195 - If you see this thread, you must post in it.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you can charge someone for planning to commit a crime then it means that they are unable to look over their plan and realize that they should just not commit the crime

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Notifications are pulling me back into this thread and it is a quality thread so I don't want to unwatch it

I still allow for involuntary psychiatric commitment which is not done by the criminal justice system and thus allows the institutionalization of an extremely unstable potentially violent individual but they are not liable for criminal charges unless they actually commited a crime

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If you can charge someone for planning to commit a crime then it means that they are unable to look over their plan and realize that they should just not commit the crime
Except that's wrong. The law of conspiracy contains the concept of a locus poenitentiae, a time and place before which the mere plan to commit a crime with others constitutes a prosecutable conspiracy or attempt. This time and place is before any overt act is committed in furtherance of the conspiracy. After that, the crime is in motion.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Except that's wrong. The law of conspiracy contains the concept of a locus poenitentiae, a time and place before which the mere plan to commit a crime with others constitutes a prosecutable conspiracy or attempt. This time and place is before any overt act is committed in furtherance of the conspiracy. After that, the crime is in motion.
Would it be chargeable when the participants are still able to realistically decide not to go through with it

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Would it be chargeable when the participants are still able to realistically decide not to go through with it
That's before the overt act. Without that, the incentive never to engage in a conspiracy is seriously weakened. To pull out of a conspiracy at that point requires concrete acts that demonstrate withdrawal from the conspiracy.

Handsome Pete

If you need me, I'm probably in Movie Night
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, I got to the end of this thread, and the posts just above me didn't really give me a lot to react to. So to keep this grisly fate from befalling another, I'll provide a writing prompt.

Prompt: How do you feel about BIG, BLACK DICK?

Good luck, next poster!

Jaimas

Turned a Haro Into a Fighting Machine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Engraved on the wall is a finely-designed image of a kiwi and kiwis and kiwis and kiwis and kiwis and kiwis and kiwis. The kiwi is surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwi is surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwi is surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are surrounded by the kiwis. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwis are screaming. The kiwi is laughing.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's before the overt act. Without that, the incentive never to engage in a conspiracy is seriously weakened. To pull out of a conspiracy at that point requires concrete acts that demonstrate withdrawal from the conspiracy.
And if someone engages in concrete acts to withdraw are they no longer chargeable

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino