2019-03-15 - Christchurch Complaints -

Annie

Fire-Bear Cyberbully Girl
kiwifarms.net
I always thought the "Don't say the shooter name" is kind of a deadname thing. Like, if you deadname, people won't get inspired to try that for their own fame and/or let fangirls send him love letters or money if he's sent to jail. Don't let him get 'famous' and all that.
It's a nice try, but no attempt can completely stop this sort of thing.
The MSM not saying his name/some random fuckwits on the internet not saying his name will not stop those obsessed with mass shooters or otherwise from learning his name. His name will always be on sites dedicated to preserving facts and uncensored discussion of events.

I just think the whole thing is futile, not that they don't have good intentions or something.

Ad Lib Moaning

kiwifarms.net
I just think the whole thing is futile, not that they don't have good intentions or something.
Fair point. I just can't be bothered to remember his full name, there's so many names I can remember. Only saving grace is that "Brenton" is kind of a semi-common name.
Still, we're just here to know of information going about and laugh at him.

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always thought the "Don't say the shooter name" is kind of a deadname thing. Like, if you deadname, people won't get inspired to try that for their own fame and/or let fangirls send him love letters or money if he's sent to jail. Don't let him get 'famous' and all that.
It's a nice try, but no attempt can completely stop this sort of thing.
Gavin DeBecker was the first person I heard come up with that sort of approach decades ago, but these people saying "don't watch! don't share!" aren't actually listening to him. He never said to not name the person or talk about what they did, it was to change the narrative so that most of the coverage is about the people that they killed, and that the coverage of perpetrators was purposely emasculating. He started with the knowledge of the exact kind of loser that thinks that it would be cool to be a mass shooter. He said not to put up photos of the shooter if you could help it, but if they were still alive to make sure that they were handled roughly by lady cops when they do the perp walk. Potential mass shooters really want to be seen as dangerous, they really want attention, and so the normal news coverage makes them envious. If anything making a video of what they did illegal/infamous increases the perception of being dangerous, the footage is streisanding right now. Actually looking at what they did shows how cowardly it is. These are the kind of losers that need to be told explicitly "most people think mass shooters are cowardly losers" so they don't mistakenly think being all over the news makes someone cool/popular. I don't know how much the news can help now though because of the gross communities of fan girls for mass shooters (hybristophiliacs).

It's something to try I guess. The news media used to make sensationalized reports about suicide until they were told by psychiatric authorities that they were making the problem worse. After some guidelines were created to try and reign in suicide contagion, the media could still report without making any vulnerable individuals decide to neck themselves.

Who cares if this shit is spread around. The footage is no differant than some drone cam from the Pentagon.... .gov is the undisputed king of airing footage of dead Muslims...the thing is...they want a narrative. They cant makeup whatever they want if the facts are out. This guy was a nut... but he needs to be a bible thumping trumpkin to push the agenda

Also...like not sharing the footage was going to stop some goat fucker from slitting a bus full of european childrens throats...morons

Blotto

My name is Otto! I love to get blotto!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also...like not sharing the footage was going to stop some goat fucker from slitting a bus full of european childrens throats...morons
Apologize for double posting.
I never got the whole "don't say the shooter's name" or "don't share the video of the event" things. This is a fucking massive event that needs to be discussed, not Harry Potter. There's no reason to tiptoe around the shooter's name or DFE about them, none of that shit poses immediate public danger and even forwards the conversation about what happened in some cases.
It’s more to do with how the media went over mass shooters in the past. Columbine is a good example. The media went on and on about it for months, trying to understand why it happened. Information about their movements, what they used, what their personal lives were, ended up turning the shooters into legends which was what they wanted. Now they’re viewed as antihero bad boys, you only need to look as far as tumblr to see how many young people still worship them. The ones who get the most media coverage, Roof, Lanza, TJ Lane, etc tend to be the ones talked about. When other shootings happen they’re mentioned in these circles and fade away after a few days. But the infamous ones are talked about indefinitely. They also inspire copycats, if I remember right Lanza had a boner for the columbine shooters as an example.

All that being said, it still needs to be discussed and touch on the underlying mental health issues that cause these dumbfucks to take up arms. But all that tends to be butchered anyway since actual psychologists can lose their lisences for speculating on public figures. It’s all really fuckin dumb and censoring it won’t do shit. It just makes it appeal more to downtrodden outcasts who will identify with these morons. Of course I wouldn’t be surprised if this was intentional on their parts, more shooters = more stories. But that’s a conspiracy for another day.

TLDR; the media has repeatedly fucked up and turns certain shooters into antiheroes, making ‘outcasts’ want to be like them. Instead of getting informed speakers you have dumbasses generalizing shit. Censoring it won’t help at all and will just make it more a of a forbidden fruit.

yawning sneasel

Furministrator
Staff Member
Community Admin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really doubt that saying/not saying the name of mass murderers is gonna prevent mass murder and the idea that it "adds to the likelihood" I really don't buy either. Killing a bunch of people is a pretty big decision to make and while it could be a way of pushing your manifesto, the manifesto is probably just an excuse for killing a bunch of people.

Ad Lib Moaning

kiwifarms.net
Gavin DeBecker was the first person I heard come up with that sort of approach decades ago, but these people saying "don't watch! don't share!" aren't actually listening to him. He never said to not name the person or talk about what they did, it was to change the narrative so that most of the coverage is about the people that they killed, and that the coverage of perpetrators was purposely emasculating. [...]
I havent watched most of the sort since I can't really take (real life) gore. Well, I have but most of the stuff are kind of 'off-screen' (9/11, people shot but didn't show the bullet or fell in a certain way, people getting run by cars but the hit is 'hidden' by the car going so fast, dust, or said person flipping in a way that you can't see the damage and so on).
I think the biggest example of what you said was the news revealed of Couch Cuck got blocked by a couch and there was all that was said about him, even replacing his name. The majority of everything else reported was the two students who tried to stop him but lost their lives and the people who blocked him with a couch.
There was also the Vegas (?) shooter who was also reported to actually genuinely regret his actions too when he got caught and thrown to jail for life(?).
So on so forth, because I can obviously know they're cowards.

Things I'm confused on is the fangirls and Brenton himself.
I thought reporting about the fangirls giving love letters would actually make the fangirls ashamed and make everyone avoid them like the plague and/or laugh at them and push them. Somehow, it doesn't work. The fangirls just continue whatever they're doing. It's kind of interesting how and why they continue when they obviously know it gets them isolated from everyone. It's like an odd sort of Stockholm Syndrome/mad love combo.
For Brenton, guy obviously know what he was doing in the video. He didn't fumble, get excited, and whatever else pusedo-shooters do. Still, he's a coward for targetting innocent civilians and a loser for ruining memes but he actually got what he was doing in his shooting. I think this would be a mixed bag.

Blotto

My name is Otto! I love to get blotto!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Things I'm confused on is the fangirls and Brenton himself.
I thought reporting about the fangirls giving love letters would actually make the fangirls ashamed and make everyone avoid them like the plague and/or laugh at them and push them. Somehow, it doesn't work. The fangirls just continue whatever they're doing. It's kind of interesting how and why they continue when they obviously know it gets them isolated from everyone. It's like an odd sort of Stockholm Syndrome/mad love combo.
hybristophilia is a real thing, sadly. But it’s so uncommon that it would only account for some of the fangirls. Some of them are young, stupid and attracted to ‘bad boys’, some are just desperate women who want any man or any attention, and some want the infamy and attention of being the partner of a killer. I’ve heard stories of criminals giving away love letters to other prisoners, even pedophiles for them to respond lewdly. It is perplexing though, no one with half a brain would want to be part of this shitshow.

Insane. It's amazing how the farms is slowly becoming one of those places to find primary source information on these widely suppressed events. Null, you should think about getting more servers, this site is becoming more important than ever.
When my brother asked me where they could find the video i told them to come here...i didnt even check the farms...i already knew within 5 minutes of the incident everything about this guy and all of his internet history was in a thread

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net

Exactly what I want from game “journalists”, moral preaching from crowd that’s morally and ethically bankrupt and contributing to this outrage culture that drives crazies to shoot up a mosque.

Edit: I don’t think the left was nearly this outraged over islamist clerics, YouTube, forums, etc that radicalize Muslims to fly off to Syria and fight with ISIS or bomb tourist hotels, kidnap children, slaughter innocent journalists, blow up airplanes etc. Fucking hypocrites.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino