[19+20+21-Jul-2019] Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Subscribe for these awesome emotes

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's playing this for the next three "mainstreams", so there may as well be a thread 🤓

1563566261276.png
(source = https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/1152091181183954945)

MAU3 was one of the most recent additions to be dumped onto Phil's newly setup Amazon Wishlist.

Yep. Ever since I heard him slip it in over the weekend I watched his stream more and more. He would mention how hes doing a coop play through when it comes out (won't say who with) and how he has these cool new emotes but he would also slip in mentions about still needing help getting the game and he even brought up I believe 2 $10 credits sent to him over the last few days directly for the game.

Wish list begging is gonna be insane once "the hardcore gaming season" starts.
With the game awaiting purchase by his fans, Phil had altered many of his emotes altered to reference it

That's a good point actually and I didn't think about it. He already was front-loading emotes before he even had the game. He absolutely knew was going to get it either way.

1563566609376.png

Get on the hype train!

Watched about 15 min of this Ultimate Alliance 3 play through.... this is gonna be a rough one and his chat hates the game already.

He can't even figure out basic tutorial stuff.
"This shocks me."
After weeks of hyping up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, begging people to buy it for him and having tons of custom emotes made, he's currently shouting at the TV, complaining about how bad the co-op part of the game is and calling the devs idiots.

LostMy1stAccount

kiwifarms.net
So correct me if I'm wrong but watching this stream, this game reminds me a lot of the Lego-games only without the charm.
The "plot" and dialog seems to be written with children as the main audience in mind.

No wonder, that Phil genuinely seems to enjoy the story.

Also, the "co-op" does absolutely nothing to add to the experience.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
One of DSP's co-op partners:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 chrisb1302 co-op Switch.PNG

He's present in the Twitch chat, and the poor guy has been trying for hours to get DSP to answer a simple, game related(!) question:

1st attempt
Marvel Ultimate Allicance 3 chrisb13020000 ignored chats 1.png

2nd attempt (now directed at DSP)
Marvel Ultimate Allicance 3 chrisb13020000 ignored chats 2.png

3rd attempt
Marvel Ultimate Allicance 3 chrisb13020000 ignored chats 3.png

4th attempt
Marvel Ultimate Allicance 3 chrisb13020000 ignored chats 4.png

Almost 3 hours of unsuccessfully trying to get some kind of reaction out of The Grandmaster of Interaction.
dspPepe3_quartersize.png
<Feelsbadman

-------------

Also, here's a bonus clip of DSP lashing out at chat because 90% of the viewers are bored as fuck (and rightfully so), basically talking about all kinds of other stuff among themselves. Important to know: because hardly anyone has been cheering, DSP's interaction with his chat has been down to a minimum. And with 'interaction' I mean the original, actual meaning of the word, not DSP's mental gymnastics version.

Imagine playing a co-op game with DSP, trying to get simple question answered for 3 hours and then hear him yell about how he's purposely ignoring parts of the chat.

Best. Streamer. Ever.

-edit- On an unrelated note: DSP really gets childishly excited for these superhero/comic/Marvel games. He's genuinely enjoying himself, for some reason. I guess it's due to boomer nostalgia, because he has been referring to the 90's and the older games/playthroughs in the series multiple times.

-edit2- Lol, he even did a genuine (and very autistic looking) T-pose when he was ending the schtreem. Haven't seen those a lot in the past few months.

Last edited:

Wurstbrot

I'm not a whiny baby
kiwifarms.net
Points out the obvious.
Sings to X-Men music.
Says nothing of interest.
Faps to his knowledge of old costumes.
Points out more obvious.
Adds nothing of interest.
Goat-laughs about stuff which isn't even remotely funny, there was no joke.
Oh, and he just repeats and points at the obvious.
Faps more to his Marvel knowledge.

Also this:

What can I say?
I'm a fan.

Take a shower, asshole. You are disgusting.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Curious to any comic fans out there: does it appear to you as though any of the factoids Phil's presented have been garnered via reading comics, or is it clear he's just drawing on MCU/FOX Kids fandom?

DankSydePhil

Shout out LSB, DarkDave, Tevin, and Soma
kiwifarms.net
Theres only 10 chapter's in the game, within one stream Phil is now on chapter 6 meaning by next week this game will will be Thanos snapped into dust forever forgotten as well as the shitty new emotes that came with it. Also added todays tips, which where horrible 65 dollars during the begging presteam but only 8 dollars while actually playing the game. The game is already 10 bucks off its original price on amazon, Great triple A title Phil. You know how to pick em. The chat was having a field day bashing this rushed out cash grab of a game. Lame one liners, and gameplay design for children. Wasp using a fidget spinner as a move was humorous knowing 95% of your chat owns one still.

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the EU Meme Black Market
kiwifarms.net
Curious to any comic fans out there: does it appear to you as though any of the factoids Phil's presented have been garnered via reading comics, or is it clear he's just drawing on MCU/FOX Kids fandom?
I don't know much but I tuned in and he got some characters. At Falcon he said "That's the classic Falcon!" and I had to tune out because I knew what it would turn into.

This is classic Falcon:
ceab93673d00c930a1d9d449acb20f79.jpg

This is MUA3 Falcon:
falcon-marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-uhdpaper.com-8K-40.jpg

I only got 10 seconds of his stream and had enough.
I'll take a guess and say he's talking out of his ass, which is all he usually does.

Edit:
When Iron Man, Cap, Thor and the MCU Avengers showed up he seemed shocked to see Wolverine, who was also an Avenger at one point. Next to him was Scarlett Witch who is currently an Avenger in the MCU. That somewhat tells me he takes his know how from the MCU.

Last edited:

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I think it's funny he decided he wanted to go through the game with ONLY coop. The game has a mechanic where you can sync up your special abilities and I watched for about 15 minutes and didn't see him try it a single time. It's another typical team oriented game, especially with other people, where Phil refuses to be a team player.

JimiHendrix

kiwifarms.net
He doesn't know much of anything about comics, be it DC or Marvel, he likes to claim he read comics and knows all about it, but he does that with literally every franchise, just look at DBZ.

I watched the stream and at one point Scarlet Witch, after beating a boss states "Three words, No. More. Villains." This is a reference to an event in the comics where Scarlet Witch got upset and stated "No more mutants" and wiped out pretty much all mutants from reality. Phil did not catch this. But he likes to claim superficial shit like "It's all their original designs". When they're mostly just designs from the cartoon/characters with designs that don't change much, such as Juggernaut and Wolverine.

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
I think it's funny he decided he wanted to go through the game with ONLY coop. The game has a mechanic where you can sync up your special abilities and I watched for about 15 minutes and didn't see him try it a single time. It's another typical team oriented game, especially with other people, where Phil refuses to be a team player.
The worst part is that the people playing with him have to do their first run of the game synced to his schedule and his 20 minute breaks, with his stream running in the background so they're getting double cutscene audio. They're ruining the game they bought and probably helped Phil pay for, and they're also making the stream more boring than usual. It's dumb on every possible level.

Proper Pangolin

kiwifarms.net
When Phil talks about comics he just tries to bullshit about more popular story lines from one of the 90's TV shows like X-men. The UA games have a ton of references to different media formats, story lines, teams, and events. Phil tries to talk shop but every time he just ends up talking out of his ass. The only knowledge he has of any comic book is what he saw in the 90's, played in a game or saw in a movie. It is embarrassing.

• Informative
Reactions: Pargon

OneDaySon

kiwifarms.net
People only liked the other Marvel Ultimate Alliance playthroughs because John Rambo was in it. I mean, you can replace 'Marvel Ultimate Alliance' with any co-op playthrough that they did. There's a reason why the most popular stuff DSP did was the Rambo stuff, because he carried it and DSP ended up thinking it was due to him and not Rambo. Also every time DSP plays a game that he used to play with Rambo like Borderlands or this etc. He always liked the Rambo playthrough better which again, shows Rambo was the most enjoyable aspect of it. Take away the most enjoyable aspect and you get shittiness.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino