2018-10-02 - Roy Philipose: DMCA over a tweet. -

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Poor Null is going to have to start a donation page to fund the fees of all these serious allegations against him.
Null doesn't have to do shit. If this (or any other) idiot is dumb enough to waste a federal courts time he can literally take the costs out of their hide. Most of these idiots don't have the money to pay the filing fees, let alone hire competent attorneys. And most competent attorneys would not take the case anyway. If by some miracle a lawyer was dumb enough to pursue this, Null could demand costs plus damages from the idiot lawyer instead.

Reactions: Lysol

Mr Care

my parents hit me just the right amount, thnx dad
kiwifarms.net
Whoever the fuck complains about Kiwi Farms after making an account and participating in the shitfest is probably upset because without it they'll only have those 3 other human interactions a month. crawl back into your mothers womb and die, at least that way she'll learn not to make another.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is probably the first time he's gotten real pushback on his attempts to censor things. I think reddit just rolled over whenever someone capped his homepage info.

• Agree
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Marvin and mrdk_04

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do you even copyright a tweet?
No, seriously, I'd like to know.
Your material is copyrighted by virtue of you creating it. Enforcing it is another matter. Registering a copyright is useful because you can then enforce it without needing to prove damages. In other words, if Roy had successfully registered a copyright of a given tweet (not just wrote "copyright 2016" or whatever), he could file a suit for statutory damages rather than needing to show that he had been monetarily harmed by the unauthorized copying of his material. Fair use, such as it is, still applies. Of course no one is going to try and copyright every tweet they make.

And copyright isn't for "they copied stuff I wrote (without costing me money) and said mean things about me." Then you have to pursue another legal avenue, like defamation. But of course defamation only works if it's not true information.

I'm seeing what I can all find on this guy that hasn't been deleted yet but I'm also sort of busy with a study group and making sure my kids are behaved while they're here.

His stock blog. (I'm amazed archive.li was able to archive this time, it's having issues)
http://archive.li/FYuEO

Fake company
https://royalusgroup.blogspot.com
http://archive.li/3EYQp
Will not pay you for work
https://angel.co/royalus-group/jobs
http://archive.li/0egJY
View attachment 557344
Reddit page on it
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrappyDesign/comments/27fuod/royalus_group_company_website/
Don't forget his main thread. https://kiwifarms.net/threads/roy-dr-p-philipose.7986/

Last edited:

Arctic

Grave robber of the internet
kiwifarms.net
I will never understand these "geniuses" sending a DMCA over a thread that has had no activity in years. @Null what is an average day of traffic (individual users) for a day? Because that is how many people will learn about this idiot today who would have never heard if him otherwise.

Thanks for the entertainment Roy Philipose
Roy is untouchable because everything he sends is private.

His definition of private is warped into an unreconizable mess. This is a guy who published a letter for Elon on a blog then said it was for Elon's eyes only.:story:
These people basically view DMCA as a magical incantation they can use to get rid of whatever they want. They're like the Freeman on the Land groups in that they see the law as a mystical force that they can manipulate by using certain words.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Marvin

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net

kiwifarmsfan1

kiwifarms.net
TLDR: You can use oembed to embed tweets on your forums without any issue, you may be able to screenshot them as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see what Twitter has to say about this.

The current TOS as of today is version 13
You might want to discuss with your lawyer if previous versions corresponding to the date when the tweet was copied might be applicable and give you additional rights.

Here is the part where a person who makes a tweet can commercialize their own content they tweet and twitter will not sue the person:

You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. What’s yours is yours — you own your Content (and your incorporated audio, photos and videos are considered part of the Content).​

Continuing one, here is the part that allows twitter and users of the service to retweet, quote tweet, embed, and copy the person's tweet without being sued by the person:

By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). This license authorizes us to make your Content available to the rest of the world and to let others do the same. You agree that this license includes the right for Twitter to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, promotion or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use. Such additional uses by Twitter, or other companies, organizations or individuals, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino