Approved 2017-05-12 - BibleStudy.org: DMCA Request -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I've obliged this DMCA request because for some reason @voiceguy stole an article they wrote about the number 12 to argue with Brad Watson.

Full text of the request, which is complete and valid.

DMCA Violation - Copyrighted Infringement of BibleStudy.org content

1. Identification of the material that you are claiming that is being infringing, with information about its location, reasonably specific to permit us to locate the material.

Description of Infringement:
The BibleStudy.org material that was copied and infringed is located at:
http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/12.html

Infringing URL or Web Address:
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/brad-watson.6801/page-106#post-668934

Posted by voiceguy on Apr 21, 2015

Copyrighted text begins with:
"The meaning of 12, which is considered a perfect number . . ."
and ends with "the Talmud identify the Urim and Thummim with the breastplate stones."

At least 590 words, more than 90% of BibleStudy.org's entire article, was illegally copied.

A February 2015 copy of Biblestudy.org's article that predates what is found on the infringing page, stored by the independent Internet Archive, is located at:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150211053931/http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/12.html

2. Please fill in the following statement:
I Alan Ruth, have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law.

3. Please fill in the following statement:
I Alan Ruth, swear under penalty of perjury, that the above information in this notification is accurate and that I am the owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf.

4. The infringement reporter or authorized persons:
Name: Alan Ruth
Addresses: PO Box 3393, Farmington Hills, MI. 48333, USA
Phone: 248-875-4409
Email Address: webmaster@biblestudy.org

5. The electronic/typed or physical signature of the owner or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.

Electronic Signature: Alan Ruth

Indemnification of Host or Registrar

I Alan Ruth, agree to defend, indemnify and hold the host or registrar, its affiliates and its sponsors, partners, other co-branders and the respective directors, officers and employees of each harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs).

Please immediately remove the copyrighted material, listed above, from the infringing URL(s) and from any other locations within the domain.

*Al
Email: webmaster@biblestudy.org

Owner of:
The Bible Study Site at BibleStudy.org
Edit: Some context.

[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:01 AM] @Ol' Slag: @Null, Is that the first DMCA you have acknowledged?
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:01 AM] @Null: this is the first one I've unironically obliged. we had a girl hire a company to get her instagram photos down so I lazily photoshopped them all and reuploaded them in the same thread.
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM] @Null: the text was stolen in its entirety and was done so with no artistic merit. the dmca request is complete and legally valid.
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM] @Null: i would lose this case in court

[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:03 AM] @King: How would they have found that?
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:03 AM] @Null: @King, google searches
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:03 AM] @Null: the double-edged sword of brilliant SEO
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:04 AM] @King: So same type of narcissism that a cow has to google themselves?
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM] @Null: no, they run a legitimate organization and probably run paid-for plagiarism software to detect illegal republications.
[Jun 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM] @Null: this is just business and there are no hard feelings

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino