[16-Jan-2020] DarksydePhil is filing for bankruptcy (general thread) - and has officially done so on January 31 2020, meaning a lot of his finances have become public

How much debt (not including mortgages, but including car) does Phil actually have?

• Less than $100,000

Votes: 34 5.0%
  • $100,000-$200,000

Votes: 159 23.2%
  • $200,000-$300,000

Votes: 111 16.2%
  • $300,000+

Votes: 380 55.6%

• Total voters

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm reading those 2 entries as simply having the wrong SSN on something.
Is says the means test was submitted instead of the SSNs then says document 5 is where the SSNs were submitted. She clearly just submitted a document she never had to create to begin with, which is actually a little bit telling. The means test is used to show personal expenses are so high that even a person whose income exceeds the median should be allowed to file under Chapter 7. It's almost like she prepped a second set of documents for when they blow his $5K of business expenses out of the water.

This is just a theory.

Richard Harrow

kiwifarms.net
I got to talking with someone familiar with the process and it turns out that anyone can report suspicious activity with a bankruptcy claim (like hiding accounts and assets). Not saying anyone should do this (I'm sure there's plenty of exceptional individuals out there) but I found it interesting that with properly vetted evidence anyone can "participate." He sent me this and basically told me that he suspected a few "ex relatives" attempted this but lacked sufficient evidence to impact his case.

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the EU Meme Black Market
kiwifarms.net
I got to talking with someone familiar with the process and it turns out that anyone can report suspicious activity with a bankruptcy claim (like hiding accounts and assets). Not saying anyone should do this (I'm sure there's plenty of exceptional individuals out there) but I found it interesting that with properly vetted evidence anyone can "participate." He sent me this and basically told me that he suspected a few "ex relatives" attempted this but lacked sufficient evidence to impact his case.
I can tell you with absolute zero doubt that anyone that has to do with this case was already informed by a bunch of people about everything that was wrong with Phil's papers, with links and all.

Nothing wrong with that. It's not a trolling plan, it'a not the autistic sounding poo touching. He's trying to run a scam, and we Kiwis are nothing if not good people that want to help uncle Sam.

Gotta Groom Em All

That Pancham was 18 I swear
kiwifarms.net
I can tell you with absolute zero doubt that anyone that has to do with this case was already informed by a bunch of people about everything that was wrong with Phil's papers, with links and all.

Nothing wrong with that. It's not a trolling plan, it'a not the autistic sounding poo touching. He's trying to run a scam, and we Kiwis are nothing if not good people that want to help uncle Sam.
I seriously doubt it was any of the people who post on here on the 'reg who touch the poopie. I believe there is an army of silent lurkers who get their info from the farms and do their own thing with it. Nothing we can do.

I should know, I was a perma-lurker here for quite a while, and I'm sure there are tons of people currently in that same boat.

Kermit the Frog

kiwifarms.net
My take on reporting Phil for fraud or attempting to help his creditors is that people should do what they want, but be smart about it. Please don't send some autistic email full of insults, irrelevant information or INACCURATE information. There are plenty of detractor resources out there that lay out the Phil lore and will give plenty of good stuff to report, so there's zero excuse to lie to or mislead the government or the creditors. All you're doing is wasting their time and making the case against Phil weaker.
Most of us here have very limited to no knowledge of bankruptcy proceedings or laws, so first of all thanks to everyone who does have knowledge for giving their input because it's really been helpful. If a bunch of random people here can spot all the problems with Phil's bankruptcy petition, it's safe to assume that the people who do this for a living are fully aware of them and can debunk Phil's bullshit better than we can.

Beetus Knuckles

kiwifarms.net
Check item #6. It says that 122A-1 is what used to be called the Means Test: "Chapter 7 Statement of Monthly Income 122A-1 (Formerly Chapter 7 Means Test)". Is that what you were looking for?

I think 122A-1 is the Means Test, but @AnOminous or @Beetus Knuckles can probably clarify.
From 122A-1: "The calculation to determine if a presumption of abuse applies will be made under Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation (Official Form 122A-2)."
Yes, that’s correct. Some software packages might generate both forms automatically but display a do not file watermark. I’d say this is an incorrect upload by the law office. I don’t see an attorney pulling shady behavior for Phil and endangering her livelihood.

Edit: WTF mobile keyboard

Last edited:

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
so nothing new this week on the court documents, unless something happens today, hopefully next week we get something else to meme on
I would not wait on it.

DSP isn't going to change any of the documents until a judge forces him to, and DSP isn't that important for this creditors for them to do something this far out.

I would not be surprised if there was no news until the actual court hearing.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
I think DSP might actually be fucked this time, If I was him I would have tried to at least make an effort and sell the car. Tell the judge they can repo the car but I want my wakando. DSP has gotten so lucky over the years but I think this one won't be so easy for him. His only chance is that their is so much paperwork that his documents slip through courts as some bored intern gives his documents a quick glance.

Schrödinger's Kat

kiwifarms.net
I think DSP might actually be fucked this time, If I was him I would have tried to at least make an effort and sell the car. Tell the judge they can repo the car but I want my wakando. DSP has gotten so lucky over the years but I think this one won't be so easy for him. His only chance is that their is so much paperwork that his documents slip through courts as some bored intern gives his documents a quick glance.
What Phil could have done is sell the WAKahndo and use the equity to pay off his debt. He would have received at least $130,000 from the sale. That would pay off his CT kahndo, allow him to sell that one for $60K, completely erasing that debt and the monthly payment, taxes, and HOA fees.

He's left with $90,000 to pay down his unsecured debt, which would have significantly decreased his credit card payments. He's still insolvent, but could have afforded the payments with his high income. He avoids bankruptcy and keeps his credit healthy.

Phil insists he couldn't have sold the WAKahndo because he'd have to find another place to live and didn't have the money to do it. That's bullshit. All he had to do is put a stipulation in the sale that he continues to live there after escrow is complete. I believe its called a "rent-back" or something. What happens is he rents the WAKahndo from the new owner for a period of time while he moves to a new apartment. This is not uncommon.

But Phil chose the pigroach path, hoping to squirm his way out of obligations and keep the WAKahndo and all that equity, and screwing over his creditors at the same time. What more could we expect from him?

NotreallyPutin

Ragequit
kiwifarms.net
nothing if not good people that want to help uncle Sam
It's almost like it would be some burgers civic duty or something?

I really don't see anyone coming forward with any evidence to counter anything that Dave claims. It's just the thought of Dave sweating like a pan-roasted sausage at the idea of someone getting his Ch. 7 to turn into a Ch. 13 that's hilarious. At this point, Dave is in his own grave and I'm sitting here watching the dirt get thrown in.

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
What Phil could have done is sell the WAKahndo and use the equity to pay off his debt. He would have received at least $130,000 from the sale. That would pay off his CT kahndo, allow him to sell that one for $60K, completely erasing that debt and the monthly payment, taxes, and HOA fees.

He's left with $90,000 to pay down his unsecured debt, which would have significantly decreased his credit card payments. He's still insolvent, but could have afforded the payments with his high income. He avoids bankruptcy and keeps his credit healthy.
I don't see the logic in going from a possible 800 credit score to -800 just because you want to be an idiot. But, this is why we laugh.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I don’t see an attorney pulling shady behavior for Phil andndaging hr livelihood.
I don't see a lawyer doing fucking anything that Phil hasn't explicitly paid for. A measly $1,200 does not buy any shenanigans at all.

Lots of people told him this for literally years before he went bankrupt and he just called them idiots and banned them from his chat.

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
I am sort of lazy to skim through previous pages, but are there any updates on DebtSydePhil's bankruptcy? Much appreciated lads!
Nope, still going down on the scheduled date only thing that's been updated is some firms have requested that any future documents that would be sent out be sent to them as well and we're not sure who they are representing most likely MidFirst Bank.

Tags
None