2017-04-02 - Melinda Leigh Scott: "I will be taking legal action against you for ... $150,000" -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaiah Carlson

Anaiah Carlson, Catfucker
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
You guys realize that many of you people here regularly harass others right? All that needs to be done for those who are wanting to pursue it is to file harassment restraining orders against specific users on this site from the USA. If needed, I will look into the possibility of filing harassment protective orders against certain users if the harassment against me does not stop. Not every comment posted is harassment. You are within your legal right to criticize, oppose, and condemn the things I say or do that you find objectionable. But you are legally not allowed to harass without any legitimate purpose according to the US laws. I also make this comment just in case anyone else on this site is reading this and is being harassed, they can file the protective orders to prevent harassment if they want. Maybe some legal ramifications from some of you will help you be less inclined to harass others in the future. And because you all thrive so much on harassing others, for some users with the protective order against harassment it might be extremely difficult for them to resist harassing if there is an especially juicy thread about the person they really want to harass. And if they violate the harassment protective order, they can be arrested and fined. So if you want your little community of kiwifarms to avoid the legal dramas, I would urge you to put in disclaimers on your site that harassment is illegal and also against the spirit of kiwifarms. Otherwise I suspect in the years to come, you will get more and more in legal issues until eventually there may be arrests and fines for some of the activity that is going on here.

BillionBisonBucks

Soon will be worth five billion pounds
kiwifarms.net
You guys realize that many of you people here regularly harass others right? All that needs to be done for those who are wanting to pursue it is to file harassment restraining orders against specific users on this site from the USA. If needed, I will look into the possibility of filing harassment protective orders against certain users if the harassment against me does not stop. Not every comment posted is harassment. You are within your legal right to criticize, oppose, and condemn the things I say or do that you find objectionable. But you are legally not allowed to harass without any legitimate purpose according to the US laws. I also make this comment just in case anyone else on this site is reading this and is being harassed, they can file the protective orders to prevent harassment if they want. Maybe some legal ramifications from some of you will help you be less inclined to harass others in the future. And because you all thrive so much on harassing others, for some users with the protective order against harassment it might be extremely difficult for them to resist harassing if there is an especially juicy thread about the person they really want to harass. And if they violate the harassment protective order, they can be arrested and fined. So if you want your little community of kiwifarms to avoid the legal dramas, I would urge you to put in disclaimers on your site that harassment is illegal and also against the spirit of kiwifarms. Otherwise I suspect in the years to come, you will get more and more in legal issues until eventually there may be arrests and fines for some of the activity that is going on here.
You know what the first field on a restraining order application is? Perpetrator's name. You gonna go up in front of a judge and tell them they need to subpoena this website so they can subpoena some internet asshole who may or may not even reside in the country? That's all besides the fact that the site frequently erases the information you would need to connect a handle to a person.

Cato

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

How do you define "harassment?" How do you think that laws define "harassment?"

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You guys realize that many of you people here regularly harass others right? All that needs to be done for those who are wanting to pursue it is to file harassment restraining orders against specific users on this site from the USA.

It would be harassment if you fucked off and people relentlessly pursued you in your real life, you know, like you did when you stalked someone for years until they had to get a fucking restraining order against you, you sick freak. You should probably try doing that. Fucking off, that is. Literally nothing good will ever come of you being here. My intentions are good in stating this, since all I stand to lose if you do go be a normal human from now on is some laughter at your expense.

💗Freddie Freaker💗

* unintelligible exceptional individual noises *
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Can you specify what you mean when you say users here have been harassing you? People have been archiving your antics and laughing at them, but I don't think that's a crime.

Anaiah Carlson

Anaiah Carlson, Catfucker
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Can you specify what you mean when you say users here have been harassing you? People have been archiving your antics and laughing at them, but I don't think that's a crime.

I'd have to look through them to be sure and also consult the laws to make sure what harassment is exactly. I'm just saying in advance, i think people should be more careful about posting things that might be considered harassment, especially if they live in the USA. Also I will be getting dual citizenship in Canada sometime this year if I'm not in jail. So if necessary, I can look into the harassment laws of Canada as well if someone is harassing me from Canada. As I mentioned, a large portion of the things here could not be considered harassment. But certainly there were some things stated which were at least borderline harassment. Just make a special effort not to harass me, and we will avoid any and all possible problems between us.

Cato

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd have to look through them to be sure and also consult the laws to make sure what harassment is exactly. I'm just saying in advance, i think people should be more careful about posting things that might be considered harassment, especially if they live in the USA. Also I will be getting dual citizenship in Canada sometime this year if I'm not in jail. So if necessary, I can look into the harassment laws of Canada as well if someone is harassing me from Canada. As I mentioned, a large portion of the things here could not be considered harassment. But certainly there were some things stated which were at least borderline harassment. Just make a special effort not to harass me, and we will avoid any and all possible problems between us.

So by your own admission, you don't even know what legally constitutes "harassment," yet you still feel that you are in a position to give advice on the subject?

💗Freddie Freaker💗

* unintelligible exceptional individual noises *
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you can prove that someone is harassing you as defined by the law, I'm sure the mods would be glad to delete the offending posts.

But this isn't our first time at the rodeo. We've been called cyberbullies before, and people have tried to get the farms in legal trouble. It hasn't yet worked.

Dr. Boe Jangles Esq.

Original Prick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, if I get subpoenaed for testimony, we're going to have an impromptu kiwi meetup. The courthouse would probably be in or near Richmond. If we're less than an hour from Ruckersville we're also going to roadtrip there and raid Chris's trashcans.
First round is on me, fam.

Heard it all before. You're late as fuck.
But sure, let's look at this:
Null had already stated that site policy is that he won't honor any legal orders from outside the US, so Canada won't cut it, which is in addition to the existing practical issues with jurisdiction here (which are numerous).
Then there's the money situation. How are your finances looking, my jobless friend? Because this kind of thing is time consuming and expensive.
Then there's even being able to identify the names and locations of your detractors. You'd need that to accuse us.
These are all things you'd wanna work out before making big claims about how you're going to take us down and we need to watch what we say.

In short, fuck you, faggot.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I looked up harassment briefly, but I would want to more thoroughly look at the exact legal laws and rules behind it before pursuing anything.
Make no mistake, you are here of your own volition and against your best interests. You have acknowledged these two facts repeatedly.

Harassment laws specifically help people deal with involuntary and abusive contact. No one here owes you shit. Nor do we owe the Scotts shit.

Defamation laws, on the contrary, are a civil issue that help recover damages from untrue claims. If there are no damages, there is no case. If the claims are true, there is no case.

We've been here 5 years and see hundreds of thousands of unique visits per month, millions of page hits per day. We've never been subpoenaed. I've never even been contacted by law enforcement over this site. Twice for our email service, never for the forum.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Talking about others isn't harassment. By your definition you're harassing us, so can we take you to court? While you have no money we could ask the Judge to place you into a mental institute.

G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net

The only problem with your plan is that if you are being harassed, as you claim, you don't make it look good for yourself by registering on the site and continually talking with kiwis. Most of the comments in your thread are people asking you questions or making jokes at your expense. And you are responding to them. That's not harassment. I mean, I personally haven't harassed you. I'd like to think my posts in your thread were trying to help you, even. Though I think ultimately, you didn't take much or any of what I said to heart

But if you were going to pursue this sort of thing with the police, the main problem that will come up is that unless there are kiwis sending you threats over private messaging, or calling you over the phone, your thread alone is not the most compelling evidence, if it's all the evidence you have to present. But here's a factor that police will consider. You came here of your own accord. You addressed almost everyone in your thread and continue to interact with them. In other words: if you don't like us, why not just leave? Don't look at your thread anymore. We can't bother you if you aren't talking to us

Status
Not open for further replies.