2018-10-02 - Roy Philipose: DMCA over a tweet. -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
What defines creative work, though? This guy seems to think everything he says is creative and therefore copyrighted.
In my experience, generally speaking writing up any old email, post or notice is likely not a creative work while writing a story or creating your own character/setting qualifies as a creative work, usually by making it yourself without any derivative elements

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Can you legally automatically copyright each and every email if you put a signature in like he does?

That sounds completely exceptional to me.
The inclusion of a notice is meaningless. It's either copyrighted or it isn't. And either a 140 character Tweet is insufficiently creative to qualify for copyright protection, or if it is, it is posted to a medium where retweeting and otherwise quoting it and duplicating it in its entirety is authorized and expected and constitutes an implied license to do so.

As for copyrighting a legal threat, that's clearly idiotic. A legal threat is a document with a legal effect that depends on its exact language, and can't be referred to without quoting it, often in its entirety. It isn't a creation with economic value.

Copyright is meant to protect a creator's income from his creations, not to prevent an exceptional individual from being embarrassed by his stupidity becoming public.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where were you when @Blue Jerkop got Doxxed by Null in a last ditch effort by Joshua Conner Moon to save himself by selling out his friend?

Rip @Blue Jerkop, I’ll never forget you! :'(:'(:'(
It would be pretty funny if this issue got me sued for the first time, of all the actual real-life things that could have up until now.

(edit: particularly as the post in question was specifically constructed to fall under fair use)

Last edited:

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
The FBI has had so much KF shit forwarded to them, at this point, if anyone even reads the complaints there (inb4 optimistic rating), we should have our own personal filing room in the basement of headquarters that anyone who fucks up in the FBI gets assigned to, a la the X-Files.

© Fibonacci 2018. All rights reserved.

Eryngium

Cryptids are a Cute! CUTE!
kiwifarms.net
Okay, someone using an @atsimu.com email address sent him an email saying "ligma pussy" with the below attached and he's legit straight up forwarded it to the FBI with me as a CC.

like, obviously don't contact this dipshit because he's insane, but holy fuck.

View attachment 557108
View attachment 557107
Reported for not spoilering img on this Christian website, plz ban mods.

On an unrelated note whoever sent that had good taste... Not that I w-would know... b-baka :christine:

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The FBI has had so much KF shit forwarded to them, at this point, if anyone even reads the complaints there (inb4 optimistic rating), we should have our own personal filing room in the basement of headquarters that anyone who fucks up in the FBI gets assigned to, a la the X-Files.

From the fact that he even knows that local FBI address, he has probably harassed them with insane bullshit before. Most likely it's filtered into the nut folder, and then whoever is new or fucked up recently and got tard wrangling duty gets to sift through it.

the autist of dojima

I'll take that as a threat to the states
kiwifarms.net

This site and 4chan are fbi honeypots, did you ever wonder where the coutch that stopped couch cuck came from?

NIGGO KILLA

We wuz Mobla suits n shit
kiwifarms.net
>"takedown notices" which include my email address. I have been directly harassed 100s of times already.
Make it 100s +1, just enjoy the memes and hentai i sent and relax like a normal person. Oh wait he wont because mooooooo. I look forward to a reply.

lol he actually did... and forwarded it to the FBI oh noes.

and gee Roy maybe it wouldn't have resurfaced if you didnt sperg out on twitter and then again about copyright.
ps: enjoy the free forwarded hentai null
I would be happy if someone was sending me free hentai

The Un-Clit

Can you find it? come on in, look closer!
kiwifarms.net
Okay, this is ridiculous.

I'm not playing this game anymore. Service me cocksucker.
Nah, that was pretty much the internet version of the classic "I've got better things to do then waste time with this! (that I brought up in the first place)" giving up response. He might sperg at the FBI a bit, but any kind of a lolsuit.....I very much doubt it.

Last edited:

WhatNemesisMeans

Question: what kind of tranny is best ?
kiwifarms.net
Imagine growing up watching all these series portraying the FBI as this brotherhood of fearless badasses, working your way up there... only to spend all your days sitting in front of a computer chuckling at the inane demands of jobless faggot losers. No wonder they have accounts here.

Last edited:

Subconcious Offense

kiwifarms.net
I mean, really, the best solution is to not post stupid shit on the internet and then this kind of thing won't happen to you.
It may be too over his head. This is someone who "posted" something dumb IRL.

He showed up at a Tesla shareholder meeting to ask to become a CEO or something.

Is there a copy of that video? The one in the original post is "unavailable" now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino