2018 Grammies Salt - Saltier Than A Barrel Full Of Briney Girldicks

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grammys, Emmys, Oscars... I'll never understand the desire to assign any importance to an event that's literally the most successful people in an extremely lucrative industry telling each other how awesome they are. I swear these "controversies" are invented to keep the pleebs from realizing none of this stuff matters in the real world.

Desire Lines

so long, and thanks for all the fish
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be honest, Lorde actually had a good album this year, so I understand why some people are pissed because Ed Sheeran won.
What I don't understand are people complaining about dem evil white men snubbing the awards. I just looked over them (I was actually surprised that they were better than usual) and I saw quite a lot of women in awards. I mean, do they really except for every award to be won by a woman? If so, that's sexist.

Pop-Tart

The final solution to the weeb question.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People watch the Grammies? Hasn't it been a literal joke for decades. I remember old Simpsons even making jokes about it. That said most industry awards like these are just thinly veiled marketing campaigns and circle jerks. Like the VGAs or Oscars, with nothing to be had or gained by watching or paying attention ('cept maybe drama and salt).

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
My sides, that first fucking tweet. "wtf I want segregation back now". I'm pretty fucking sure many people predicted literally exactly this would happen and were called sexist for it.
Also the typical 'think of the children' bullshit. Who is getting inspiration based on who wins Grammys? I sincerely doubt little girls are thinking 'I really like Pink and Lorde, but they aren't winning Grammys so they must be shit.'

proteus4994

kiwifarms.net
Didn't pretty much everyone say Lorde's new album really wasn't very good? I seem to vaguely remember that.

Anyway, I agree with the RIAA dude tbh. If women want to win awards they should make better music. There have been plenty of talented female artists that deserved to and have won Grammies, but fuck if I can name any this year.

Edit: However, I also agree that Ed Sheeran probably shouldn't be winning Grammies either.

Unsuspecting Koala Bear

marsupial-splaining
kiwifarms.net
There would definitely be more fairness in separating the sexes for these awards, men are almost always better at music, comedy, philosophy, art, literature, etc than women. I think it's interesting that Sheryl Crow believes that women need inspiration from other women to do things themselves. God forbid a woman learns anything from or gets inspired by a man.

"I'm not sure it is about women needing to 'step up', (as said by the male in charge)."

:suffering:
lolwut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None