[2018-02-09 - ???] Minecraft Rants - What Phil does when he's not reading Papavera's guides

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
DSP is claiming that he needs to grind experience in Minecraft tonight to survive The Nether.

Is that a thing? It doesn't sound like a thing.

ZehnBoat

JUST FUCKING BAM
kiwifarms.net
DSP is claiming that he needs to grind experience in Minecraft tonight to survive The Nether.

when you do certain things, you get experience (these range from killing baddies to just using a furnace)
and as far as i remember, you use it for enchanting weapons, and armor
and that's it
your stats don't go up for each level
you don't get more health

also you don't need to grind to survive the nether, just leave markers so you can find your way back home
and don't bite off more than you can chew

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net

It is 100% not a thing. Minecraft doesn't have a leveling or stat system. You might need to grind for gear, but never for experience. Experience is just used for enchanting, but enchanting (as far as I remember) is entirely random and doesn't really help out that much. I want to say doing just about anything in Minecraft yields at least some experience too, so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get.

ZehnBoat

JUST FUCKING BAM
kiwifarms.net
It is 100% not a thing. Minecraft doesn't have a leveling or stat system. You might need to grind for gear, but never for experience. Experience is just used for enchanting, but enchanting (as far as I remember) is entirely random and doesn't really help out that much. I want to say doing just about anything in Minecraft yields at least some experience too, so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get.
also the nether was implemented a year before enchanting
so you don't NEED enchanting to survive the nether

enchanting is good for the later stuff (bosses). really good if you're taking on an underwater temple
then again considering phil got lost in the nether and literally expected money to be thrown at him to help find his way home, there's no way he's doing anything more difficult than exploring the nether.
things which, by the way, people half his age can figure out and do on their own.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's been some quality saltiness tonight when I've stopped by. Talking about how he expects to basically never get out from under his debt (can't WAIT for the Foreclosure saga to play out), shit-talking Pewdiepie, shit-talking Youtube. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the $4 top tip and 223 bit top cheer.

Edit: Also a return of "MUH DEPRESSION" briefly. You guys, off-stream with Kat he's totally a self-deprecating guy! He just throws on the thin skin for when he's talking with strangers. You know, as one does.

Last edited:

chicken wings

Certified Instagram Dietician
kiwifarms.net
Audience won't be entertained if the streamer doesn't seem like he's having fun. Phil shows no passion for any games he plays. I saw a few streamer doing a marathon of KH coming up to KH3 to get caught up. Maximillian replayed the original RE2 and actually played all of the second gen releases for a marathon before the game released. That was an 18 hour stream. Phil treats his streams like a 9-5 that he hates and the audience can feel that. He abhors the live streaming lifestyle. He's not good enough for his skill to offset his boorishness and he doesn't have enough genuine fun to offset his lack of skill.
He could have relied on his I HATE EVERYTHING persona and just shit on everything no matter how good the game is but his streams are the equivalent of a shit you have to take when you have food poisoning.

Dandelion

kiwifarms.net
shit-talking Pewdiepie
My absolute favorite part from that rant is that he claims that Pewdiepie's mistakes hurt others, while Phil's mistakes only affected himself.

Pewdiepie's mistakes and their consequences are a function of his fame and association with gaming. Phil doesn't realize that were he was in the same position, the same thing would happen, except it'd be much worse. Between the masturbation incident, insulting pretty much all game developers, attacking his fans for asking sincere questions, being terrible at games, the racist jokes (he blames Pewdiepie for one or two, Phil's made like thirty) and his general toxicity, his reputational gaffes would eclipse Pewdiepie by the end of the month if they swapped positions.

Everyone's luck takes a hit hard sometime in their life, but I sincerely doubt someone like Pewdiepie would guilt his audience to pay his taxes if things went south.

Last edited:

Pubic Enemy #1

Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email
kiwifarms.net
I guess the implication is that because PewDiePie said nigger the adpocalypse happened and Phil's fortunes plummeted. Like he was pulling in astronomical numbers and billions of dollars before that and it all went away. He never mentions that he's been on a steady downward trend since 2013 or so.

Cpt_Autismo

kiwifarms.net
I guess the implication is that because PewDiePie said nigger the adpocalypse happened and Phil's fortunes plummeted. Like he was pulling in astronomical numbers and billions of dollars before that and it all went away. He never mentions that he's been on a steady downward trend since 2013 or so.
Yes, he has been on a steady down trend, but those ad-pocalypse events just made this go faster. We the watchers know that Phil can't see the whole picture and only thinks of here and now. That's why I'm his mind he came to the conclusion "I am getting less money. PewDiePie said nigger. So it's PewDiePie's fault". Like a good pigroach he never forgets a grudge against someone he things wronged him and will take any opportunity to badmouth them. That's why his chat can always bait him into these tirades against PewDiePie, YouTube, machinema, detractors, his dieing parents, tax guy and the other multitude of people and organizations that "wronged" him.

Raven'sChild

Peep, peep, RAWR!!!!!!111one
kiwifarms.net
There's been some quality saltiness tonight ...shit-talking Pewdiepie, shit-talking Youtube. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the $4 top tip and 223 bit top cheer.

Edit: Also a return of "MUH DEPRESSION" briefly. You guys, off-stream with Kat he's totally a self-deprecating guy! He just throws on the thin skin for when he's talking with strangers. You know, as one does.
D$P did a bit more than "shit-talk" PewdiePie. He flat out blamed him for causing the ADpocalypse due to his saying "all sorts of Racist stuff". D$P, however forgets about the NUMEROUS exceedingly Racist things he said in his videos when he was, as he puts it, " White Hot Popular on YouTube" :

Someone in chat pointed out that Pewdiepie had been blamed for doing things he had not done and D$P was doing this as well. D$P glossed over it reiterating that Pewdiepie should have used his fame better stating that if He, D$P, had that kind of fame on Twitch he'd never say anything controversial again due to wanting to keep all the money he'd be making. Basically, saying he'd become a complete sell-out maybe even to the point of saying 'darn' and 'shoot' in order to keep the Big Bucks rolling in.

Pewdiepie has veered away from making videogame content because he doesn't want to work. Phil works his ass off everyday. Phil claims that if he did videos on current events or pop culture he would do a better job at it than Pewdiepie because unlike him, Phil is smart. He was the one who blew the lid off the scandal that colleges have a bad habit of accepting people who can pay the admission.
Yes, yes D$P, unlike Pewdiepie ( who speaks three languages, keeps himself informed about his industry as well as happening in the world and reads a metric ton of books )...D$P is 'smart'. D$P also brought up how competent he is as an all around gamer and that he can pick up a controller and play any game...when he wants to. Guess he's making his fans feel better about themselves by faking his complete and utter ineptness whilst floundering about or sitting there doing nothing waiting for them to tell him what to do.

• Agree
Reactions: Tatu Carreta2

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
i saw this thread and hopped in incase something happened and i caught the tail end of some rant
"its stupid, sure people make money through underhanded means but its stupid to say 'im going to stop using twitch' Fucking idiots"

Reactions: actually

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
More ranting about Tevin tonight. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a whopping $4 in tips so far. But he's going to be "positive" :lol:

Edit: Still going and talking about how he "suffers and struggles, but still perserveres" :lol:

Edit 2: 1 hour in, and he's already bitching about money. But remember, he doesn't care about the money :lol:

Edit 3: Jesus Christ, Phil is ultra-tilted tonight for some reason. Stop in for a bit...he's in full-on bitchbaby mode.

Edit 4: Crisis averted. Dylancious immediately responded to the sadsack begging with 3600 bits, and phrenelith/heaving_earth followed up with 5000 bits. So everything's fine, and Phil doesn't worry about the number of viewers, and his "success" just follows naturally.

Last edited:

ZehnBoat

JUST FUCKING BAM
kiwifarms.net
Piggo is going on a huge rant about "the huge pile of literal donkey shit who steals mah khantent." Tevin has been downgraded from human shit to donkey shit, while he does charity streams all week. Big ups.

Edit: Oh, I didn't know this was a thread.
but guys, he doesn't care about DEHTRAHCTORS he's a chill STRIMMER OKAY?
ignore the fact that TERVIN raised money to do good and didn't give it all to him

the very act of charity makes phil shit himself in anger
either because phil can't understand charity
or the fact that he knows he's such a greedy pig he'll never give to charity

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
but guys, he doesn't care about DEHTRAHCTORS he's a chill STRIMMER OKAY?
ignore the fact that TERVIN raised money to do good and didn't give it all to him

the very act of charity makes phil shit himself in anger
either because phil can't understand charity
or the fact that he knows he's such a greedy pig he'll never give to charity
A real narcissist like Phil probably thinks the event was intentionally made to make him look stupid (he does this part very good on his own). How dare this morally bankrupt criminal fakes a good Samaritan, all while the troll money could have been his. It's unfair! This sick individual Tevin and his army of illogical kids put his lifestyle in danger, they don't think what they do to innocent Phil Burnell (the positive forward looking guy with deep depts). Just disgusting!

Oh no, what's this? Can't Phil have any easy time, does everything has to be complicated? Now streamers get free game codes by a famous developer, except Phil. Great, they intentionally fuck up Phil and put his career in danger. Because Tevin and his brainless followers slander him! They should all lose their jobs, those malicious developer bastards!*
*) Made up to paint a point.

Reactions: SkippyLongbottom
Tags
None