2018-05-25 - Alexander Leonidas: Copyright Infringement, Illegal Activities, & Slander Campaign -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Face

A̶a̸a̶a̷a̸a̴A̴A̷A̸a̵a̴a̶A̸A̵A̴a̷a̸a̸a̵A̴A̵A
kiwifarms.net
If I recall this information correct, slander is for spoken false information. If he wants to focus on the internet, then he should just say writing libel instead, as it's like "slander" but in the written form.

Though, don't take my words on this 100%, I am just an animator, not a lawyer. I had to take action of getting someone in trouble for writing libel last year, it was not a pleasant time, and it's not over.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Technically the links to his works falls under fair use since it's for criticism.
You can't just copy someone's work and then criticize it to avoid copyright. If I criticize a movie it doesn't mean I can copy and distribute the whole thing as part of 'fair use' so that people can see what I'm talking about. Works the same with books. You might take passages that illustrate a point (often done sparingly) but just dropping the whole thing would very likely be found to violate copyright.

That said, the process to deal with these violations is also pretty clear, and he hasn't followed it.

Bunny at Law

kiwifarms.net
Nah, if you want to learn how to eat, that's a separate book. Otherwise accurate, though.

View attachment 458560

Someone should also ask him why you need an "alpha body" if you're "naturally enhanced," though. Why isn't the first book good enough?
Mood while catching up on this thread: AUGH YEAH

Mood once I saw what this bitch looks like: :c

Truly a face only a mother could love :heart-empty:

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
CEO of OutAlpha.com
Why do people do this? I can't find a registration for "OutAlpha.com" or even "Out Alpha" anywhere in the US. Having a domain name does not equal having a company or even a fictitious name. If he's going around doing business as OutAlpha.com instead of Leonidas Whateverthefuck technically speaking he's probably committing fraud.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Why do people do this? I can't find a registration for "OutAlpha.com" or even "Out Alpha" anywhere in the US. Having a domain name does not equal having a company or even a fictitious name. If he's going around doing business as OutAlpha.com instead of Leonidas Whateverthefuck technically speaking he's probably committing fraud.
Calling yourself a CEO of a 1-person LLC is faggy even if it is registered. For my LLCs I call myself the "Managing Member", because that's what I am.

MakingAmericaGreat

We need to build a wall to keep out the Autobots
kiwifarms.net
Like anybody who torrented his garbage would ever buy it in the first place. The only loss of money was him wasting his time writing the complaint instead of working an actual job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino