2-5-20: Rebel Media's Bexte and Menzies Sue Yaniv -

oKTrooner

In Soviet Canuckistan, tranny punch you.
kiwifarms.net
That was dumb. If they come off as being motivated more by personal animus or anti-trans sentiment than by the injuries they suffered, it may make it harder for them to prevail. They should ask JY how well his own racism worked out for him at the BCHRT.

JY hasn't legally changed his name, so they are referring to him correctly. In fact, by adding the AKA they're signaling their intent to call him by his colloquial name whilst the legal action commences.

"Dead naming" may be a thing on twitter, but in legal proceedings it is ones legal name that prevails, though parties are free to use an adopted name if agreed upon. But, as far as the state is concern, his name is Jonathan Yaniv

Mia Zapata's Ghost

kiwifarms.net
JY hasn't legally changed his name, so they are referring to him correctly. In fact, by adding the AKA they're signaling their intent to call him by his colloquial name whilst the legal action commences.

"Dead naming" may be a thing on twitter, but in legal proceedings it is ones legal name that prevails, though parties are free to use an adopted name if agreed upon. But, as far as the state is concern, his name is Jonathan Yaniv
He has changed it tho. It's everywhere on the forum. His legal name is now Jessica Jonathan Yaniv.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That was dumb. If they come off as being motivated more by personal animus or anti-trans sentiment than by the injuries they suffered, it may make it harder for them to prevail. They should ask JY how well his own racism worked out for him at the BCHRT.

If it's a fundraising tactic more than anything else, playing to the base by rejecting Yaniv's pretenses is on target.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@oKTrooner , he HAS legally changed his name.

This is true. They're setting themselves up for a claim of deliberate misgendering and giving JY a chance to cry martyr at the hate-motivated attack on him etc. etc.

We all know he's a man and it's a sham, but if there is one thing that has even the slightest chance of getting sympathy and maybe support from a few of the LBTQWWFBBQ crowd that had previously disavowed him, it's a deliberate misgendering in a public forum or medium.

Zodiax

Probably a government plant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyways, while Yaniv is a piece of shit, and the dude should get something, I think they're padding that 35k figure. Ezra is a piece of shit of a different stripe.
In Canadian civil actions, the general rule of thumb is "ask for as much as you can for as many reasons as you can, because you'll never get it all. " The judge will always lower it. Especially in this case due to the Rebel Media's IRL trolling method of "journalism." They'll likely rule against Yaniv, but reduce the awarded damages because of contributory negligence of the reporter.

NerbertHobgobbler

kiwifarms.net
In Canadian civil actions, the general rule of thumb is "ask for as much as you can for as many reasons as you can, because you'll never get it all. " The judge will always lower it. Especially in this case due to the Rebel Media's IRL trolling method of "journalism." They'll likely rule against Yaniv, but reduce the awarded damages because of contributory negligence of the reporter.
I disagree. Rebel reporters are only asking questions that are based on things that Yaniv has done in public view. It isn't their fault that Yaniv is a disgusting piece of shit who does disgusting things.

Zodiax

Probably a government plant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. Rebel reporters are only asking questions that are based on things that Yaniv has done in public view. It isn't their fault that Yaniv is a disgusting piece of shit who does disgusting things.

Yaniv has a history of lashing out at those who try to interview him. Swinging his cane, blocking cars, screaming, and all sorts of hysterics.

A reasonable person would know that he'd act out. It'd be enough for a small claims court judge to say "you've seen how he acts, you should have known he could act out. " and rule contributory negligence to reduce a payout.
It's not that they're asking unreasonable questions, but they should have known that Yaniv would throw a troon tard tantrum.

NerbertHobgobbler

kiwifarms.net
Yaniv has a history of lashing out at those who try to interview him. Swinging his cane, blocking cars, screaming, and all sorts of hysterics.

A reasonable person would know that he'd act out. It'd be enough for a small claims court judge to say "you've seen how he acts, you should have known he could act out. " and rule contributory negligence to reduce a payout.
It's not that they're asking unreasonable questions, but they should have known that Yaniv would throw a troon tard tantrum.
I still disagree. The right of a Free Press and all that jazz. Sheila showed up with a security detail for the last report, showing that they are taking reasonable precautions from hence forth.

Also - I think Keean had a reasonable expectation of safety when on Provincial Court property, despite Yaniv attacking Menzies before.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

kiwifarms.net
It's not like Yaniv'll ever pay it anyway. How long ago was he supposed to pay the six thousand?

C4605

kiwifarms.net
The courts have the power to garnish any legal earnings the Tardtwat makes to enforce the judgement. I don't believe the BCHRT has those powers.
The tribunal award was registered in the BC Supreme Court registry, so it has the same force and effect of a BCSC judgment. All of the usual remedies of judgment creditors are available, including garnishment.

They'll likely rule against Yaniv, but reduce the awarded damages because of contributory negligence of the reporter.

The action is in battery and assault. These are intentional torts and contributory negligence is not a defence. Yaniv could try a defence of self-defence (lol) or provocation (he won’t meet the legal test unless the judge is utterly credulous).

pr3nt177

"I'm a hardcore girl"
kiwifarms.net

That's like saying parents should keep their kids inside 24/7/365 because the local paedo can't control themselves.

I get tired of hearing how people should pussyfoot around low lifes. yaniv's the problem and as such should be held accountable for his own actions. If he can't control himself then perhaps he shouldn't be allowed to walk freely amongst others.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@oKTrooner , he HAS legally changed his name.

This is true. They're setting themselves up for a claim of deliberate misgendering and giving JY a chance to cry martyr at the hate-motivated attack on him etc. etc.

We all know he's a man and it's a sham, but if there is one thing that has even the slightest chance of getting sympathy and maybe support from a few of the LBTQWWFBBQ crowd that had previously disavowed him, it's a deliberate misgendering in a public forum or medium.

Words mean more than actions in shit world.

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
That's like saying parents should keep their kids inside 24/7/365 because the local paedo can't control themselves.

I get tired of hearing how people should pussyfoot around low lifes. yaniv's the problem and as such should be held accountable for his own actions. If he can't control himself then perhaps he shouldn't be allowed to walk freely amongst others.
Totally agree. If someone had given him a proper shit-kicking when he started repeatedly crossing the creep line he might not be such a fucking degenerate today. He was never made to regulate his behaviour.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Totally agree. If someone had given him a proper shit-kicking when he started repeatedly crossing the creep line he might not be such a fucking degenerate today. He was never made to regulate his behaviour.

He says something like that happened, though. He was a Kwantlen student changing his pad in a college men's washroom when a young man he knew from secondary school entered, spied at Yaniv through the gap between the stall door and wall panel, forced open the stall door, and attacked Yaniv. He was joined by another student Yaniv knew from secondary school, and the attackers "did things" to Yaniv's groin.

I guess we should fault them for not doing enough things.

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
He says something like that happened, though. He was a Kwantlen student changing his pad in a college men's washroom when a young man he knew from secondary school entered, spied at Yaniv through the gap between the stall door and wall panel, forced open the stall door, and attacked Yaniv. He was joined by another student Yaniv knew from secondary school, and the attackers "did things" to Yaniv's groin.

I guess we should fault them for not doing enough things.
I heard that story and found it completely unbelievable immediately. It is a fucking fantasy. Just like Amy Hamm 'viciously sexually assaulting' him is a fantasy. These are things that happened only in his own depraved mind. A good shit kicking means you have to show up at school with a black eye for a week to be reminded of what you did wrong. Not run around screaming that you are a victim because the cool boys touched your balls. He just wants people to touch his genitals so badly he will lie, cheat and sue about it.

pr3nt177

"I'm a hardcore girl"
kiwifarms.net
I'm talking about legally and medically though.

If his behaviour is down to MH problems then they should be addressed, hell they should have been addressed a long while back - the responsibility of which has been and still lies with his mother. All I see is her condoning and enabling his shit.

Legally I hope the real courts sort him out. Hopefully his BCHRT scamming days are over.

But yeah as much as I'm surprised he hasn't been face licked before now I'd rather it didn't go down that route as that would just intensify his martyr/persecuted complex. At the moment he has very few supporters, a thrashing would bring the whiners out of the wooodwork and his victim status would rise.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
His lack of finances will prove problematic when it comes time to collect, but he's still likely fucked in terms of having a judgement entered against him. I don't know how bankruptcy works in Maple land, but in the US it generally doesn't discharge tort judgements involving malicious injury.

Bottom line is that the disgusting fuck ought to be feeling more and more uncomfortable every day. As he should.
Just imagine the fun that could be had, though, if they have an outstanding judgement to harass him about not paying.