10-6-2014 The Return of Mandy -

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
No wonder he loves his job, he just stands around watching people all day right now! Sure bet he's gonna be fucking complaining all over the place when the grace period is over and he actually has to, y'know, work, since I'm not too clear on how this is any different than his last job other than him working in his equivalent of Valhalla.

PacSol

kiwifarms.net
Important-sounding title for a job a monkey could do.
Fair enough, but "Advanced" sounds like it should be reserved for a Repair Agent of some distinction, either via seniority or competence, neither of which the Pyrite Peasant has if he's still in training.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
No wonder he loves his job, he just stands around watching people all day right now! Sure bet he's gonna be fucking complaining all over the place when the grace period is over and he actually has to, y'know, work, since I'm not too clear on how this is any different than his last job other than him working in his equivalent of Valhalla.
He's going to be pretty pissed when he actually starts working and finds out not only is he doing literally the same exact work, but that since he doesn't have to drive around they're going to expect him to do well more then a minimum of 8 computers per day.

Or maybe he'll be a little hypocrite and think it's a million times better then his old job because not only does he not have to drive around all day, but he can sneak off to masturbate and his supervisor doesn't seem to care.

Shuu Iwamine

always rolls a nat 1 to seduce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why he's so dead set on doing computer repair work. He proved last time that it's all too much work for him. If I know anything about Geek Squad, he won't be treated any more lightly than he did at his previous job. I still give him a couple weeks before he gets fed up. Again.

Ravenor

Purge.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At the moment he is fine, he is just watching an learning. Give it time to sink in he will have to fix computers and a lot more than he did before and he will soon get into a huff about it.

Thing is places like Geek Squad and The Tech Guy's (the UK equivalent) is they take the lowest of quality techs who can't get a job any ware else or kid's who haven't really entered the job market yet and don't have high expectations of them, as long as they show up do some work and don't seriously cock up or creep a customer out they will keep them around as long as they are useful.

Total Dingus

kiwifarms.net
I don't know why he's so dead set on doing computer repair work. He proved last time that it's all too much work for him. If I know anything about Geek Squad, he won't be treated any more lightly than he did at his previous job. I still give him a couple weeks before he gets fed up. Again.
He's said (in some journal, somewhere) that anything below being a knight or a computer repair-guy is too far below him to even consider, as he doesn't want to be a lowly peon - despite the fact that he doesn't really have any skills, nor does he really think he needs to learn any.

I'm pretty sure that computer repairman is held in such high esteem because that's where his viyagames live.

Ravenor

Purge.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man, a few years ago, I couldn't even get a job at best buy and I had actual experience with building PCs, repair, and programming, yet they hire this autistic joker? There really is no god.
As I posted before, they hire the lowest of the low, or young kids as the first job kinda deal. If you have experience and if you show promise they wont bother as they know after a week or two you will start looking for another job an jump ASAP it's not worth the money they spend "Training" you and the replacement.

So don't be disheartened quite the opposite, you where to good for them to consider hiring you.

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Man, a few years ago, I couldn't even get a job at best buy and I had actual experience with building PCs, repair, and programming, yet they hire this autistic joker? There really is no god.
You an me both. There was a period there where I was out of work and would have liked to work for Geek Squad. So I applied thinking that my knowledge and experience would actually count for something. I even went as far on my resume to make sure I had put down my A+ certification when I normally take it off because it's silly.

Never got called. Never got an interview. Never did find out why until I started reading how Geek Squad techs are really doing monkey work by running scripts and "optimizing" PCs.

That and they really don't pay very well although considering how many on sale DVDs I've purchased at Best Buy it might not have been a bad gig for a short period.

• Feels
Reactions: John Furrman
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino