12 Year Old Girl Livestreams Her Death on Facebook Live -

Todesfurcht

Conversationalist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/polkfishwrap/news/local/police-investigate-reports-that-polk-county-girl-live-streamed-video/article_0a716340-d113-11e6-a030-2332936cb62b.html

http://www.inquisitr.com/3851590/katelyn-nichole-davis-suicide-12-year-old-allegedly-hanged-herself-live-streamed-suicide-on-facebook-live/

(Inquisitr) -
Katelyn Nichole Davis committed suicide over the weekend, and in a morbid final act, the 12-year-old girl allegedly posted live-streaming video of it on Facebook.

The Georgia girl was found outside her home on December 30 with what the Northwest Georgia News described as “self-inflicted wounds.” Paramedics tried to save the girl after she was first found just after 6 p.m., but Davis was declared dead at the Polk Medical Center’s Emergency Room.

Police are reportedly investigating the allegations that Katelyn Nichole Davis posted live video of her suicide. The Polk County Police Department had obtained a search warrant for the girl’s phone and Facebook account, as well as a third social media site, Northwest Georgia News reported.

But while police continue to investigate, a video identified as the 12-year-old’s suicide was posted across social media. An Instagram page identified as belonging to Davis also had messages about heartbreak and a note posted five days before her death that read, “Reblog in memory of those who have committed suicide.”

[If you are struggling with thoughts of suicide, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and talk with someone either online or by phone. Information on suicide hotlines outside the United States can be found here.]

Her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roses.have.wilted/
Imgur Mirror of Diary Posts: http://imgur.com/a/vmd9Q

Debrotherized Luigi

Late Night Delight
kiwifarms.net
Boy.... sure makes you long for the innocent days of Chewbacca Mom's FB livestream, doesn't it?

For serious, between this and the street rats in Chicago beating up on that autistic man, I would not be at all surprised if Facebook pulls the Livestreaming feature soon. In fact, I'm calling it now: it'll be gone before the end of 2017, if not after this, but after several more copycats like it.

Bitch I Might Be

Entropy's bottom bunk bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What compels people to live stream these kinds of things?
My guess is that she'd heard of the numerous people on 4chan who have attempted/actually did kill themselves in front of other people and thought it would be a good way to get a final bit of attention. Was she wrong though? I mean it technically worked.

As for people in general, attention and shock factor. No matter how many times it happens, I'm pretty sure it will always shock and horrify others when people kill themselves in front of each other. Suicidal people aren't thinking rationally. They're thinking "Fuck the world, I hate myself and everyone in it". So combine that with some dire need/want for attention and a selfish lack of care about not traumatizing others around you and I guess that's what you get.

edit: my original post seems callous, I feel horrible for her and it sucks that she couldn't get help but damn, livestreaming it is so selfish to your loved ones. If you're gonna off yourself, just go hang yourself in the woods or something. Don't make your family and friends watch.

Todesfurcht

Conversationalist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling she might have been in an abusive home environment, likely sexually abused. That shit can cause young children to be suicidal like that. It's pretty fucked up what happened.
I linked an imgur mirror of her online diary, her step-father attempted to molest her and she lived in an unclean environment. You can see how messy and empty the house is in her Instagram videos, so it's not sympathetic exaggeration.

Also it's safe to say the video is real, as it's quickly getting pulled down by authorities.

DirkBloodStormKing

Actual Lesbian Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I linked an imgur mirror of her online diary, her step-father attempted to molest her and she lived in an unclean environment. You can see how messy and empty the house is in her Instagram videos, so it's not sympathetic exaggeration.

Also it's safe to say the video is real, as it's quickly getting pulled down by authorities.
How the flyjng fuck did Social Services not get involved? Like, it was pretty clear that she was being abused in her home and that her scumbag step-father did not get arrested. No fucking wonder this girl killed herself.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Fucking hell, man. She was just 12 years old and her living situation was so horrible she felt the only way out was death.

I really hope the stepfather (and potentially the mother) is investigated. Even if they can't prove the molestation allegation, they can still get him on charges of child neglect.

pozilei

gnome related slander
kiwifarms.net
I watched the video earlier (yeah, I have no idea why either). In summary: the girl walks towards a tree, possibly on her families property, ties a rope to it, adjusts it a couple of times because it ended up too long I guess, says sorry several times and to a few people, finally says goodbye and ends up kicking away a bucket/box/not really visible resulting in...the obvious. Then you see her swinging from the tree for about 20 minutes while you hear some people (probably her mom and younger siblings judging by the voices) in the distance yell "Katelyn/Katie" and her phone starts ringing at some point.

It's super fucked up.

I've seen a few people on other sites claiming this was a fake. And I can see where they're coming from: She kills herself just as it's still light and then it gradually goes darker and darker until it's basically pitch-black by the very last seconds of the video making it almost cinematic. However, it looks pretty damn real.

Then there's the weird references to CreepyPasta (Ben Drowned, Slenderman) and shit in her diary. But on the other hand this is totally something a 12 year old might take seriously or get fooled by. Her instagram seems to be only 9 weeks old so who fucking knows if this is real, viral marketing for some crappy horror movie or LonleyGirl15 2.0. I probably sound like a heartless asshole speculating about this but I kinda hope it's not real because a 12 year old girl killing herself because of depression and an abusive stepdad would be fucking terrible

Michel

ELECTRIC SAMURAI FROM OTHARD
kiwifarms.net
I watched the video earlier (yeah, I have no idea why either). In summary: the girl walks towards a tree, possibly on her families property, ties a rope to it, adjusts it a couple of times because it ended up too long I guess, says sorry several times and to a few people, finally says goodbye and ends up kicking away a bucket/box/not really visible resulting in...the obvious. Then you see her swinging from the tree for about 20 minutes while you hear some people (probably her mom and younger siblings judging by the voices) in the distance yell "Katelyn/Katie" and her phone starts ringing at some point.

It's super fucked up.

I've seen a few people on other sites claiming this was a fake. And I can see where they're coming from: She kills herself just as it's still light and then it gradually goes darker and darker until it's basically pitch-black by the very last seconds of the video making it almost cinematic. However, it looks pretty damn real.

Then there's the weird references to CreepyPasta (Ben Drowned, Slenderman) and shit in her diary. But on the other hand this is totally something a 12 year old might take seriously or get fooled by. Her instagram seems to be only 9 weeks old so who fucking knows if this is real, viral marketing for some crappy horror movie or LonleyGirl15 2.0. I probably sound like a heartless asshole speculating about this but I kinda hope it's not real because a 12 year old girl killing herself because of depression and an abusive stepdad would be fucking terrible
Got a link?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino