11/16/2019 - Busking in the underpass - Tom takes us begging

BigTodd

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone even put a dollar in the old dudes case? I had to watch on mute, but it looks like his COPD and lack of ability keeps him from paying more than 20 seconds at a time.

• Winner
Reactions: BlueSpark

The Reaper

Dreaming of Egg Nog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay it is definitely a curved soprano he's on right now. I still want to know the model though, and its hard to tell from his crummy camera quality.

Off the bat his tone is appalling. I can't stress how important embouchure is on a saxophone ESPECIALLY the soprano. Its something you spend a lifetime on, and takes dedication and work to master. Technically I could pick up any saxophone and play it, but I would never say I play soprano. Its something I never got the opportunity to study, or something that I would have the time to take up right now. I spent years playing on Alto and Baritones, and even then I still learn new things about the horns and the development of sound. Tommy needs to go to the drawing board and listen to what the horn should actually sound like. I don't think he's taken the time to listen to other artists outside of himself. Here's 2 minutes of a guy playing a similar horn (definitely a higher quality horn, but nonetheless).
Listen to the tone difference. Tommy wouldn't sound great if he developed his tone (his timing and improv are crap, but one can be fixed with a metronome, the other comes with confidence and time) but he'd at least sound bearable, and someone might throw some cash.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino