2019-03-15 - Christchurch Complaints -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fuck does Texas have to do with any of this?

Edit: tweet finally loaded. They want it for training material.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it would be good to do a post-mortem thread about this once it's died down a bit.

27k guests and a million views had a huge impact on the forums and our ability to record stuff in real time, and if hard censorship starts kicking in as a response to this then we're going to have to deal with big influxes of randos when these events happen in the future.

Megaroad

Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 695666

Exactly what I want from game “journalists”, moral preaching from crowd that’s morally and ethically bankrupt and contributing to this outrage culture that drives crazies to shoot up a mosque.

Edit: I don’t think the left was nearly this outraged over islamist clerics, YouTube, forums, etc that radicalize Muslims to fly off to Syria and fight with ISIS or bomb tourist hotels, kidnap children, slaughter innocent journalists, blow up airplanes etc. Fucking hypocrites.
He can eat a dick. I legit feel bad for Felix for getting name dropped.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net
Here's how I look at the "naming mass murderers" thing.

I think it is a mistake to think that they are looking for attention, in the sense that they want their name to become world famous.

What they want is certain people to know of their actions. People aligned with them, people who share their ideology, people whom they shitpost with on 8chan or wherever.

A media ban on their names doesn't prevent them from getting such notoriety among the people who matter to them. It prevents John and Jane Doe from knowing who they are, but the shooters don't care about them. So while good-intentioned (as many bad ideas are), a media blackout on the names of mass shooters will have zero effect on mass shootings. If someone plans a mass shooting, they are not gonna think "damn, my name won't get in the paper, I guess I will call this off" But such a ban would create muddiness in reporting the story, which helps nobody.

If you want to stop shootings like this one, you have to address the real root causes, and unfortunately those root causes are myriad and difficult to solve. Short of banning the internet itself, this kind of thing will always happen. And even without the internet, they will happen.

JimmerSnail

Waaaay too serious
kiwifarms.net
Subject: Terrorists kiwifarms.net
Why are you hosting a terrorists website kiwifarms.net
Is this really something you want to be associated with.
Be better human beings. Don't tolerate white supremacists terrorists.
Fuck, I was about to ask about those 24 crates of C4 to make that kindergarten disappear, but I saw that sudden price spike.
Not cool man, not cool. Imma rate this seller 4 out of 20.

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think it is a mistake to think that they are looking for attention, in the sense that they want their name to become world famous.

What they want is certain people to know of their actions. People aligned with them, people who share their ideology, people whom they shitpost with on 8chan or wherever.

A media ban on their names doesn't prevent them from getting such notoriety among the people who matter to them. It prevents John and Jane Doe from knowing who they are, but the shooters don't care about them. So while good-intentioned (as many bad ideas are), a media blackout on the names of mass shooters will have zero effect on mass shootings. If someone plans a mass shooting, they are not gonna think "damn, my name won't get in the paper, I guess I will call this off" But such a ban would create muddiness in reporting the story, which helps nobody.

If you want to stop shootings like this one, you have to address the real root causes, and unfortunately those root causes are myriad and difficult to solve. Short of banning the internet itself, this kind of thing will always happen. And even without the internet, they will happen.
I think they choose to put a blackout on this because it's the one part about this situation that they can control.

Kamikaze

kiwifarms.net

These are the same sort of people who thought twitter would end all dictatorships worldwide. It's all about posturing and messaging with these folks, never about root causes, legitimate human suffering, etc.

Remember how excited they were about the Arab Spring? And we ended up with ISIS.

https://mic.com/articles/10642/twitter-revolution-how-the-arab-spring-was-helped-by-social-media#.19SbpRTg6

SaysWho

kiwifarms.net
Who cares if this shit is spread around. The footage is no differant than some drone cam from the Pentagon.... .gov is the undisputed king of airing footage of dead Muslims...the thing is...they want a narrative. They cant makeup whatever they want if the facts are out. This guy was a nut... but he needs to be a bible thumping trumpkin to push the agenda

Also...like not sharing the footage was going to stop some goat fucker from slitting a bus full of european childrens throats...morons
Yep, watching people jump to their deaths from the World Trade Centre, women being stoned to death, or people burnt to death in cages is way, way worse. At least these poor souls did not suffer after experiencing only a few moments of awareness & terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino