[16-Jan-2020] DarksydePhil is filing for bankruptcy (general thread) - and has officially done so on January 31 2020, meaning a lot of his finances have become public

What will happen with his case following the 341 meeting?

• Still gets Chapter 7

Votes: 126 18.1%
  • Changed to Chapter 13 and ultimately fails to make his required payments

Votes: 218 31.3%
  • Chapter 13 and successfully completed all payments

Votes: 19 2.7%
  • Complete dismissal of the bankruptcy

Votes: 334 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's something fishy going on with his tax payment plan

when you haven't fully paid, and you want to carry-over what you owe, and add it to another year of taxes, the payment plan goes into default, then you apply for a new one with the combined total

DSP has blamed the bankruptcy for "cancelling" his payment plan

yoinked from the tevin restream

Uh if you fuck the IRS even by accident its a BITCH to get them to let you have another plan. Phil better be paying up for his lawyer to sort that shit out for him.

Otherwise the IRS does the same thing those shady credit card companies do where they close your account and slap on deferred interest/penalties.

The IRS defaults to 'alright fucko, give us all the cash NOW' if you mess up.

Its not 'hard' to get back on a new payment plan, but it costs lawyer money to sort.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
Uh if you fuck the IRS even by accident its a BITCH to get them to let you have another plan. Phil better be paying up for his lawyer to sort that shit out for him.

Otherwise the IRS does the same thing those shady credit card companies do where they close your account and slap on deferred interest/penalties.

The IRS defaults to 'alright fucko, give us all the cash NOW' if you mess up.

Its not 'hard' to get back on a new payment plan, but it costs lawyer money to sort.

Note that once again, it's just one more "hurdle" to get over. Just like with the bankruptcy. And the last time he was trying to get on a payment plan. And when he used the Jasper reveal for money. And when he was begging for money to "save the house". And when he had his back state taxes.

But this time. This time is definitely the last hurdle.

idk if it's any different for a business but one year I fucked up on taxes and ended up having to file an amendment which resulted in me owing like 1200, I just called the IRS and was like hey, I cant pay this all at once, is there any way to pay over time and literally 10 minutes later I was set up on a payment plan. so maybe phil is lying or his "tax attorney" has been scamming the scammer for years.

idk if it's any different for a business but one year I fucked up on taxes and ended up having to file an amendment which resulted in me owing like 1200, I just called the IRS and was like hey, I cant pay this all at once, is there any way to pay over time and literally 10 minutes later I was set up on a payment plan. so maybe phil is lying or his "tax attorney" has been scamming the scammer for years.

considering his upcoming tax bill is $30,000+, it's probably a bit different

After Googling it appears you can absolutely use credit cards to pay your taxes but that debt is not discharged in a bankruptcy. Which is crazy to think that he’s basically just fucked from here on out because of the insurmountable tax payments on his credit cards, on TOP of needing a NEW credit card (with abysmal rates) for this tax season’s payment plan. Yeah I think he knows how fucked he is with his consistent failure to set money aside for his taxes every year like an actual mature adult.

TheGoutburglar

The only good pigroach is a salty one.
Well he doesn't need a credit card for taxes, he could very easily set aside one vestsworth a day in his bank account and then just pay directly.

Could? Technically, yes, he makes enough money that some of it could go towards taxes without begging for more.

But "could", as in, "is physically capable of actually going through with that"? No. Not even remotely. You may as well be asking him to glue feathers to his flabby grandma arms and fly across the Pacific Ocean.

Joshuan Moon

Punished Josh: A Fallen Feeder
After Googling it appears you can absolutely use credit cards to pay your taxes but that debt is not discharged in a bankruptcy. Which is crazy to think that he’s basically just fucked from here on out because of the insurmountable tax payments on his credit cards, on TOP of needing a NEW credit card (with abysmal rates) for this tax season’s payment plan. Yeah I think he knows how fucked he is with his consistent failure to set money aside for his taxes every year like an actual mature adult.

None of the creditors have claimed any od his credit card debt as being exempt due to being tax payments. Either he has since paid those off or they were too lazy to bother. I doubt interest on CC tax debt is exempt so that could have dropped off the cards long ago. The court isn't going to do the creditors jobs for them so another win for Phil. So he's only on the hook for his original payment plan plus this year's taxes in the form of a new payment plan if the IRS will give it to him (they will)

None of the creditors have claimed any od his credit card debt as being exempt due to being tax payments. Either he has since paid those off or they were too lazy to bother. I doubt interest on CC tax debt is exempt so that could have dropped off the cards long ago. The court isn't going to do the creditors jobs for them so another win for Phil. So he's only on the hook for his original payment plan plus this year's taxes in the form of a new payment plan if the IRS will give it to him (they will)
Oh I assumed the creditors weren’t going to get their interest on those tax payments. He’s still fucked though having the payments follow him around. They’re only going to get bigger, and his income is only going to drop. What Phil did by trying to pay taxes at the last minute is one of the worst financial mistakes a person can make. Power leveling but I don’t give a fuck, I am an entrepreneur and so are all of my colleagues, I’m not sure if they would laugh or cry hearing about what Phil does for his taxes every year. It is actually like he’s a child living at home and expecting to be bailed out of paying taxes. You can even tell in his rants that he feels like the only person on earth who has to pay them. Which fair enough, a lot of his audience are likely disabled and have their family take care of their finances.

Its super easy to get payment plans if you admit you fucked up/offer reasonable adjustments.

But if you ask for a payment plan, get it, then fuck up the payment plan, they make it a hassle to get the next one.

Its doable, but they're less obliging. Since Phil fucked up a payment plan for taxes he'd already got a wrist slap for not paying. He might be SOL.

He'll still likely get a plan, but its gonna cost him a few hours of stripmall lawyer time to acquire.

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
he always said he used credit cards to pay his taxes, maybe be was paying said payment plans with credit cards so when the debt got discharged and the accounts were closed the payment plan was screwed up because the payment method was no longer valid.
Still has nothing to do with the bankruptcy and more to do with his laziness of not changing it to a bank account before the bankruptcy was final. I mean........how did he pay it when he stopped using cards in October? His default would be what screwed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.