10/4/2019 - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme - Tom babbles about boomer facebook shit

BigTodd

kiwifarms.net
Fuck my ears....damn. clicked on the stream about the time he started playing that so call music. Tom should really pick one instrument and try to become proficient with it. Take some lessons or something. Fuck, just watch some YouTube how-to videos.

Christ Cried

kiwifarms.net
Fuck my ears....damn. clicked on the stream about the time he started playing that so call music. Tom should really pick one instrument and try to become proficient with it. Take some lessons or something. Fuck, just watch some YouTube how-to videos.
I love when he plays the flute or recorder or whatever the fuck it is. I always imagine Tommy in middle earth fighting evil trolls.

MasterDisaster

I'm here for the juice, baby.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tom states that he is extremely proficient with the saxophone despite being barely able to read music. His real issue, however, is his utterly shit lung capacity. Not counting what seems to clearly be COPD it's his constant smoking that has ruined his ability to hold a note; that's why he generally relies on 'noodling'. You're just playing random shit that sounds good together but it's not a mark of skill. There's plenty of professionals that use noodling as a stepping stone to creating a new song but they'd never go up on stage and just toot random shit for an hour and pretend it was quality entertainment.

The Reaper

Dreaming of Egg Nog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tom states that he is extremely proficient with the saxophone despite being barely able to read music. His real issue, however, is his utterly shit lung capacity. Not counting what seems to clearly be COPD it's his constant smoking that has ruined his ability to hold a note; that's why he generally relies on 'noodling'. You're just playing random shit that sounds good together but it's not a mark of skill. There's plenty of professionals that use noodling as a stepping stone to creating a new song but they'd never go up on stage and just toot random shit for an hour and pretend it was quality entertainment.
One of the greatest professors of Saxophone I ever had would get up on stage and "noodle" for incoming students. He did it for several reasons:
1. He wanted to show them that performing is not a spooky thing
2. He liked showing off
3. He incorporated both basic and advanced techniques to show how proper soloing makes use of all skills, and that many of the best soloists emphasize the basics. Advanced methods are cool and flashy, but in a room full of non-musicians who want to hear some music it's a terrible idea to alienate your audience by "playing above them."

More to the point Tommy fails to understand how to 'noodle' (at least from the little bit I've heard). He really should pick a simple pattern, like a 12 bar blues, and run through it. After he's established it he needs to then break it down and develop it. It's not just playing random notes that 'might sound good.' It's taking the music and applying a little structure to it. Makes the music easier for both him and his audience. It was something my professor would do. He'd make a simple pattern, then develop it with more advanced techniques, and as he did this he'd change the pattern or develop it further.

People like Tommy make it harder for legit musicians to just hang out on the street and play. People think you look like a bum if you're holding an instrument.

Dimetrodon

Not a reptile or a mammal
kiwifarms.net
One of the greatest professors of Saxophone I ever had would get up on stage and "noodle" for incoming students. He did it for several reasons:
2. He liked showing off
3. He incorporated both basic and advanced techniques to show how proper soloing makes use of all skills, and that many of the best soloists emphasize the basics. Advanced methods are cool and flashy, but in a room full of non-musicians who want to hear some music it's a terrible idea to alienate your audience by "playing above them."

More to the point Tommy fails to understand how to 'noodle' (at least from the little bit I've heard). He really should pick a simple pattern, like a 12 bar blues, and run through it. After he's established it he needs to then break it down and develop it. It's not just playing random notes that 'might sound good.' It's taking the music and applying a little structure to it. Makes the music easier for both him and his audience. It was something my professor would do. He'd make a simple pattern, then develop it with more advanced techniques, and as he did this he'd change the pattern or develop it further.

People like Tommy make it harder for legit musicians to just hang out on the street and play. People think you look like a bum if you're holding an instrument.
At the very least Tommy serves as an example of what not to do. That's a fairly consistent theme with lolcows: they're essentially anti-role models, with Tom being one of the most obvious examples of that across many different metrics.

BigTodd

kiwifarms.net
2. He liked showing off

Tom won't do this for several reasons, all of which trace back to either his mental illness or his personality.

1. Tom is too arrogant to ask for help learning or to take a class
2. Tom is too lazy to even watch videos and try to learn on his own
3. Tom's mind is so baked that he can't remember a tune, much less remember the 10-12 notes he just "played" to do them again with additions or changes
4. Tom is a grifter who will only do the bare minimum to "earn" his handouts

In sum, Tom is an elderly moron who plays instruments at the same level as toddlers banging on pans, though obviously a lot less endearing. Surprised his neighbors don't kick down his door and shove the recorder up his ass or wrap the sax around his melon head.

Junkail

kiwifarms.net
With the current state of his lungs and mind, Tom should just play the triangle.

• Winner
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino