2018 Grammies Salt - Saltier Than A Barrel Full Of Briney Girldicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't pretty much everyone say Lorde's new album really wasn't very good? I seem to vaguely remember that.

Anyway, I agree with the RIAA dude tbh. If women want to win awards they should make better music. There have been plenty of talented female artists that deserved to and have won Grammies, but fuck if I can name any this year.

Edit: However, I also agree that Ed Sheeran probably shouldn't be winning Grammies either.
They're not pumping out Mariah Careys or other great female leads anymore. Hell, Beyonce didn't deserve any of the grammies she won, her music was shit after she left Destiny's child. Kelly Clarkson can sing but her music is just meh. Kesha has always been an untalented skank with the face of a Tibetan Sand Fox, her only real claim to fame was her exageratted dispute involving Dr. Luke. Miley is just a walking dumpster with the talent of Bjork's farts.

proteus4994

kiwifarms.net
I can't help but wonder if Bruno Mars has already melted down his Grammy and turned it into something you can snort coke with

Edit:
They're not pumping out Mariah Careys or other great female leads anymore. Hell, Beyonce didn't deserve any of the grammies she won, her music was shit after she left Destiny's child. Kelly Clarkson can sing but her music is just meh. Kesha has always been an untalented skank with the face of a Tibetan Sand Fox, her only real claim to fame was her exageratted dispute involving Dr. Luke. Miley is just a walking dumpster with the talent of Bjork's farts.
Agree but :powerlevel:

I actually thought Bangerz was a really great pop album. Wrecking Ball was probably the worst song on the album. I think Miley's actually got talent, it's just overshadowed by her EDGY ATTITUDE. Now that she's kinda going back to her roots both in terms of attitude and music, she could potentially do some pretty good stuff. I'll give her a chance.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
And remember, THESE are the people Democrats think they look good if photographed next to. Because the dumb plebs in Omaha who don't have a job will surely be so enamored by the likes of these whiny pissed off millionaires that they'd have to be RACIST to not vote for you if they say a good word!

Trump 2020 here we come.

xxXDxx

just magic, ain't gotta explain shit
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile weebs are just butthurt that the K-pop guy who committed suicide wasn't included in the Grammy's "In Memoriam" segment.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/8096871/jonghyun-excluded-grammys-in-memoriam-montage-twitter-reactions-shinee

How "gross and pathetic" of them, to not include a celebrity that only 2% of the audience has even heard of.
to be fair the only way the grannies could improve would be to ignore what they think is their audience and just focus on actually good music

Jozef

kiwifarms.net
Nothing new, just a bunch of cunts looking for excuses to complain. If the award went to a woman, they'd be complaining that it didn't go to a black woman... etc.

I will never be used to knowing that there are people that actually give a shit about the Grammys.

I mean... the year Nevermind came out, they gave the best rock performance by a group award to Bonnie Rait.
Yea, and you still hear Nirvana on the radio every day, and even teenagers today still listen to them. Bonnie Rait still gets played, but on the muzak system at Goodwill and the tape deck in a middle aged woman's K-car.
Further proof that it's just a stupid award ceremony that most people only watch for some of the musical acts.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
I will never be used to knowing that there are people that actually give a shit about the Grammys.

I mean... the year Nevermind came out, they gave the best rock performance by a group award to Bonnie Rait.
Don't forget the time they awarded fucking Jethro Tull the first Best Hard Rock/Metal Award over Metallica. I mean, even if you don't like Metallica, there's no reason Jethro Tull should have won that award in particular. I don't think the people running the Grammies really know what the hell they're doing half the time.

DerSandstrom

Gendergaseous Peter-pansexual
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget the time they awarded fucking Jethro Tull the first Best Hard Rock/Metal Award over Metallica. I mean, even if you don't like Metallica, there's no reason Jethro Tull should have won that award in particular. I don't think the people running the Grammies really know what the hell they're doing half the time.
The year Jethro Tull won the award was also the year Metallica released "...And Justice for All". That's all you need to know.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
The year Jethro Tull won the award was also the year Metallica released "...And Justice for All". That's all you need to know.
It was also the first year the Grammys even had a Hard Rock/Metal award, introduced in part because of the landmark releases a few years earlier by metal bands (remember that Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, Reign in Blood, and Master of Puppets all came out within six months of each other) that finally legitimized the genre in the Academy's eyes to offer the award.

....which they then promptly gave to Jethro Tull.

Tbh I can't recall a single song that was performed by a female artist this year. Bruno Mars' stuff is just catchy, keep up, ladies.
SZA's album CTRL was my personal pick for best R&B album, especially since 24K Magic is only barely an R&B album in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Beanie

Oscar Wildean

Bitchiest motherfucker in town.
kiwifarms.net
Beck deserved the Grammy that he got when he beat Beyonce that year. He's a superior musician and actually can play instruments, unlike Beyonce who has tons of people do her work for her. That was the dumbest outrage out of all the moments when Beyonce lost a Grammy.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was also the first year the Grammys even had a Hard Rock/Metal award, introduced in part because of the landmark releases a few years earlier by metal bands (remember that Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, Reign in Blood, and Master of Puppets all came out within six months of each other) that finally legitimized the genre in the Academy's eyes to offer the award.

SZA's album CTRL was my personal pick for best R&B album, especially since 24K Magic is only barely an R&B album in the first place.
Sza's music is great, but the lyrics for "the weekend" just define everything that is wrong about the black community.

Don’t you dare shit on Single Ladies!
Anything that puts fat drag queens in leotards deserves a razzie.

• Agree
Reactions: Cummunism

Maggots on a Train

kiwifarms.net

I didn't even care enough about the Grammies to know, but damn. It's really indicative of the death grip baby boomers tried to hold over culture long after they were past their prime.

At least in the sixties older people had the good sense to go with the flow. Once boomers got hold of the reigns they went SHUT IT DOWN and nobody ever got in another word until msm became obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino