[11-Feb-2019] Phil willing to lie to his fans for more money. - Accepting sponsorships. He fell for the bait.

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do) (A post about feelings)
    This announcement will be removed when I (hopefully) finalize my audit either today or tomorrow. I will follow it up with a mass email to all users linking the information in this announcement. So far, there has been no subsequent release of data.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
I tried to think about whether I know a single other youtuber or streamer's writing style and grammatical tics, and the answer's definitely no. One lesson Phil teaches other creators every day that doesn't get brought up enough is that we've seen so many unnecessary novels written by Phil about money, shady deals, drama, and ever-changing history that there can be mystery around whether someone else can write in his voice better than he can himself.

The style of this one is a complete toss-up imo, but the tripping over himself to not call this a sponsorship and to delay it until summer when he has more layaround time sound like Phil concepts.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'm not feeling it. The email doesn't really say much if it is real that the other email ops didn't say, and it's not entertaining for the same reason if it's fake, which it very likely is.
Yeah even if real it isn't that damning. Nothing near as bad as the first one. Phil's willingness to lie to his audience was well documented before any of these emails anyway.

When I first read it I did get a laugh about him telling this stranger everything going on in his life. How lonely would you have to be to spill your guts to some guy offering a sponsorship deal?

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
Yeah even if real it isn't that damning. Nothing near as bad as the first one. Phil's willingness to lie to his audience was well documented before any of these emails anyway.

When I first read it I did get a laugh about him telling this stranger everything going on in his life. How lonely would you have to be to spill your guts to some guy offering a sponsorship deal?
Imagine it was a real company, legitly reaching out. Any legit company who received an email back and “tax issues” and “back taxes” or anything like that was written in it, they would run for the hills. Who wants to get involved with someone with tax issues? It means they are either deadbeats who can’t pay or budget themselves properly or they are liars saying it for sympathy.

KingjadVCMP

kiwifarms.net
It's believable, but questionable and also, imo, irrelevant. Even if true Phil's reputation remains of the same - scumbag cunt. This won't do much I feel.

Do I think it's real? I'm leaning slightly more towards no.

• Agree
Reactions: _XXIII_ and Haunter

PenskeMaterial

kiwifarms.net
How lonely would you have to be to spill your guts to some guy offering a sponsorship deal?
Well, this is the guy(it's the guy!) who rambles on every time he streams for 45 minutes up to an 1.5 hours about his boring life because he has no one to turn to in real life, except his disappointed parents and "girlfriend" who is repulsed by him.

Phil has no guy friends he can confide in, and every guy needs other guys he can share shit with.

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
Well, this is the guy(it's the guy!) who rambles on every time he streams for 45 minutes up to an 1.5 hours about his boring life because he has no one to turn to in real life, except his disappointed parents and "girlfriend" who is repulsed by him.

Phil has no guy friends he can confide in, and every guy needs other guys he can share shit with.
His chat, his parents, and his girlfriends have all reinforced his current behavior of "whining long enough about trolls and money will get you more money and make you feel better" so it just. keeps. going. He calls his parents every week to catch them up on his life, they send him money. He whines to Kat when he's depressed, she chips in with bills and he can use her to think he's better than. His pity parties and celebrations when he outwits a troll usually work on twitch.

So why not spill your guts to a PC builder, expecting an upgrade to a 1080 on the house because his "fans" have wanted this for so long, but he just can't save the house with a 1060.

ProdigalDuke

Boundless and bare
kiwifarms.net
Yeah this ain't nothing special. I'm willing to believe it's real, but at most we'll get an ass mad rant from Phil on stream for a few minutes. Speds acting like these are the Watergate tapes need to stop tryharding with the ops. DSP gives us plenty sustenance by himself.

• Agree
Reactions: actually

Leon Breitling

kiwifarms.net
Yeah this ain't nothing special. I'm willing to believe it's real, but at most we'll get an ass mad rant from Phil on stream for a few minutes. Speds acting like these are the Watergate tapes need to stop tryharding with the ops. DSP gives us plenty sustenance by himself.
Yeah, it isn't like this is going to stop his paypigs from pledging their undying financial loyalty to him.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
whats even the point of these ops? phil is dumb enough to fail on his own
I couldn't agree more.

Did you see the rants DSP went on yesterday about how everyone on Twitch playing Apex is either a shill or completely dishonest and just trying to make a buck? Did you see the rant that DSP went on saying how stupid Square Enix was for releasing all the smaller Kingdom Hearts games, a year wasn't long enough to play all of them on PS4, and anyone that liked KH3 is only a fanboy and their opinion doesn't matter?

You don't need to ops DSP. Just let him rant on his own.

gin_nose

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't be surprised if emerald 7 shows up soon. A few days after the last email gay-op, Phil got all the those subs from him. Maybe this will trigger the next sub gifting spree.
I doubt it, the way phil talks when asked I firmly believe he talked to Emerald Seven, knew the entire story/reason for the donation, and was told it was a one time thing. Likely some poor ass hole got a big payout from something unexpected and decided to waste it on phil. maybe a parent or grand parent died and left emerald seven some money. poor fuck fell for the marketing scheme.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't agree more.

Did you see the rants DSP went on yesterday about how everyone on Twitch playing Apex is either a shill or completely dishonest and just trying to make a buck? Did you see the rant that DSP went on saying how stupid Square Enix was for releasing all the smaller Kingdom Hearts games, a year wasn't long enough to play all of them on PS4, and anyone that liked KH3 is only a fanboy and their opinion doesn't matter?

You don't need to ops DSP. Just let him rant on his own.
Yeah, I'm not sure anyone needs any further proof that DSP is disingenuous, dishonest, greedy, narcissistic, and contemptuous of his viewership. If you're aiming for getting him to go on a rant on his prestream all you need to do is just wait. Otherwise you're just trying to do it for some autistic sense of pride knowing that it was you who caused it as opposed to literally any number of other sources.

I'm not sure why poop-touching is for some reason acceptable with Phil and not any other lolcow, especially considering what traditionally happens with those who do.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I gotta be honest, I don't see much here either. I mean, he even explicitly says multiple times that he wants to give a proper shoutout to the company on-stream and plug them. Only possible negative angle is that he might have lied and said someone sent him money to buy it when it was really just given by the company, but that's pretty fuckin' minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino