2019-04-18 - Russell Greer: (Incomplete) DMCA Takedown Notice

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryin RN

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Somebody needs to shop that header into "Danger to Women"

AbraCadaver

Important and Neat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tay Tay herself, of course.

He'd sue Hillary Clinton for 'blockout' if it was his meanson.

Love you, and I

To this day, this is my favourite of Shitelips's dance gifs. It's the little jump and 'gotcha' gun at the end. Every time, I chuckle. EVERY time.
How does someone fuck up the running man, like just HOW

Funky Monkey

kiwifarms.net
He should be thanking us. If wasn't for the farms, no one would have listened to his awful music.

Hey now, I am sure at least one of the interns who are tasked with running Taylor Swift's social media actually took the time to laugh at his magnum opus.

Mysterious Capitalist

Collect [REDACTED] as you pass
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to assume that, since people posted his copyrighted stuff without changing it, that the DMCA would be justified (if written correctly) and the posts removed.

My question is: is there a non 0 probability that those users could see legal repercussions if Greer wanted to go after them that way? Or would he have only the power to remove the incriminating posts?

I'm not well versed in this field, so I apologize if my questions are obvious to someone more experienced than me.

AnOminous

See you in the funny papers.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to assume that, since people posted his copyrighted stuff without changing it, that the DMCA would be justified (if written correctly) and the posts removed.

My question is: is there a non 0 probability that those users could see legal repercussions if Greer wanted to go after them that way? Or would he have only the power to remove the incriminating posts?

I'm not well versed in this field, so I apologize if my questions are obvious to someone more experienced than me.

I don't even see any links to the book in the OP of the thread any more, much less the book itself. Nor can I find them from Russhole's fucked up failure of a DMCA. You have to provide the url so the ISP (in this case nool) can actually find what you're claiming is infringing.

Russhole has so far refused to do that.

Ronnie Rocket

an irksome brawling scold
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't even see any links to the book in the OP of the thread any more, much less the book itself. Nor can I find them from Russhole's fucked up failure of a DMCA. You have to provide the url so the ISP (in this case nool) can actually find what you're claiming is infringing.

If he did so then he would be admitting that he reads the thread.

Mysterious Capitalist

Collect [REDACTED] as you pass
kiwifarms.net

I remember someone posted the full song in his thread, though, and that's part of the DMCA (I checked and the song is still there to download)

Besides, this doesn't answer my questions about if/how the poster could be legally in trouble for posting copyright protected stuff. I suppose they have nothing to fear, but you never know with frivolous litigants.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
I remember someone posted the full song in his thread, though, and that's part of the DMCA (I checked and the song is still there to download)

Besides, this doesn't answer my questions about if/how the poster could be legally in trouble for posting copyright protected stuff. I suppose they have nothing to fear, but you never know with frivolous litigants.
The individual poster's info could get subpoenaed, but Null would probably just take the infringing content down and tell people to link to offsite hosts. All you need to do is get rid of the specific content and you're fine.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How does someone fuck up the running man, like just HOW

I have no idea how that got into my post, it snuck in from a partially written other post, and I had more then a few wobbly pops when I had posted that reply which was pointless anyway. I nuked the original post, but thank you for preserving my drunken shame.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
The individual poster's info could get subpoenaed, but Null would probably just take the infringing content down and tell people to link to offsite hosts. All you need to do is get rid of the specific content and you're fine.
Linking to an offsite host can still be subject to a DMCA takedown, I believe. An example would be when you search on Google and you see a message saying that some results have been removed due to a DMCA takedown.

'course, that just means that someone would have to follow an extra link to find the content, unless you also file a DMCA takedown and get the content removed from the external site which was hosting it so the link no longer works.

Status
Not open for further replies.