• ”I cried at DisneyLand. I can't even masturbate anymore.”

2018-06-29 - Bhanu Prasad: "Now I am facing serious legal situation due to these statements"

Discussion in 'Take that off the god damn Internet!' started by neger psykolog, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What the fuck in any of this is worth 2.5 mil?

Some bullshit paper mill academic press that publishes papers other more legitimate ones won't touch?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Oh dear, guess that's why you shouldn't take it too far with lolcows with a shitload of money. Why sue that specific guy tho when the whole thread is in on it?

lmao that CS professor's career and job searching is toast now (not that he'll be hired anyway with the face of a pedophile).

• Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Our thread on Ashu Solo started in April 2017, only a month before the court order was issued. The legal action against Prasad had been underway since February 2013.

Ashu Solo actually filed a motion to prevent details relating to the legal action being published online. One of his grounds was that publication would likely lead to Prasad losing his job and being unable to obtain further employment, and therefore unable to pay the judgement.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. That's actually the other really confusing part about all of this, because in defamation suits not only do you have to actually prove willful intent as far as spreading lies... you have to prove the damages. It doesn't really work like it does in most civil suits where you can come up with all sorts of pie in the sky emotional damages. To the point where, even in the rare instances which defamation suits actually do manage to "win"... they often don't get much... or sometimes anything...

https://www.newyorkinjurycasesblog....defamation-and-wins-but-no-damages-awarded-2/

Usually there's only like one major case per year where there's actually a substantial payout and usually it involves some incredibly depraved case of corporate level dick licking to screw someone over. And even then I don't think anyone has ever even broken the 5 mill mark.

• Informative Informative x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Malice would have been easy to establish. Prasad created a whole heap of aliases and even websites to publish his accusations. The plaintiffs cancelled at least one conference and refunded money out of pocket. I haven't looked for other court documents to see exactly how damages were calculated, but the media article mentions a substantial punitive damages award as well as a substantial fees award (those two add up to over half the total award). As two individuals plus a company have had their reputation damaged, the base award doesn't seem excessive.

Edit : Leon County Court website won't load at the moment so I can't find the original complaint. I did check the Supreme Court docket, though, and the court denied Ashu Solo's motion to prohibit publication of case details online.

• Informative Informative x 2
    #85 repentance, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  6. On another note, there's something pathetic about this dude when you picture a 30-40 something year old giggling while using 90 aliases for 1 lolcow at a county library computer.

If it didn't say he was a CS professor I would've assumed this was some unemployed a-log neckbeard.

• Agree Agree x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Hah, sounds like a chink admin trying to get nudes from a user.

"YOU SHOW ASHU OR BHANU."

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • DRINK DRINK x 3
    Cuddly Pirate

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I think it requires some level of extreme anger/animosity to put in that kind of effort just for one target, so in any event I doubt he was giggling at all. Also no surprise he's a professor, educators are quite often the most unhinged people around. Hence the saying about how those who can't do... teach.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Bhanu posting on the Farms like:
    wojask.jpg

• Winner Winner x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  10. I dunno, what this cow is doing is eerily similar to what Kiwis do; keep close tabs on some dumbass, find all of their doxes and even address, archive the crap out of everything they post, find a blog post they made in 2002. How are we any different (other than the obviously deranged 90 aliases thing)?

kiwifarms.net
  11. This guy isn't keeping tabs. He's falsifying content. He's touching some poop.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Marvin

Christorical Figure True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I'm just glad somebody explained this in a way I can understand.

• DRINK DRINK x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. trust me, it is just two indians flinging shit at each other

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    DrainRedRain

DrainRedRain you're not real fuck you
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Boy, they must have near infinite ammo then. :^)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • DRINK DRINK x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. they can find ammo right on the streets after all

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    DrainRedRain

DrainRedRain you're not real fuck you
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. What did he do?

kiwifarms.net
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.