2014/09/29 Tom Preston is a troll? and a rare glimpse of reality -

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
Two relatively minor but interesting finds from Jay's dA activity.

Firstly, a post in a dA forum thread about popularity. Jay is starting to wonder whether his childhood dream of achieving glory and fame by creating a cartoon might possibly be unrealistic.

Forums > deviantART > Deviants

PictureOnProgress
Nov 27, 2013 Hobbyist General Artist
How popular do you consider yourself to be? Very, not-that-much, barely?

And how does this impact you?

Personally, I think I'm one of the many unknown artists, with traffic that goes around the 20 views each day. Not getting that many comments either.
Still, that doesn't make me want to stop producing my drawings
I find them a fun hobby. Sure, it can sometimes feel a bit awful to not get that many opinions from others, but I got me self a couple of watchers/friends who give me interesting and amusing conversations

As long as I get to hear from them, I feel happy

Devious Comments (Add yours)

The-Golden-Knight
2 days ago Professional Filmographer
I feel I am slowly rising. And by slowly, I mean as slow as a glacier. This impacts me because I become a prime target for any shenanigans that involve defaming me for all my quirks and kinks. I wrote a massive lecture about it here: Fame's EffectFor anyone who's here about my streaming, the schedule is undecided because I want to know what's best for YOU! I'm giving you this chance because I want to try and get my concurrent viewer count significantly past 10 (the usual cap is at 12). As for production, if you're curious of what I face, there's a hint in the emote mood at the bottom of the journal.
On a personal note, I got one or two phone calls about my job applications. Let's see what happens with them!
Now then, the big topic of discussion! And I'm sure all the bad people are watching this, so despite always going with my gut, I consciously know I need to be very careful with my wording. Actually, they'll say bad things about me no matter what I do, and they'll have the boldness to bring to my attention the existence of said bad things. So screw it, I'm just going to be me, and put down my entire train of thought in unabridged detail as is customary Golden Knight fashion.
To start, I made a comment on th

Then again, this lecture focuses on the negative side too heavily. There are benefits, such as making a few friends and once in a while seeing genuinely awesome fan-art. I've wanted to make an epic cartoon with the hopes of reaching stardom for the power and glory, but at the rate this is going, I'm not sure if my childhood dreams were founded on the most proper basis. I mean, with the small returns of current from years of planning and preparation, I almost feel like it's not yet worthwhile.
PictureOnProgress
2 days ago Hobbyist General Artist
Glaciers are pretty slow :l
That's an interesting article
I can agree with it in the sense that famous people tend to get it harder, critics-wise. People can be quite evil :U

I've slowly gotten a fair amount of fan-arts
It feels pretty nice.
And I don't really have any ambitious goals as of now, at least, fame-related.
I'm pretty cool being your average man in the eyes of the common public

Secondly, Jay has been indulging in his favourite pastime of cluttering the comments section of Tom Preston posts. In a display of knightly bravery he calls out his erstwhile sempai for hypocrisy and trollage.

DamaiMikaz
1 day ago Hobbyist Digital Artist
Call me stupid and everything, but what exactly is the point this comic is trying to make?
It's just pissing off a whole lot of people, calling them sexist and whatnot... just for a Ocuclus Rift pun that isn't even that funny :/
Devious Comments (Add yours)

TomPreston
1 day ago
Yup

DamaiMikaz
1 day ago Hobbyist Digital Artist
"Yup" as in; intentionally pissing off a whole lot of people?
Why?

TomPreston
1 day ago
Cuz it's funny seeing people getting worked up over nothing.
The-Golden-Knight
Edited 5 hours ago Professional Filmographer
Wait, woah woah woah woah...Let's rewind that for a minute and I'm going to quote you on this:

"Cuz it's funny seeing people getting worked up over nothing."

Now, I could get a legion of people correcting me on this (and I'd welcome every one of them IF I am wrong), but is this not the definition of a "Troll"? I'm not talking cyber bully who hurdles death-threats or makes unofficial wikis devoted towards making quirks look bad. I'm talking about mischievous pranksters that are the true "trolls" of the web. From my understanding, that's exactly what a "troll" does: gets people angry for no intention other than "for the lulz."

And I disagree with the notion that a "strawman" argument which has resulted in the backfire consequence of being branded a hypocrite should be considered "getting worked up over nothing."

And I feel confident my research is correct, as I've gone to THE Wikipedia, the official worldwide library: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%2…

So, my good bear, as a loyal fan of yours, I am compelled to ask: have you openly admitted to becoming a troll?!

Noteworthy is another manifestation of Jay's belief that Wikipedia is "the official worldwide library". What might happen, I wonder, if a well-sourced, NPOV article on MotLW or Jay himself would find their way onto the Official Wiki?

Last edited:

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jay's willingness to take on Dobson is probably the coolest and most not-shit thing we've seen him do so far. And so, I give him his gold star today.

But fucking JESUS, Jay's self awareness pinballs between somewhat there and somewhere in space.

Satan

Simply the best, better then all the rest
kiwifarms.net
"So, my good bear, as a loyal fan of yours..." :lol:

I see he's still talking like a strange mix of a medieval fair volunteer and a wannabe Victorian gentleman. And, on top of that, has some of the worst tastes known to man when it comes to web comics.

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"So, my good bear, as a loyal fan of yours..." :lol:

I see he's still talking like a strange mix of a medieval fair volunteer and a wannabe Victorian gentleman. And, on top of that, has some of the worst tastes known to man when it comes to web comics.
In his defense, Prince of Darkness, he's not the only one who uses similar anachronistic terms, though he is one of the only ones I know of who uses that particular combination.

His taste in webcomics, however, is insane.

He Sets Me On Fire

says "Nope."
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"Now, I could get a legion of people correcting me on this (and I'd welcome every one of them IF I am wrong), but is this not the definition of a "Troll"? I'm not talking cyber bully who hurdles death-threats or makes unofficial wikis devoted towards making quirks look bad."

Well, now, what on earth could he be talking about? Who would he know that would have an entire wiki devoted towards making quirks look bad? I mean, I dimly recall hearing about this one group of bad people on the Internet, but Jay's been ignoring them. Man, I don't know what to believe ...

Satan

Simply the best, better then all the rest
kiwifarms.net
"Now, I could get a legion of people correcting me on this (and I'd welcome every one of them IF I am wrong), but is this not the definition of a "Troll"? I'm not talking cyber bully who hurdles death-threats or makes unofficial wikis devoted towards making quirks look bad."

Well, now, what on earth could he be talking about? Who would he know that would have an entire wiki devoted towards making quirks look bad? I mean, I dimly recall hearing about this one group of bad people on the Internet, but Jay's been ignoring them. Man, I don't know what to believe ...
"making quirks look bad"... mmm so pedophilia, violent tendencies and domestic abuse are 'quirks' now? :roll:

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net

Ignoring? I thought he enthusiastically deemed that group soundly and utterly defeated by drawing a picture with some generic monster's head in his fingerless ball of a fist and a sassy pose.

ordinarycough

kiwifarms.net
Halite Harlequinn said:
I've wanted to make an epic cartoon with the hopes of reaching stardom for the power and glory, but at the rate this is going, I'm not sure if my childhood dreams were founded on the most proper basis.
You really should have different dreams as an adult than you did when you were a kid. Most children are pretty stupid anyway and don't have the kinds of life goals an adult should still be holding onto. Interesting that his self-awareness extends only to the fact that no one watches his boring streams and not anything else. Harder to deny the reality of an empty twitch stream.

It's a testament to how transparent Dobson is that someone as epically mentally gifted as Jay can see right through him.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Real trolls live under bridges.

Still, it's kinda nice to see Jay pointing out this off putting behavior of Dobby's. Now, if he could only figure out why people take issue with his behavior we might have progress.

Also real trolls are green, not blue.

Reactions: sikotik

MrsFrizzle

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You really should have different dreams as an adult than you did when you were a kid. Most children are pretty stupid anyway and don't have the kinds of life goals an adult should still be holding on to.
Well, thanks, Captain Buzzkill. See if you get an invitation to the world's first space ballet/firefighting demonstration with that kind of attitude.

Coster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Documenting someone's spergy behavior and death threats are one and the same?

Better go tell the FBI that the Golden Wiki's conspiring to murder Jay, or something like that.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino