2017-09-06 - Imgur.com: bann has happen again -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubanodun

White PlayStation Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
Weird i tried to open the first link that Null posted the one that is supposed to be blocked and gave me a 403 error, but just for the heck of it i deleted the I in the imgur url and it opened, and now every time i click the link it opens normally

im in .net, not using any proxy

Reactions: trombonista

Goofy Logic

Is this thing working right?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Weird i tried to open the first link that Null posted the one that is supposed to be blocked and gave me a 403 error, but just for the heck of it i deleted the I in the imgur url and it opened, and now every time i click the link it opens normally

That's making me wonder if Imgur is pulling a Photobucket on people they don't like.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net

After your first time seeing the image it's cached by your browser. It doesn't send another request.

entropyseekswork

Vigilante based in America
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I noticed that a couple days ago and wondered what was up.

The most fun part of the FPH debacle was that imgur staff joined to reach out to us and then we banned them for being fat, which was against the subforum rules, and laughed. That's what triggered imgurs major chimpout.

We had slimgr for a while but that went down and no one could get in contact with the owner, and now I just use imgoat.

Calooby

dindu muffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I gotta say, you're not the only victim of this bullshit lol. So I definitely feel for you. Bootyass Fields constantly gets taken down when we host it on free board hosts due to faggoty whiny Polish fat fuck fetishists (it's hilarious I know, I know). Terms of Service violations and shit. Worst part is, none of it even gets backed up, you can't even ask to back everything up, they just take it all away. Now, I'm hosting Bootyass Network, and I'm using phpBB for what is the fourth incarnation of Bootyass Fields and there's no problems so far other than most of my community gave the fuck up on me lmao.

So yeah, my personal advice? Mixtape.moe, or manually create an image hosting service so long as nobody abuses it lol.

D.Va

지옥에서 모피 모피
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like with every other image host Imgur went to shit the second they realised it isn't a profitable venture so did shit to try and get people to stay on the site. In KF's case they were probably looking at sheer volume of requests alone considering what it is being used for. Usually it probably would've been ignored because the bandwidth usage is negligible, but I bet some admin's friend got doxed or something.

yeah i get denied clicking on
https://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png

but if i add a ? to the url for https://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png? it works fine
Whether you add a question mark or not is irrelevant, imgur is looking at the Referer header for incoming requests. Click that other link and watch what happens.

piripiri

i am the pig who wrestles
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like with every other image host Imgur went to shit the second they realised it isn't a profitable venture so did shit to try and get people to stay on the site. In KF's case they were probably looking at sheer volume of requests alone considering what it is being used for. It probably would've been ignored, but I bet some admin's friend got doxed or something.

Whether you add a question mark or not is irrelevant, imgur is looking at the Referer header for incoming requests. Click that other link and watch what happens.
adding a ? is a standard way of saying 'reload with no referrer'

like if you get a hotlinking not allowed image and add a ? to the url it will usually load.

it's an old standard thing but yeah you could use / if you want but ? is the most common

edit: if i click the other link i get the image because my browser has it cached.

thanks for the rating, you crank.

Last edited:

Transvaalan

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
So humor me. Click this link:
http://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png

If you're using kiwifarms dot net, you will get an error. Try clicking this link from kiwifarms dot is, or from our onion domain. It'll work.

Imgur has banned us from linking to its content or from using it on our site. If the HTTP referrer is kiwifarms dot net, it will reject the request.

I emailed them about this and they claim it's because we violated their rules for using Imgur as a "content delivery network", which would be if I took if I automatically took images attached to posts on KF, uploaded it to Imgur, and then embedded the image directly on KF instead of using my own bandwidth to host it. The overwhelming majority of Imgur content on this site is actually downloaded by us through the proxy, and then linked from our own resources.

Below is this code. The same URL, but it works, because we host it now.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SCXIloU.png[/img]

I don't know what pissy fat cunt from Imgur found out we hosted a few 3KiB images with them and used them for emojis out of laziness, but they sure did invoke their power in the most meaningless way possible. I want to reiterate: they blocked us from using jace emojis.

Now would be a good time to mention that Imgur is the reason why /r/fatpeoplehate went to Voat and what eventually led to /r/coontown closing. FPH got a lot of flack from SJWs, but they stayed up, until Imgur started deleting all of FPH's content from its site (which Reddit by default uses to upload content). So, naturally, FPH looked up the completely public and forward-facing staff directory and found out they were all fatcunts and started using alternatives to make fun of them. This "targeted harassment campaign" led to their closure and opened the floodgates for dropping whatever content the crybaby fags in Reddit were mad about that day.

Now you know.

Edit: Whenever possible, you should be uploading any content you can directly to your KF posts. We have like a 50MiB upload limit and support a huge number of files. If your file is a video or something very large and very important, let me know and I will host it.
This is the gayest shit.

Fucking hell, every goddamn tech company is infested with SJW bullshit. It's a wonder sites like this are still allowed to exist under this environment. What's the TOR url if I might ask?
This will continue until the First Amendment and certain interpretations of it are...modified, and online companies are forced to not be like this.

D.Va

지옥에서 모피 모피
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
adding a ? is a standard way of saying 'reload with no referrer'

like if you get a hotlinking not allowed image and add a ? to the url it will usually load.

it's an old standard thing but yeah you could use / if you want but ? is the most common
This isn't a standard thing at all and I'm not sure where you're getting that information from. Neither links strip the referer header. You can check the headers yourself if you persist a developer tools window on your browser.

If you are saying you are adding a ? to the url and reloading it in place, well duh, there will be no Referer header. But you can do that without adding a ?, or you can type whatever you want for a query string.

piripiri

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't a standard thing at all and I'm not sure where you're getting that information from. Neither links strip the referer header. You can check the headers yourself if you persist a developer tools window on your browser.
Yeah it is. People getting referer errors have been doing this since referrer was first spelt wrong.

I get it you think you are hot shit and want to post some knowledge about how you are a webdev but what I'm saying to you is if you click a link like in the op and want to see it just put a ? at the end of the url and hit enter. It's standard practice. By putting ? and hitting return the referrer is the same domain as the link.

What I'm not saying is posting links on here with ? at the end hides the referrer. It doesn't. It's just a standard thing we do after we get referrer errors.

Reactions: panko

D.Va

지옥에서 모피 모피
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
By putting ? and hitting return the referrer is the same domain as the link.
So does just clicking the address bar and pressing enter you moron. In fact, when you do this there is quite literally no referer header at all so I'm not sure what you're going on about. Standard practise my asshole.

Reactions: panko

piripiri

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So does just clicking the address bar and pressing enter you moron. In fact, when you do this there is quite literally no referer header at all so I'm not sure what you're going on about. Standard practise my asshole.
nope

yes i'm sure you practise with your asshole a lot.

actually try what you are claiming and you'll see a refresh refreshes the exact same request along with the referer. if you open a new tab and paste the link it'll work fine.

Last edited:

A Name But Backwards

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a bit wary of TinyPic. They're owned by Photobucket, who forced their users to start paying up if they want to simply link to their images on other sites a couple months ago. TinyPic images also get deleted after 90 days if nobody looks at them.
Sorry I was more making a joke. I didn't realize people used tiny pic anymore, that and imageshack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino