• ”&/or”

17 July 2018 - IGN walkthrough of Silent Hill 2 ft. DSPOld man yells at fog

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by Pubic Enemy #1, Jul 18, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

1. Quite a bit of discussion in the General about this so thought it was worth its own thread. A day late admittedly, but it's only fitting that a DSP thread gets made just too late to be relevant.

Already in this playthrough we have:
    • Blatantly reading a walkthrough, pausing the stream to do so
    • Mental gymnastics justifying a walkthrough because he's already beat the game once so it doesn't matter
    • Calling fans "dickheads" for asking him to play the game on hard difficulty
    • Mass banning spree in chat, including several-month sub nudnigs
    • Minor chat revolt over his banning resulting in said nudnigs being unbanned (apparently)
    • Openly sulking and "I'm not having fun" memes
    • Complaining about how many hits it takes to kill an enemy in a survival horror game
    • Whatever this shit is:
    upload_2018-7-18_13-59-47.png
    Nudnigs in chat protest against the banning of another nudnig.

• Feels  x 3
    • Like  x 2
    • Winner  x 2
    • Informative  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    Pubic Enemy #1

Pubic Enemy #1 Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email

kiwifarms.net
  2. running away is a valid thing to do in SH2
    phil doesn't need to wave his weapon at everything in a survival horror
    no wonder why he sucks
    I JUST RUN UP AND WHACK THE BAD GUY UNTIL HE DED, IF I DED, I BITCH, AND TRY AGAIN.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    ZehnBoat

ZehnBoat photorealistic horror

kiwifarms.net
  3. A little powerleveling about playing the game on Hard:
    I've played through the game on hard twice, and while I didn't find it difficult in a Dark Souls-level kind of way, it was only because I played enough times to know the layout pretty well.

Obviously, like any survival horror, you play very conservatively, running past everything you don't absolutely have to fight, almost never using your ammo outside of bosses, etc.

There was one point in the game that I wasn't able to pass on hard without looking it up though. Without going into detail, it's an obstacle that can only be dealt with if you attack and move in a very specific way. Trying to do anything else will result in death.

The other difficult point was the penultimate boss fight. Again without spoiling, it lasted almost 10 minutes and required me to use all of my ammo for a weapon that I had never actually used until that point.

I don't think Phil has any chance of getting past the first obstacle, so the game will probably end at about the halfway point of the game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    #3 Unseemly and Feral, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Unseemly and Feral

Unseemly and Feral My dreads are actually a hat

kiwifarms.net
  4. Silent Hill games in particular always have the player character be a giant pussy to try and encourage you to run away from fights and, you know, sort of make the game scary. Why is"huge fan" Phil so unaware of this?

• Feels Feels x 1
    Pubic Enemy #1

Pubic Enemy #1 Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email

kiwifarms.net
  5. So did Dave actually rEEEEstart the game on normal, or is he trying to keep it on hard?

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Problem with Phil is that when he plays survival horror games he either kills everything wasting all his ammo then bitches and complains about the lack of ammo, or tries to run past everything and burns through all his healing items then bitches and whines about the lack of healing items.

He can't seem to understand that in a big open area running past stuff works but in very cramped narrow areas killing them is the better option.

Resident Evil 0 was a great example of where he totally fucked up and was left with no ammo or healing items several times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. He still got it on hard, but you can't change the difficulty midgame. He'd have to start over completely if he wanted to put it on normal, which he won't do because it would take too much effort to reach his old place in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Unseemly and Feral

Unseemly and Feral My dreads are actually a hat

kiwifarms.net
  8. Yup, this is a rage quit. Can't switch from hard difficulty? Enemies won't die like on easy mode? Parts that are difficult to do?

It's like, the perfect storm for Mr. "I never rage quit a game" Dave to rage quit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    PomegranateKing

PomegranateKing Spooky scary pomegranates

kiwifarms.net
  9. There's no way he would restart. DSP has a very strict schedule and he has to run through every game and skip side missions and dialogue in order to complete it 'on time.'

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. I will lose my shit laughing if he fucks up the quiz show minigame and misses out of good ammo and healing items. I doubt it'll happen, though, since it's just something he can look up.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Jmboote

Jmboote "I didn't die, you just remembered it wrong."

kiwifarms.net
  11. Unless you play on Easy where in SH1 Harry becomes Action Dad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    The Shadow

The Shadow Festive Yuletide Gremlin

kiwifarms.net
  12. and watch phil pull out the "IT WASNT A RAGE QUIT IT WAS A BORED QUIT DOODS" excuse

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    ZehnBoat

kiwifarms.net
  13. Sounds like Phil would adore Homecoming. Aka "Soldier kills everything with a wink". Other than that you can't play a Silent Hill like a Dead Space.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Wurstbrot

Wurstbrot Hardcore Baking Season

kiwifarms.net
  14. I watched the first episode, but it was just so fucking bad. The textures and objects look like shit, the whole game at the same time is darker(muddy looking background, an attempt at covering up the shitty bland reskin job they gave the whole game?) and brighter(the brigtness settings are legitimately brigter than the original) than it is intended to be,and Dave's commentary is god fucking awful. He desperately wanted to fall back into his 'shitty dicks', AVGN ripped commentary style he did on his initial playthrough that he thinks "put him on the map" but he seems aware of how disgusting parts of it were(extended references to rape jokes that were "awesome"), so instead he's trying to do a family friendly AVGN or some other gay shit.

During his initial playthrough he skipped that scene because he pressed 'Start' in the middle of it, because he "wanted to see if the game would let you pause it."

He looked up the answers online.

He then died and had to redo that part. He heard the first question, responded to the first question like he was figuring out the answer in response to the question even though he just stated he already knew the answers, then he hit 'Start' again and skipped the rest of the cutscene because he wanted to check his map to confirm the answer('Start' does not open your map, Triangle does) and says "just by logic you would accidentally skip that elevator scene 'cus right there, I figured out 'ok, I gotta look it up on my map' right?"

He's mentally disabled.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #14 Prince Lotor, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Prince Lotor

Prince Lotor Holidays with the Harem

kiwifarms.net
  15. Sucking at a videogame > looking everything up and still being bad at a videogame.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. The HD version was super fucked. Not as bad as Silent Hill 3, but you could tell it was bad. The art director/creature designer for the game was shown the opening to the game (the outside of the bathroom, where James parks his car), and his reactions to it were essentially "This is HD? Very poor..." and "So poor. Too dark. Poor-looking mist. Road too clean and pure. It's terrible, so much."

And this is all because they lost the source code for the release version of the game and had to use a pre-release version as the basis of the HD version, and some other issues related to them not being able to replicate the fog in the same way.

If Phil was smart, he'd look up some of this shit to have something relevant to talk about, and be able to shit talk people who actually deserve it instead of dumping on his fans.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Jmboote

Jmboote "I didn't die, you just remembered it wrong."

kiwifarms.net
  17. the sentence can end right there fam

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    ZehnBoat

kiwifarms.net
  18. I would like to add to the list in the OP how drastic his mood changed when he encountered difficulty.

I saw him near the beginning where the protagonist is jogging down empty roads. Phil was singing silly songs, laughing about what Pyramid's dick must be like etc.

And then banning and threatening more banning.

• Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Imagine phil playing god hand, how long would he last?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    the autist of dojima

the autist of dojima JUDGEMENT.HAS COME.TO YOU

kiwifarms.net
  20. Ugh, I found myself wondering what he did or didn't do during this playthrough of "one of his favorite survival horror games of all time" and holy shit he literally remembers nothing about the game. He gets to the graveyard and when Angela pops up he says, "Who is that, Mary? Mary Mary quite contrary?" Oh, it's ok. A few minutes later he openly admitted he remembers almost nothing of this game. I'm cataloging his stupidity as a distraction so I don't lose more of my sanity watching this. It's for me, if you enjoy it all the better.
    • He keeps saying there was "No fog" in his original playthrough and now there's a fuckton of fog because "they added it." No Dave, your old playthrough had almost the exact same amount of fog, they just added a few glitchy incredibly shitty looking wisps in the patch. XB360 SH2HD is apparently a "fogless game" according to Dave.
    • He's literally doing the exact same things and saying the exact same things as his first playthrough. After seeing the first monster he tries to go into a house and makes the exact same complaint about a tree that blocks the camera. He also made the exact same joke about the monster looking like it needed to take a shit. The monster also isn't supposed to be visible, it's supposed to be covered by particle fog effects; it's not covered because they fucked up the fog in this port.
    • He didn't look at an instruction manual to figure out what the buttons do this time either. He's at the first monster spurging about how he doesn't know how to attack. Someone threw a quarter at him to explain that the overhead smash is a stronger attack and how to do it, something he never figured out in his first playthrough.
    • He does not remember the cockroach monsters in this game at all.
    • Another thing fucked up about this port: There is a 2 second blackscreen transition every time you exit your inventory and map screens or go through a door. The game begins as soon as you exit but for 2 seconds you are not able to see. I predict this will fuck him over quite a bit because you have to use health items from your inventory if you need one mid-battle.
    • He is claiming the game is much harder now due to the fog :|
    • He keeps whining about how dark the game is. That's because you're playing the shitty port, Dave. The original is dark but objects are better defined because they have textured graphics that were done by Team Silent, not some remastering company working off the beta build.
    • JFC he ran up to the 3rd floor of Apartments first because he's scared of the enemies on the 2nd floor and, exactly like his first playthrough, he is bitching about not being able to pickup the handgun in the shopping cart because you need to get the flashlight on the 2nd floor first before James can 'see' it to be able to pick the gun up.
    • I'm at the part where he has to fight 4 enemies, 1 at a time, in an apartment and throws a piss-baby fit. He keeps standing still mashing light attack. He never learned the 'stomp on downed enemies to kill them' mechanic, and still doesn't know how to fucking do it. He keeps overhead smashing downed enemies to finish them. He keeps saying enenies take "20 fucking hits to kill", no Dave, they take 4 to 6 hits to down and then you are supposed to deliver the coup de gras stomp to kill them. They only take that many hits if you are bad at games and don't know what you are doing.
    • He really called everyone who asked him to play on hard a 'complete asshole'. It's called survival horror, Dave. SURVIVAL horror.
    • Some massive faggot named KupoMog threw him a quarter to tell him to turn off the flashlight because monsters are attracted by it. Something else he never figured out in his first playthrough.
    • He really said, "Well, considering I have no health or healing items I guess I should save. 'Cus if I die now it's gonna be fucked." I'm not even trying to be funny, he's seriously mentally disabled. He's chosing to save his game a few hits from death with no way to heal instead of starting from his save when he just got to Apartments where he had all his health and healing items and trying to do better.
    • Another massive faggot threw him a quarter to tell him to turn off the flashlight so the monsters won't see you. Dave says, "That's wrong, 'cus I did do that before and they still saw me because this is Hard difficulty not Norrmal." The reason the monster saw him is because they were both under a hall light, just like how when he was under a hall light he was able to look at his map with his flashlight turned off and when he wasn't under the hall light the game told him, 'It is too dark to SEE your map.' He then turns the flashlight off to run past monsters in the hall, and waits until he's under a hall light to try to read his map. He continues to turn his flashlight off to avoid monsters after this point. . .for some reason.
    • He just figured out for the very first time the Circle button turns the flashlight On and Off outside of the menu. He never pressed the Circle button outside a menu during his first playthrough after getting the flashlight apparently. Oh wait, he didn't figure it out, some faggot in streamchat told him.
    • JFC He still never figured out the 'Henry, Mildred, Scott' riddle exactly like his first playthrough. He figures out 'Scott' is the second hand right away both times, but he has never figured out 'Henry'=Hour hand and 'Mildred'=Minute hand. He just brute forced his way through it by spinning the hands until he hits the answer which locks it in place.
    • Dave is still super excited by the Pyramid Head raping the Leg Mannequin monsters scene. He also placed an ad directly in the middle of the part where Pyramid Head is attacking James in the closet right before James starts shooting. High School Valedictorian with a Business degree, my friends. He says, "Pyramid Head just wanted to get laid."
    • He fired his gun by holding R2 and pressing X while trying to push Circle to turn his flashlight on. He is blaming the game for this and calling the game 'stupid'. He goes on to waste 9 more bullets to shoot 2 downed enemies. Bullets to down 2 enemies: 8, bullets wasted by not using the stomp mechanic to kill them after they are downed: 9.
    • Streamchat is now telling him about the stomp mechanic. Dave responds, "I have no idea how. Earlier on I had the melee weapon out, and he never kicked it when they were down at all. He never kicked." With any weapon equipped you walk next to a downed enemy and, without holding R2 down, press X. This way you don't fire bullets at a downed enemy that you want to deliver a stomp to. Streamchat you got some 'splaining to do if you want this gibbering moron to understand. Streamchat then says, 'Approach them and press X, just X.' We'll see how long this fucking takes.
    • Phil picks up the 'Canned Juice' item, glances at streamchat half-a-dozen times, says he doesn't know what to do now. Says he knows he needs to find an item to put in the garbage chute to progress but that he hasn't found anything yet. Glances at streamchat half-a-dozen more times. He thinks something may have changed now(like a sequence trigger occurred, but Dave doesn't know the industry term 'sequence trigger'. He doesn't have time to learn gamer terms, he's a gamer). Says he 'literally doesn't know what to do now. I don't know where else to go. I mean we saw the thing in the chute but I didn't get any item or anything, right? In order to do anything with it.' Later, 'The only thing I know I have to do, and I haven't done, is that garbage chute; and I don't know how to make that happen. Don't you need something long to poke it with(sees 'Canned Juice' in inventory) Oh wait, what's this?‽ Maybe you use the juice. Maybe you use that to push the garbage. Alright, lets go back.' After putting the item in the garbage chute, "This game is very cryptic in that way with some of these puzzles, man. Bizarre shit."
    • Dave is upset monsters can notice and attack you when right next to you. "I got hit in the loading screen!" No Dave, you got hit in the unoptimized 2 second blackscreen that exists in this shitty fucking port. Play the original. He reiterates, 'See, on Hard difficulty they see you anyway. Even with the light off they still fucking see you.'
    • He does not remember the Eddie puking in a toilet scene at all.
    • Dave doesn't know what to do now, he's waiting for streamchat to tell him. Chat tells him about a room he hasn't been to, he goes there, the door is nonexistent. He hates it when games are so cryptic like this. Says he might look it up. Dave points out another room that's door is nonexistent, demonstrating he can read the map. Keeps waiting for streamchat to tell him. Streamchat tells him there's a puzzle in Room 105 to which Dave says, 'You're full of shit! That room is locked and there's no way to get in there.'(He later walks into a Room 105 in a separate building, the puzzle IS in there) Dave then cries that every person in chat is telling him something different. Chat tells him to go to Room 209, Dave doesn't believe them but goes there. Now everyone telling him things are dicks, so he's just going to look it up. Looks up a guide on his phone and spends 3½ minutes reading it, then skips over the 'Game Basics' section(this was actually the funniest part of him using a guide to me because the part that describes the basics is what he needed the most help with), spergs out because the guide is listing an inventory of all weapons and their uses, announces he needs the 'Fire Escape Key', claims he would have found it if the game wasn't on Hard, reads the guide for another 1½ minutes to find out he never picked up the key the game showed him in a fucking cutscene. Sooo fucking cryptic dood.
    • He gets to the Fire Escape door, tries to open it twice getting the 'It's locked' prompt, doesn't notice he turned James so he's not facing the door because he has the flashlight turned off, tries to use the key twice and says 'I guess that's not the Fire Escape, I thought it was!', reads the guide outloud and says 'Blue door. What blue door?‽', turns on his flashlight to notice it is a blue door, hits X and James uses the Fire Escape Key. Dave spergs the fuck out. I don't think he's capable of figuring out how light works in this game.
    • Sees a memo '16 >> 09 << 04 >> 16' and says "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" Sees the safe and starts trying the combination saying 'Oh! Okay, we got 16, LEFT to 09, then RIGHT to 04, then LEFT to 16. . .I really didn't read that very well did I? I'm going to go back and read it again.' Goes back to chek the memo and says, 'Okay. 16, RIGHT to 09, LEFT to 04, RIGHT to 16. Okay. So LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT.' (I'm not at all kidding. With what we know about his grandiose compulsive lying, if he was claiming to be valedictorian it's very likely he is actually a mong and was in the sped's class) Goes back to the safe and says '16, LEFT to 09, RIGHT to 04, LEFT to 16.' It doesn't work(because LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT is the wrong answer) and he screams 'GODDAMNIT!' Then after autistically shouting the number sequence he starts it up again, '16, (he turns the dial RIGHT) 09, (he turns the dial LEFT) 04, (he turns the dial RIGHT) 16'. Clink, it opens, 'Alright, it was the other way around.' Another brute forced puzzle. . .was only really a puzzle because he's an idiot.
    • He walks out the door, puts 4 bullets in an enemy, walks up to it downed and presses X(just X) and stomps it. Puts 4 more bullets in the other enemy to down it walks up to it and presses X(just X) and stomps it. Raises his eyebrows at the camera and say, 'Okay, that's easy!!!' Was it Dave?‽ Was it really?‽ "You shoot them 4 times, kick 'em in the fucking head and they're done!" You played the whole game already and didn't figure this out!
    • Aww, lookit the big boy who's not afraid of enemies anymore :lol: Oh wait, he still doesn't remember what the cockroachs are. He never learned how to deal with them the first time either. "There's like a bug on the floor, I don't know how to avoid it either. It's weird." He keeps wasting all his bullets on enemies he could easily sneak up on and melee.
    • He keeps mentioning the endings guide he read prior to the playthrough. He knows the items and actions that effect the endings and states what they are, but then says he doesn't know what they do. I'm pretty sure he means he has no idea what actions and items are related and which ending they will make you get. It's really just more annoying than anything else watching him agonize over whether he should do the thing that effects the ending when he has no fucking idea what ending to work towards.
    • And Pyramid Head fucking merc'ed him in the first boss style encounter. He emptied 40 bullets into Pyramid Head. Bullets do nothing to Pyramid Head in this encounter. All you have to do is wait and dodge his attacks for a certain length of time determined by the difficulty setting. Ironically the way he first ran from Pyramid Head, Pyramid Head got trapped on the stairs and couldn't move. If Dave had stood still when he realized Pyramid Head was trapped he would have won. Instead Dave got all antsy in his pantsy that he couldn't taget Pyramid Head and ran around until he could, this allowed Pyramid Head to get unstuck. Dave thinks maybe he's supposed to club him or stab him with the suicidal girl's knife. He decides to try to beat him to death with the club. . .and dies immediately. Says he doesn't know what to do against him, thinks maybe keep dodging? Tries it, dies again. Chat tells him if you don't shoot him it takes longer(This is untrue, the funny thing is on his first playthrough he kept spamming bullets and had none left after the encounter, he bitched about this a lot saying the game 'takes all your bullets'). Dave again puts 40 bullets into Pyramid Head while dodging, this time he makes it to the time limit and says, 'AHA! I knew it was working, when I would shoot him he would slow down a little, you could tell.' Dave thinks he won because he put 40 bullets in him, it didn't work the first time but of course that has to be the answer. So he still doesn't consciously know how to win this encounter.
    • Leaves the apartments and says, "The fog is back! I do like the game with fog better, I do. I admit it was kind of weird that it had no fog in the original HD when I played it. The HD collection in 2012. Much better with the fog." You absolute fucking MONG, it has the exact same fog in both versions; except PS3 had a patch that added 2 shitty wisps that occasionally zip around looking shitty. "The fog is cool. I really, really like that they added fog." If you like it so much, Dave, you should try the PS2 or PC version. "UGH, so much fog I can barely see!"
    That's up to Episode 16. Any time I see this dude for more than 5 minutes it becomes extremely apparent that he is actually mentally disabled. I think this might be why he never socializes and chooses the people he will interact with IRL very carefully, so he hever has to confront what an exceptional sped he is.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #20 Prince Lotor, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Prince Lotor

Prince Lotor Holidays with the Harem

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.