2019-04-18 - Russell Greer: (Incomplete) DMCA Takedown Notice

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
(Added to the OP.)

Subject: Re: DMCA Takedown Notice to Immediately Remove my Copyrighted Material
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:41:55 -0600
To: Null <null@kiwifarms.net>

Josh,

Respectfully, I don’t need to. It’s your duty to investigate my claims upon written notice.

Sent from my iPhone

---

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:52:08 -0600

There are so many hate filled, slanderous threads about me that I do not know the exact location of where it is on your site. All I know is that two people have said that the book is on the site and so is the song:

[large, blank space omitted]

Sent from my iPhone

---

To: Russell Greer <russell.greer.28@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 07:57:13 +0300

that is absolutely not how it works and you can literally eat shit you gimpyfaced exceptional individual

put this in your lawsuit cuck
"Why I sued Taylor Swift... and then Joshua Moon"

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As if I wasn't laughing hard enough at this exceptional legal mind's belief that it's Null's job--nay, his duty--to find the appropriate links on his behalf, this shit had me literally bouncing and squeaking with mirth.

He's not actually a boomer, but god damn, son--figure out how to delete that stupid, annoying "Sent from my iPhone" signature, already. It tells the world one of two things: either that you've got the tech savvy of a 75-year-old with dementia, or that you're the kind of person who thinks having an iPhone marks you as so cool, you have to let everybody know you have one with each email you send.

Thanks for shaming me into finally getting rid of my 'sent from my Samsung etc' phone-e-mail tagline.

I left it on because I didn't give a shit. Until now I never thought about what anyone else thought about it.

If I could find and fix within 1 minute, Russ can manage it too. :lol: ya, right, he'll be on the phone to Apple screaming about his plights, and the 'sent from my Iphone' tagline literally force-fed him a crap-burger.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
So he spent the last 2 days trying to find the links, failed, then tried to tell Null to just do it for him :story:
He truly is the lolcow that keeps on giving
He still hasn’t cottened on to the fact that the person you’re “suing” has no obligation to help you in that suit save a subpoena. It’s stunning. It’s hilarious. Rusty, please give us more of this!

SmileyTimeDayCare

This is pleasure!
kiwifarms.net
(Added to the OP.)

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:41:55 -0600

Josh,

Respectfully, I don’t need to. It’s your duty to investigate my claims upon written notice.

Sent from my iPhone

---

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:52:08 -0600

There are so many hate filled, slanderous threads about me that I do not know the exact location of where it is on your site. All I know is that two people have said that the book is on the site and so is the song:

[large, blank space omitted]

Sent from my iPhone

---

To: Russell Greer <russell.greer.28@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 07:57:13 +0300

that is absolutely not how it works and you can literally eat shit you gimpyfaced exceptional individual

put this in your lawsuit cuck

Can one be a cuck if one has never had a relationship?

Henry Fondle

kiwifarms.net
Can one be a cuck if one has never had a relationship?

This reminds me about his fb relationship status. do you think he's referring to taylor or the hookers?

Slimy Time

Foot fetish gone too far.
kiwifarms.net
Paralegal...and doesn't know the burden of proof is on him.
When he sues, which we know he will do because he is a litigious spastic, I hope someone decides to appear in court to report back on.
We know this cuck shuts down when any criticism is leveled at him, and I would love to have someone report on him crying like a bitch after a judge blows him the fuck out.

niggers

GOT A FEELING I CAN'T SHAKE IT
kiwifarms.net
he's gonna find the posts, link them, and then fuck up the addressing by using a UPS store instead of his home

which means he'll have to try again, meaning that our paralegal will have improperly submitted his DMCA request 7 fucking times

russell, sue the mormon college that allowed you to graduate. you might actually have a case there.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tastefully gobbled during November. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net

Without knowing the nuances of DMCA law, I imagine one of the requirements is an exact URL because:
  1. It gives the person tasked with investigating the complaint an easier time looking through content - which in this case is voluminous - and perform a prompt investigation, and
  2. If there truly is content subject to a DMCA request at the link(s) in question, it can be addressed or removed as quickly as possible.
With Russ seemingly having enough time to compose his word salad legal briefs for his various fail-suits, you'd think he'd devote just as much time scouring his thread for the offending links to include in a DMCA request. But that makes too much sense, and "sense" and "Russ" tend to be mutually exclusive concepts, amirite?

Apteryx Owenii

Happy to no longer have CWC-related username
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who told Russ about content on the farms anyway? Think it’s the same asshole who was posting in his thread while simultaneously pretending to be his friend?

He googles himself so much that there's no way to know it wasn't him. Let's be honest, he's more famous with us than anyone else.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
He could always file improperly and then get it thrown out, like those wacky Messianic Jews from Appalachia.
"Could"? This is Russell Greer we're talking about. He's filed a few lawsuits in his life... none of them properly.
Without knowing the nuances of DMCA law, I imagine one of the requirements is an exact URL because:
  1. It gives the person tasked with investigating the complaint an easier time looking through content - which in this case is voluminous - and perform a prompt investigation, and
  2. If there truly is content subject to a DMCA request at the link(s) in question, it can be addressed or removed as quickly as possible.
The requirement is "information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material".

Hell, actually, I'm looking at it right now, so let's just go through each of the elements.

(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Good job Russ! You got this one right.

(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.

I am no lawyer but it looks like Russ fulfills this one also. I guess some of the online "how to DMCA" guides combine this requirement with the next one - I originally thought they were one element, but the law breaks them into two.

(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.

Not even remotely close. "It's there, search for it" is not reasonably sufficient to permit Null to locate it. You have to give the exact links, Russ! You linked to the whole thread; the whole thread isn't infringing, and if it takes more than 5 seconds for Null to even see the content, much less figure out whether it's the specific content that you claim infringes, ... yeah, no. That's just not reasonably sufficient.

(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.

There's a common belief that a complaining party has to dox themselves in order to file a proper DMCA takedown. I don't really see it. I'm sure there's plenty of case law that clarifies what "reasonably sufficient" means in this context, so maybe some court decided that the law is interpreted to mean that you have to provide a valid physical address. Just based on the law itself, though, it seems like just an email address might be sufficient contact information to satisfy this element. I don't really see any reason why a mailbox service address wouldn't be germane, either. This one is a question for an attorney who is well-versed in the DMCA, but to my eye it looks like Russ actually gave enough contact info.

(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

Russ completely leaves this out, which should be really embarrassing for him because it was definitely in whatever DMCA takedown template he was using. Instead, he simply claims "rights I own are being infringed". Rekieta: "How embarrassing!" Now, I can't say with 100% certainty that a court wouldn't rule that the meaning is the same, but still, why would you edit out the boilerplate stuff?! It's there because it has to be there!

(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Russ does certify that the information contained in the notification is accurate, but he completely leaves out the second part of this element, which is to certify under penalty of perjury that he is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Again, this is boilerplate language and it was definitely in whatever template he used. Russ just knows better than literally everyone else, so he ad-libbed it. Ad-libbing is a really stupid idea when you have a template laid out for you that contains the exact language the court will expect you to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.