonna happen, right?

No Man's Burrito

kiwifarms.net
Look on the bright side, at least those Funimation blooper leaks destroyed the company and left the defendants forever unemployed like everyone here said was gonna happen, right?
Now, I'm not saying that this will actually happen. However, if it did happen, it would take awhile. Sony doesn't really need Funimation, but Funimation really needs Sony (and Dragonball in general.) A very prominent japanese VA did mention that Toei was very unhappy with Funimation and what their license was being used on.

In my autistic opinion, I expect a lot more will have to happen. The leaks have been shown around before (though, I think the Dende one wasn't revealed last time, but I might be wrong.) There would have to be video evidence or even more accounts of the casting couch shit to surface for Sony to do anything.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: rotollo

Spectre_06

I'ma report you to SecDef Trump.
kiwifarms.net
Now, I'm not saying that this will actually happen. However, if it did happen, it would take awhile. Sony doesn't really need Funimation, but Funimation really needs Sony (and Dragonball in general.) A very prominent japanese VA did mention that Toei was very unhappy with Funimation and what their license was being used on.
Rumblings are at least one VA has been told her contract will not be renewed at the end of it.

AnIncredibleDerp

kiwifarms.net
He might have realized he is on the record basically saying to Ty and the entire court-room, in semi-rephrased words:
"No I don't want your folder of evidence, the defense gave me theirs....so I will use that one."
If he wanted to avoid attention to that, he should've ruled in favour of Vic... Now that's going to be in the pleadings.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes! We also dislike People who surrender.
Agreed, the French are terrible human beings.
He probably has some pre-conceived notions about anime (mainly that it's for children), so seeing these grown adults involved in it having a go at each other immediately made his eyes glaze over.
Many people do, but it's something I don't understand since companies hire adults to voice adults in cartoons (like Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong and Tabitha), so why would hiring adults to voice Chinese manga videos be weird?
0/10

AnIncredibleDerp

kiwifarms.net
Agreed, the French are terrible human beings.

Many people do, but it's something I don't understand since companies hire adults to voice adults in cartoons (like Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong and Tabitha), so why would hiring adults to voice Chinese manga videos be weird?

0/10
Somehow I think there'd be the same reaction if it happened on the set of Fairly Odd Parents or Avatar the Last Airbender instead of Dragonball Super Broly.

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Somehow I think there'd be the same reaction if it happened on the set of Fairly Odd Parents or Avatar the Last Airbender instead of Dragonball Super Broly.
I'd hope so, but I'm sceptical because of the larger amount of money put into the shows by Nickelodeon and the amount of money coming in because of those shows make makes me think they'd be far more desperate to cover things up. Especially since they have the Nick Teen Awards as well.

AnIncredibleDerp

kiwifarms.net
I'd hope so, but I'm sceptical because of the larger amount of money put into the shows by Nickelodeon and the amount of money coming in because of those shows make makes me think they'd be far more desperate to cover things up. Especially since they have the Nick Teen Awards as well.
I am referring to the judge's reaction, not Nickelodeon.

Tags
None