[11 May 2019] Phil Plans to Move Out in June - Because what is a home without an abuser?

UselessRubberKeyboard

CPU Rainbow Heart, Goddess of Spectrum Consoles
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, Phil's "bitch better have my housing" doodleposter is looking a bit outdated now. And so much for the tattoo of a cabbage on his thigh "commemmorating my 5 years of houselessness".

Still, without those annoying utility bills to pay, Phil can spend all his tardbux on antifa tattoos and plastic guns now. As long as he can fit them in his shopping trolley, of course.

In all fairness, someone losing their housing is always a worrying and sad situation. Life is about to get a fucktonne harder for Phil, unless he can somehow get his tardwrangler to find him another Section 8 place (unlikely, given how he's fucked this one up). However, it's not like Phil didn't have an absolutely gift opportunity here, with a single bed flat all to himself, rent controlled, and with tardbux to cover the main living costs. It was a golden chance for him to settle and get some stability in his life. All he had to do was not trash the flat, pay his bills and not fight with his neighbors, and he's fucked up on all three points. A guy who spent 5 years homeless and was, according to him, going to die if he spent another winter on the streets.

I guess cosplaying a picked-on tranny and an antifa super soldier is more important than all of that, though. Just like cosplaying Sasuke was more important than keeping his last home and not punching his own mother. He's had all his chances now, and middle-aged homeless men with mental illnesses are the back of the queue when it comes to charity help and support. Usually because they're the most likely to fuck up any support given. Like Phil has, here.

This is the problem with being a braggard, Phil. It makes people laugh all the harder when the things you boast about turn sour.

An Ghost

Covered in sheet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oregon is very renter friendly so an eviction is possible but improbable. This source says 30-90 days notice have to be given. Also some government subsidized apartments can’t be evicted. Either Phil really fucked up and Toren started begging right when they got the notice, or something else is up. Here’s the relevant passage:
If you have a month-to-month tenancy, you pay rent once a month and your rental agreement continues until either you or your landlord ends it. To end a month-to-month tenancy, you or your landlord must give each other written notice. This notice can be given at any time, but it must allow for at least 30 days before the actual date of termination. In the city of Portland, tenants are entitled to 90 days notice of a no-cause eviction. If your tenancy began more than one year ago, your landlord must give you a 60-day notice of termination — except in the city of Portland, where 90 days are required. The notice must clearly state the date that the tenancy will end. In private rental housing, it is not necessary for either party to give a reason for ending the tenancy, although a landlord may not give such a notice for an illegal reason. A landlord may base a court eviction proceeding on a 30-day notice given by a tenant. However, in some kinds of housing, including some government subsidized housing programs, a landlord cannot evict a tenant with a no-cause notice.

Twrx

I've no idea what to put here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oregon is very renter friendly so an eviction is possible but improbable. This source says 30-90 days notice have to be given. Also some government subsidized apartments can’t be evicted. Either Phil really fucked up and Toren started begging right when they got the notice, or something else is up. Here’s the relevant passage:

I wouldn't be surprised if Phil had gotten a notice a two months ago and it just now hit a receptor and oh shit panic mode finally kicked in.

twattycake

kiwifarms.net
Phil's only entitled to 90 days' notice or added protections because it's subsidized housing if it's a no-cause eviction on a month-to-month lease (I think we're all assuming it's a for-cause eviction).

The site you quoted also discusses 30 day evictions a little further down:

Oregon Renters' Rights Laws said:
A landlord in a month-to-month tenancy may also give you a 30-day eviction notice for cause. The cause for the notice must be either for not living up to your rental agreement or not complying with your duties set forth in the law. The notice must tell you the reason for eviction and must say that the rental agreement will end at least 30 days after you get the notice. If you can fix the problem by making repairs, paying damages, or otherwise, your landlord’s notice must also say that you can avoid eviction by fixing the problem within 14 days. The time period to fix the problem in a manufactured dwelling facility is the full 30 days. If you do not fix the problem within the 14 days, or 30 days if you are a homeowner renting space in a facility, your landlord may file a court eviction case after the 30-day notice period has gone by. If you do deal with the problem and your landlord is satisfied, your rental agreement will not end. However, if the same problem happens again within six months of the first notice, your landlord can end the rental agreement with a 10-day written notice that clearly states the problem and date of termination. In a facility, the second notice must provide 20 days for the tenant to move out.

My interpretation is that the landlord only needs to give 30 days' notice if it's for cause, 20 days if he can show previous violations of the lease, and it's his discretion whether Phil's attempts to fix the situation are sufficient. A move-out date of June 7 makes me think Phil got his notice sometime last week and only recently came up with this explanation for why he's leaving.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Pupper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Granted I know nothing about being evicted in Portland, but I've heard horror stories from other liberal cities about the eviction process sometimes taking years due to outrageous squatters rights laws/lack of enforcement. The fact that Torren was allowed to stay when the risks outweighed any palm greasing he and Phil could have come up with, the trash that was regularly documented littering the apartment, the shit with the neighbors, the fact that Phil lit mail he got from us on fire and let it burn on the bare counter, was always mind boggling to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this eviction was put in motion within 6 months of Phil moving in and it only recently made it's way through all the proper channels to actually produce results.

Syaoran Li

Slum Lord of Pallet Town
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna throw my hat in with the other Kiwis here who are saying that this is likely the beginning of the end for Phil and he may end up dead within the next year or two.

Between the festering surgical wounds and the fact that this second homeless saga is likely going to involve Phil experiencing actual hardships associated with being homeless, he is beyond royally fucked at this point.

His Spanish groin gash is likely already infected to a severe degree due to non-existent personal hygiene and if Phil is truly going to be homeless, his wounds will only get worse and could become severely septic and kill him even before he could die of exposure.

I'm curious as to what will happen when Phil dies, at least in terms of how the Farms will react to it.

The way things are looking, he's likely going to be the first lolcow to die who has their own sub-forum (assuming old age doesn't kill Tommy Tooter first) and while we have had lolcows that died before such as Julie Terryberry and Terry A. Davis, none of them had their own entire dedicated sub-forum.

An Ghost

Covered in sheet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Granted I know nothing about being evicted in Portland, but I've heard horror stories from other liberal cities about the eviction process sometimes taking years due to outrageous squatters rights laws/lack of enforcement.
My reasoning this won’t be the case with Phil is he crumbled immediately under any authority figure telling him he broke the rules and it is time to leave.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2016 -2019. 3 years.
Remember when he first moved in, he e-begged claiming he needed stuff like cups and dishes? Then he covered a table in maps. There were a bunch of pizza boxes in the bathroom. And Toren arrived out of nowhere and made Phil sleep on the couch.

Phil has a talent for turning the mundane -- like moving -- into a phreak show.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Work calls? From Antifa.

They don't work.
They don't make calls to work.
They don't make work. Calls.
I would honestly pay for a starbucks lunch to sit with Phil and have him explain what an actual "Antifa Work Call" consists of. I feel like that would be worth a $10 investment just to watch the gerbil on it's wheel try to actually quantify something.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino