2019-01-20 - Cory Machado: "Retraction Demand and Notice of Potential Legal Action" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fool

kiwifarms.net
Someone in the legal thread theorized this is an attention grab, considering he knew about the thread for a year and did nothing until now, which I at first agreed with.

But now I think the reason this is so late is because right now he's trying to clean up his internet history and put some spit-shine on his persona. Why would he do that now? He's probably planning something, most likely a new scam. More headphones and energy drinks? Maybe he wants to sell MachadoConsoles next.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Someone in the legal thread theorized this is an attention grab, considering he knew about the thread for a year and did nothing until now, which I at first agreed with.

But now I think the reason this is so late is because right now he's trying to clean up his internet history and put some spit-shine on his persona. Why would he do that now? He's probably planning something, most likely a new scam. More headphones and energy drinks? Maybe he wants to sell MachadoConsoles next.
I can only guess that he's trying and failing to get booked as a wrestler in other promotions.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, and apparently not one associated with Internet stupidity up until this point. He is licensed in California and a graduate of the rather well regarded Columbia Law School, an Ivy League school generally considered Top Five.

email obfuscated for anti-spam although it is his first and last name and is a Yahoo email address.

Degree aside, he kinda looks like a tard-potato.
I guess maybe we shouldn't judge as he probably makes a fair amount of money off cows by sending bullshit legal threats.

This is my attempt to make it legible. It uses 100 synonyms for every word so I just remove them.
I guess, after de-tarding the law, it's not necessarily trying to tell me I can't post it, rather this isn't an admission of guilt of anything.
Attempts to reach settlements are generally inadmissible (otherwise no one would be able to offer settlements for fear of the other party saying in front of the jury"hey, they know they're guilty, they offered $20!) and I think he's just crossing his T on that document to make sure. At least he didn't try sending a bogus legal disclaimer at the bottom trying to imply you can't publish it.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I guess, after de-tarding the law, it's not necessarily trying to tell me I can't post it, rather this isn't an admission of guilt of anything.
You generally can't unilaterally fob off an agreement on someone by just sending them something anyway. This isn't the first time I've seen someone attempt to make a "confidentiality" claim like that imply that you can't post it. It's somewhat embarrassing, but not as bad as the idiots who send legal threats and claim you can't post them because they're copyrighted.

It's just inadmissible as evidence of liability or lack of liability or [bunch of verbiage]. If it is admissible for some other reason, such as showing that a party sent or received something or was aware of something on a certain date, it still isn't to be used as evidence of [all the stuff in the statute].

1) The thread in question should be featured simultaneously with the thread about the lawyer contacting Null.

2) We should add a sub-forum about lawyer-lolcows that attempted to poorly intimidate Null into deleting threads.
There's nothing all that interesting as of yet.

Also, Vemma is a scam and an illegal pyramid scheme and anyone who was involved with it at any point is either a scammer themselves or, more likely a fool who got suckered by scammers.

The first half of that sentence is just a fact, and the FTC said it right here: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/08/ftc-acts-halt-vemma-alleged-pyramid-scheme

There it is: "illegal pyramid scheme."

The second is opinion. Cory Machado is at best a fool who got suckered by a scam, just based on his involvement in the Vemma illegal pyramid scheme.

Based on his hiring someone to write this letter, though, he is also a fucking idiot.

Yellow Yam Scam

She'd better stop. She'd better stop.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It's actually not the first time he's done anything - just the first time that Null made a thread for it. He had some private detective contact Null with pseudolegal threats in the past as well. I have those screenshots @Null if you want me to post them.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

ARGLEBARGLEBARGLE
kiwifarms.net
@AnOminous I just noticed this document tries to warn it's privileged communication under California Evidence Code § 1152. The law is actually really badly written and it's impossible to figure out what the fuck it's trying to say. It's some of the worst legalese I've ever seen.
https://law.onecle.com/california/evidence/1152.html

This is my attempt to make it legible. It uses 100 synonyms for every word so I just remove them.

You forgot to sign it:

The Un-Clit

Can you find it? come on in, look closer!
kiwifarms.net
Yes, and apparently not one associated with Internet stupidity up until this point. He is licensed in California and a graduate of the rather well regarded Columbia Law School, an Ivy League school generally considered Top Five.

email obfuscated for anti-spam although it is his first and last name and is a Yahoo email address.

His school may be considered top five, but I am pretty sure he must have graduated in the bottom five of his class. I can't believe that any real lawyer worthy of the name would stick his dick into a hornet's nest like this.

He must have either a/ not done any due diligence as was already noted, or b/ he owes Corey one HELL of a big favour.

Reactions: The Fool

Rat Speaker

Taxes are stealing, assholes.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Deja vu. This is just like the Shaner thread with Hy. Complete moron somehow hires actual competent lawyer who somehow makes themself look fucking stupid af. Fucking weird. Its a total guess but im gonna say the lawyer knows Cory's family somehow and did this as a favor. Dude spent no time looking into anything other then the bare surface and sent a a dipshit letter sounding like a first year ambulance chaser.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
His school may be considered top five, but I am pretty sure he must have graduated in the bottom five of his class. I can't believe that any real lawyer worthy of the name would stick his dick into a hornet's nest like this.
Lots of lawyers will send a C&D out pretty cheaply in the hopes that it turns into something more. If your client's case is lame shit, the letter is going to look the same.

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I'm convinced there's no possible way that could be a real lawyer. Just look at that fucking prison scratch signature!!! My handwriting is terrible and even I can write a better sig than that. Combined with that hilarious portrait he reminds me of those loan scam people who have convincing sites and contracts but then try to get you to pay a deposit to "verify your first few payments".

And yeah, as others have mentioned, his thread being dead for ages. If he cared that much, he'd have done this a long time ago. He'd still have lost, but he'd still have a bit more credibility (a bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino