2014-09-25 Jay gets a job? -

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
The most outrageous service I know of is "installing" console games. Console games! Whoever came up with that is a true evil villain. Or something.
That's more of a "just put this sticker on the box" kind of thing. I've seen the same thing for flash drives. Nobody in their right mind would actually do this.

But then these are the people that would open new laptops. "Optimize" them and then charge you for doing so even if you didn't want it. A buddy of mine wanted a laptop and they would only sell him one that was "optimized". He walked.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He doesn't actually have the job. During the stream he said he hadn't heard from them in two days and was still waiting for them to contact him. I really don't know what was said but it appears he hasn't heard the words "You're hired" yet. If I'm able to be there for the stream today I'll try to get more info on what they actually told him. I'm curious if this is more GK's ego or him misreading a few words of encouragement. This isn't to say he won't get the job but he sure as hell doesn't have it in an official capacity yet.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
He doesn't actually have the job. During the stream he said he hadn't heard from them in two days and was still waiting for them to contact him. I really don't know what was said but it appears he hasn't heard the words "You're hired" yet. If I'm able to be there for the stream today I'll try to get more info on what they actually told him. I'm curious if this is more GK's ego or him misreading a few words of encouragement. This isn't to say he won't get the job but he sure as hell doesn't have it in an official capacity yet.
Probably his ego, because seriously, who wouldn't want to hire him?

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Optimus Prime

kiwifarms.net
This is just speculation, but it's possible they told him that he didn't get the job, but his resume would stay in their system in case another position opened up.
I'm of the same opinion. If GK hasn't had an in-person interview yet, then no way he's got a job working as a techie again. Given how vain he is, no doubt his resume included the short time at his previous employer, which if contacted almost certainly would not recommend GK for any position.

And of course our work online with the wiki and preserving his own comments that show who he really is would be only too easy to google up. Personally, I don't know of any tech support service that would hire a guy who thinks a processor nearly a decade old can ever be juiced up enough to compete with a modern day mid-range processor and work with graphics his motherboard's video card was never designed for.

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
http://the-golden-knight.deviantart.com/journal/Weekend-Show-end-of-September-484750017

Yeah, I'm confused because in his journal update he says he just got a confirmation email before the stream but during the stream he said he hadn't heard from them in two days and was getting worried. I guess he's waiting for an actual voice to tell him he's hired. Curious what the email said exactly.
He could have meant a literal confirmation email. "Thanks for emailing Best Buy! Someone may be contacting you about one of our great positions!"

Ryker

Broken, dissolute, misanthropic scum...but lovely!
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe that he got a job as an advanced repair agent.

Here are the requirements from the advertisement offered by Best Buy: "Basic Requirements: 3-6 months experience in customer service 1+ years experience diagnosing or repairing PCs or consumer electronicsPreferred Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent Associate degree in PC repair/Networking 1+ years retail or customer service experience A+ certification or equivalent" (SOURCE: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/22462712?trk=jserp_job_details_text )

Does he actually meet the requirements?

• Informative
Reactions: Kitlen

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Here are the requirements from the advertisement offered by Best Buy: "Basic Requirements: 3-6 months experience in customer service 1+ years experience diagnosing or repairing PCs or consumer electronicsPreferred Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent Associate degree in PC repair/Networking 1+ years retail or customer service experience A+ certification or equivalent" (SOURCE: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/22462712?trk=jserp_job_details_text )

Ten to one says he got in under the same program that allows special and alternative ed students in. If such is the case, he'll be doing less advanced work and more of the fork-and-spoon work required by the Geek Squad, essentially being more manual labor and hardware installation than anything else.

Lascannon

kiwifarms.net
Ten to one says he got in under the same program that allows special and alternative ed students in. If such is the case, he'll be doing less advanced work and more of the fork-and-spoon work required by the Geek Squad, essentially being more manual labor and hardware installation than anything else.
It is possibility that he went to the special and alternative ed path just to get that type of job at Geek Squad.
Although with how large his ego is have my doubts,if he even took the special and alternative ed path.

Should someone from here ask Jay,if he took the special and alternative ed path to get his Geek Squad job?

Reactions: Le Bateleur

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
But can you do that sort of thing without any official diagnosis of a disability? Otherwise anybody could just come in off the street and claim to be disabled for a job.

Shuu Iwamine

always rolls a nat 1 to seduce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Makes me wonder what's on his resume, and how much of it is fabricated or exaggerated. If Jay put his previous work experience on it, I'd love to see a potential employer ask at an interview why he left that job.

MrsFrizzle

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

He has a bachelor's degree and A+ certification.

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But can you do that sort of thing without any official diagnosis of a disability? Otherwise anybody could just come in off the street and claim to be disabled for a job.
You have to have certifications. It's highly likely his mom could provide just that.

Optimus Prime

kiwifarms.net
It is possibility that he went to the special and alternative ed path just to get that type of job at Geek Squad.
Although with how large his ego is have my doubts,if he even took the special and alternative ed path.

Should someone from here ask Jay,if he took the special and alternative ed path to get his Geek Squad job?
Knowing Jay, the spec. ed. route when applied to him is just more fuel for his blazing ego because, since he's the greatest fucking person ever, they go out of their way to treat him with more 'resepect' or something.

The Yawning Squirtle

"I'm smoking dope with a fucking turtle."
kiwifarms.net
I don't mean to A-log, but I can't even get an interview with a decent resume, references from my old job that are good, and this joker lands a semi-decent gig?

ARGH. Though other people have a point, it could be he wasn't really hired, I get a lot of those "We'll consider you thanks for applying" confirmation e-mails nowadays.

Well at least you can't molest a computer
To quote exceptional Animal Babies:
"I think that's called a dick drive, but it's only for 3 and a half inch floppy dicks."
"I'M WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK!"

Annnd now you made me think about Jay humping a computer and getting his 4 incher stuck in the drive.

Need mind bleach now.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino