2019-04-18 - Russell Greer: (Incomplete) DMCA Takedown Notice

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Ok, so this is a risk that exists, however small it could be. That's what I was curious about, thanks.
Just to be clear, this usually only happens if the site refuses to take down the infringing content. I'm not a lawyer, but from the copyright cases I've read about in the past, the trajectory seems to be:

1. Ask for specific things to be removed by the webmaster
  2. If the webmaster says it's not his problem, then you go to court to find the person who uploaded it.
  3. If you find them, you sue that person.

All these steps require proof of infringement, a valid legal argument, and various other basic steps of the court process that Russell has proven himself completely unable to produce. If he insists on continuing this, he needs to meet the first step before anything else can happen- something he still hasn't even done!

downloads

kiwifarms.net
Russ is never going to follow up, he didn’t read the email Null sent him. That’s his standard MO, he’s too much of a coward, same reason he doesn’t respond to notices from the courts when he fucks filings up.

Apteryx Owenii

Happy to no longer have CWC-related username
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just to be clear, this usually only happens if the site refuses to take down the infringing content. I'm not a lawyer, but from the copyright cases I've read about in the past, the trajectory seems to be:

1. Ask for specific things to be removed by the webmaster
  2. If the webmaster says it's not his problem, then you go to court to find the person who uploaded it.
  3. If you find them, you sue that person.
All these steps require proof of infringement, a valid legal argument, and various other basic steps of the court process that Russell has proven himself completely unable to produce. If he insists on continuing this, he needs to meet the first step before anything else can happen- something he still hasn't even done!

There have been suits without a DMCA takedown issued first, though I think it's rare- you don't have to go the DMCA takedown route before a suit. If you do sue without a takedown notice you have to go after the uploader\poster though because the site maintains safe harbor until you issue a takedown to them. Russ is likely not competent enough to go through the motions to identify and sue a user here, especially since a lot of info has been getting zeroed regularly because of that New Zealand mess. But still a good idea to use a VPN right?

If you, a copyright holder, send a proper DMCA takedown notice and the webmaster (owner, etc) says it's not his problem... it becomes his problem. By disregarding a properly formatted DMCA notice the website surrenders its safe harbor status if a court finds that the material hosted is infringing on a legit registered copyright. Null did this with Roy because Roy's takedown notices were spurious and he had no case.

Linking as contributory infringement is a more complicated area which makes it all the less likely that someone like Russ would be able to figure it out. Probably not a good idea to embed media that is clearly an infringement even if it's hosted somewhere else, though.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know we are doubtful that Russ will ever follow up on this, but we should probably not explain the proper way to do things. If he wants to bully the farms to take it down, let him figure it out.

A judge literally lined out every step Russell would have to take to sue Taylor Swift, and he still tried to do it his way.

Russ will not follow our instructions. His inflated ego will not allow it.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
(Added to the OP.)

Subject: Re: DMCA Takedown Notice to Immediately Remove my Copyrighted Material
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:41:55 -0600
To: Null <null@kiwifarms.net>

Josh,

Respectfully, I don’t need to. It’s your duty to investigate my claims upon written notice.

Sent from my iPhone

---

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:52:08 -0600

There are so many hate filled, slanderous threads about me that I do not know the exact location of where it is on your site. All I know is that two people have said that the book is on the site and so is the song:

[large, blank space omitted]

Sent from my iPhone

---

To: Russell Greer <russell.greer.28@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 07:57:13 +0300

that is absolutely not how it works and you can literally eat shit you gimpyfaced exceptional individual

put this in your lawsuit cuck

Apteryx Owenii

Happy to no longer have CWC-related username
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A judge literally lined out every step Russell would have to take to sue Taylor Swift, and he still tried to do it his way.

Russ will not follow our instructions. His inflated ego will not allow it.
As evidenced by the very post below yours.

Russ is an idiot that thinks he's a genius. One of us could literally type up a correctly formatted DMCA for him and he would somehow fuck it up because he wouldn't think it was 'good enough' without more plight. And the bottom line of all the posts that go through what Russ would have to do is that even if he did it, it would be a phyric victory anyway.

Kamov Ka-52

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
(Added to the OP.)

Josh,

Respectfully, I don’t need to. It’s your duty to investigate my claims upon written notice.

Sent from my iPhone

---

There are so many hate filled, slanderous threads about me that I do not know the exact location of where it is on your site. All I know is that two people have said that the book is on the site and so is the song:

Sent from my iPhone

---

that is absolutely not how it works and you can literally eat shit you gimpyfaced exceptional individual

:story:

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
(Added to the OP.)

Josh,

Sent from my iPhone

---

Sent from my iPhone

---

God I love it when I'm right.

Nothing will ever destroy the Greer ego.

Last edited:

"I'M SAD, I WANT A GUN"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Josh,

Sent from my iPhone
burden of proof to this dick

downloads

kiwifarms.net

I am so happy I was wrong. And the dingus still doesn’t know the difference between slander and libel.

Angry New Ager

AM BABY.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Sent from my iPhone
As if I wasn't laughing hard enough at this exceptional legal mind's belief that it's Null's job--nay, his duty--to find the appropriate links on his behalf, this shit had me literally bouncing and squeaking with mirth.

He's not actually a boomer, but god damn, son--figure out how to delete that stupid, annoying "Sent from my iPhone" signature, already. It tells the world one of two things: either that you've got the tech savvy of a 75-year-old with dementia, or that you're the kind of person who thinks having an iPhone marks you as so cool, you have to let everybody know you have one with each email you send.

Status
Not open for further replies.