2017-09-06 - Imgur.com: bann has happen again -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
So humor me. Click this link:
http://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png

If you're using kiwifarms dot net, you will get an error. Try clicking this link from kiwifarms dot is, or from our onion domain. It'll work.
(edit: if you use certain privacy tools, it will hide you came from KF and it will work. If you F5 the image, it will work. If you load the image for any reason and then try, it will always work, because you have a cache. For 99% of users on the KF, linking to imgur is foobar'd.)

Imgur has banned us from linking to its content or from using it on our site. If the HTTP referrer is kiwifarms dot net, it will reject the request.

I emailed them about this and they claim it's because we violated their rules for using Imgur as a "content delivery network", which would be if I took if I automatically took images attached to posts on KF, uploaded it to Imgur, and then embedded the image directly on KF instead of using my own bandwidth to host it. The overwhelming majority of Imgur content on this site is actually downloaded by us through the proxy, and then linked from our own resources.

Below is this code. The same URL, but it works, because we host it now.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png[/img]

I don't know what pissy fat cunt from Imgur found out we hosted a few 3KiB images with them and used them for emojis out of laziness, but they sure did invoke their power in the most meaningless way possible. I want to reiterate: they blocked us from using jace emojis.

Now would be a good time to mention that Imgur is the reason why /r/fatpeoplehate went to Voat and what eventually led to /r/coontown closing. FPH got a lot of flack from SJWs, but they stayed up, until Imgur started deleting all of FPH's content from its site (which Reddit by default uses to upload content). So, naturally, FPH looked up the completely public and forward-facing staff directory and found out they were all fatcunts and started using alternatives to make fun of them. This "targeted harassment campaign" led to their closure and opened the floodgates for dropping whatever content the crybaby fags in Reddit were mad about that day.

Now you know.

Edit: Whenever possible, you should be uploading any content you can directly to your KF posts. We have like a 50MiB upload limit and support a huge number of files. If your file is a video or something very large and very important, let me know and I will host it.

Last edited:

Sergeant Politeness

Pitiful, laughable, once again silent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you use a privacy enabling tool that removes referrer information it will work normally.
That explains it.

What alternatives are even out there for photo hosting, anyway? All the ones I know of are absolute dogshit. (Not specifically for KF images, just in general.)

• Agree
Reactions: panko

An Ghost

Covered in sheet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any service, be it VPS provider or image hosting, that gets big and reliable can have pressure put on it from assholes who bitch online and have pull. Any smaller services can be massacred by a whole bunch of assholes. Everybody out there needs to lolcalmdown.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
So humor me. Click this link:
http://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png

If you're using kiwifarms dot net, you will get an error. Try clicking this link from kiwifarms dot is, or from our onion domain. It'll work.

Imgur has banned us from linking to its content or from using it on our site. If the HTTP referrer is kiwifarms dot net, it will reject the request.

I emailed them about this and they claim it's because we violated their rules for using Imgur as a "content delivery network", which would be if I took if I automatically took images attached to posts on KF, uploaded it to Imgur, and then embedded the image directly on KF instead of using my own bandwidth to host it. The overwhelming majority of Imgur content on this site is actually downloaded by us through the proxy, and then linked from our own resources.

Below is this code. The same URL, but it works, because we host it now.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png[/img]

I don't know what pissy fat cunt from Imgur found out we hosted a few 3KiB images with them and used them for emojis out of laziness, but they sure did invoke their power in the most meaningless way possible. I want to reiterate: they blocked us from using jace emojis.

Now would be a good time to mention that Imgur is the reason why /r/fatpeoplehate went to Voat and what eventually led to /r/coontown closing. FPH got a lot of flack from SJWs, but they stayed up, until Imgur started deleting all of FPH's content from its site (which Reddit by default uses to upload content). So, naturally, FPH looked up the completely public and forward-facing staff directory and found out they were all fatcunts and started using alternatives to make fun of them. This "targeted harassment campaign" led to their closure and opened the floodgates for dropping whatever content the crybaby fags in Reddit were mad about that day.

Now you know.

Edit: Whenever possible, you should be uploading any content you can directly to your KF posts. We have like a 50MiB upload limit and support a huge number of files. If your file is a video or something very large and very important, let me know and I will host it.
It may be more specifically directed than you think. I've never trusted imgur enough to use it for anything other than throwaway images, and the main thing I've used it for is the Dwarf Fortress thread. Seriously, why would I bog down the site with storing tons of huge images with very little content to them of little interest to anyone outside the thread?

But I see all the images in this post.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/dwarf-fortress-community-succession-fortress-2016.21098/page-5#post-1557716

Do you?

I used imgur for a number of other posts in this thread, and still see them.

symantec

Representative (D-ME 2nd District) since 2019
kiwifarms.net
Any service, be it VPS provider or image hosting, that gets big and reliable can have pressure put on it from assholes who bitch online and have pull. Any smaller services can be massacred by a whole bunch of assholes. Everybody out there needs to lolcalmdown.
God I wish I could run a site like Google and just fuck with whoever I disagree with.

Jaiman

pink pastel equine enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just use vgy.me for hosting my images, specifically when I'm writing a thread (I don't trust the draft feature on this site)

• Agree
Reactions: CrunkLord420
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino