Article 2019-07-26 Lindsay Shepherd Unbanned from Twitter - Twitter be like "Oh shit people don't like Yaniv!"

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

James Smith

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In an unexpected move, free speech activist and Post Millennial columnist Lindsay Shepherd has been reinstated by Twitter.

1,815 people are talking about this

Twitter first suspended Shepherd after she got into an argument with a notorious trans woman named Jessica Yaniv who has targeted the businesses of immigrant women who refused to wax her male genitals by lodging frivolous human rights complaints and allegedly sexually harassing multiple young girls.

As a result of calling Yaniv a “ugly fat man,” Twitter decided to permanently ban Shepherd. This deplatforming led to a series of events that eventually resulted in the world paying attention to the malicious activism of Yaniv. Later that same week, Yaniv had a publication ban on her name removed, and The Post Millennial was able to report on the various abuses Yaniv was (allegedly) responsible for: abuse of the British Columbia human rights tribunal system, abuse of immigrant women estheticians, and most disturbingly, abuse of young girls.

The Post Millennial reached out to Shepherd who said, “I think this event shows the arbitrary nature of Twitter’s terms of service. If my account was reinstated after a permanent ban, then other decisions taken by the company could be just as subjective.”

Shepherd pointed out in a tweet that feminist Meghan Murphy still remains banned for the same ideological crime of misgendering Yaniv. Perhaps Twitter will restore her next.

Lindsay Shepherd@NewWorldHominin

Thanks everyone for keeping the pressure on!! Wonder if they will restore Meghan Murphy?

5:35 PM - Jul 26, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

465 people are talking about this

The story spread far and wide, receiving coverage and attention from prominent figures such as Tim Pool, Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump Jr., Ricky Gervais, and Jordan Peterson. The story was covered by mainstream media outlets throughout the world.

Shepherd believes that the media attention and signal-boosting by celebrities helped to bring attention to the social media platform’s unfair treatment of her: “I believe the main reason I got my account back was because a lot of people, some with big platforms, spoke out and brought attention to this, so I thank them.”
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/b...lindsay-shepherd-after-international-outrage/ (archive)

It looks like Lindsay Shepherd has been unbanned from Twitter. Let's hope Megan Murphy is next. Lindsay also shares some thoughts on Yaniv.

Literally just saw that and rushed over here to see if anyone'd mentioned it yet. Late and gay by 1 post. (:_(

Also: I know there's a prevailing theory that JY has a micropenis, but it occurred to me that if that's true, it could explain how he justifies referring to himself as "intersex" in legal matters. Then again, he's a fucking delusional lunatic, so it could just come down to, "I decided to identify as intersex today, because it could help my legal battle to force married women to touch my tiny little junk."

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This just in, Twitter’s very fair and well-thought rules are applicable to all users equally and not at all based on who is more popular at the moment.
Or unpopular.

You know, it's a stretch, but you COULD make the argument that by repeatedly kowtowing to Yaniv's demands to suspend/ban his critics, they have de facto assisted in his sexual harassment and child-grooming shenanigans.

Wouldn't THAT be a shame, for Twitter to have to explain why they were indirectly enabling a creepy sex predator?

I know, optimistic, but allow a pepper his dreams.

L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
Or unpopular.

You know, it's a stretch, but you COULD make the argument that by repeatedly kowtowing to Yaniv's demands to suspend/ban his critics, they have de facto assisted in his sexual harassment and child-grooming shenanigans.

Wouldn't THAT be a shame, for Twitter to have to explain why they were indirectly enabling a creepy sex predator?

I know, optimistic, but allow a pepper his dreams.
It's definitely an argument that's going to be made. Enabling sexual abusers and silencing people trying to talk about them is the main point of criticism for Twitter here imo.

And I think Twitter looks bad here. Not just to misfits like us or the far right wing or whatever other fringe people who are always going to be mad at Twitter. This story, if presented to your average normie, makes them look awful. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say there may be some actual public opinion backlash on this one.

cattle rancher

kiwifarms.net
It's definitely an argument that's going to be made. Enabling sexual abusers and silencing people trying to talk about them is the main point of criticism for Twitter here imo.

And I think Twitter looks bad here. Not just to misfits like us or the far right wing or whatever other fringe people who are always going to be mad at Twitter. This story, if presented to your average normie, makes them look awful. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say there may be some actual public opinion backlash on this one.
Maybe if more Canadian and US news sources start looking at the case and it's repercussions more seriously it will. Right now its sort of in a state of limbo as only people from a few areas of the political compass are picking this up and discussing it.

Trans twitter seems to have gone silent, the leftie side of it is either TERFs allying with the right wing, or trying to bury its head in the sand. I assume many of the lefties are trying to find a way to disavow Yaniv in a way that doesn't lead them to becoming enemies of the broader social justice crusade. As it stands its much easier for them to sit on it while finding the right response, hoping it will all go away in the media cycle while saying there were more important news blurbs that they felt more pressing. I expect a carefully crafted response if they can no longer ignore this troon.

As it stands the problem Jonny the Hutt is causing is very dangerous to them. Dangerous enough that it could undermine a large amount of what they stand for. Side with the women too strongly and they lose the people who rabidly support identity politics, go too light on it and they risk pissing off people who are big for women's rights. So they have to walk a tight rope when interacting with the case. I think the guardian did an effective job of showing that Yaniv is a problematic entity and shouldn't be viewed as an activist but as a racist troll looking to punish via the legal system. If the rest of the media can find a similar narrative I have a feeling something will be done about Jonny.

However there is a problem with the above. You could solve the Yaniv problem, but that will just open the floodgates to copy cats looking for either a quick litigious buck or a moment in the spotlight. What the media needs to do is shine a spotlight on the issues the case presents in a legal setting in such a way that reform is deemed necessary by the public. Otherwise Canada will stop the troon, but leave a back door open for anyone else who understands how exploitable transgender identity laws are to do the exact same shit.

Thats the problem with normies though, until the discourse forces them to look more critically they won't look to demand change of how twitter or the law handles things.

U

UY 690

kiwifarms.net
One of the biggest twist in America history. It's like Twitter fucked up and unban someone for once. Now if only they unban Alex Jones?

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe if more Canadian and US news sources start looking at the case and it's repercussions more seriously it will. Right now its sort of in a state of limbo as only people from a few areas of the political compass are picking this up and discussing it.

Trans twitter seems to have gone silent, the leftie side of it is either TERFs allying with the right wing, or trying to bury its head in the sand. I assume many of the lefties are trying to find a way to disavow Yaniv in a way that doesn't lead them to becoming enemies of the broader social justice crusade. As it stands its much easier for them to sit on it while finding the right response, hoping it will all go away in the media cycle while saying there were more important news blurbs that they felt more pressing. I expect a carefully crafted response if they can no longer ignore this troon.

As it stands the problem Jonny the Hutt is causing is very dangerous to them. Dangerous enough that it could undermine a large amount of what they stand for. Side with the women too strongly and they lose the people who rabidly support identity politics, go too light on it and they risk pissing off people who are big for women's rights. So they have to walk a tight rope when interacting with the case. I think the guardian did an effective job of showing that Yaniv is a problematic entity and shouldn't be viewed as an activist but as a racist troll looking to punish via the legal system. If the rest of the media can find a similar narrative I have a feeling something will be done about Jonny.

However there is a problem with the above. You could solve the Yaniv problem, but that will just open the floodgates to copy cats looking for either a quick litigious buck or a moment in the spotlight. What the media needs to do is shine a spotlight on the issues the case presents in a legal setting in such a way that reform is deemed necessary by the public. Otherwise Canada will stop the troon, but leave a back door open for anyone else who understands how exploitable transgender identity laws are to do the exact same shit.

Thats the problem with normies though, until the discourse forces them to look more critically they won't look to demand change of how twitter or the law handles things.
Shepherd mentioned a canadian Podcast in her video, and her criticism of it was interesting. They tried to portray Yaniv as just being irrelevant, and if all he was doing was turning up at council meetings in a dress he probably would be.

But the Human rights Tribunal has dragged all those women in front of it, on Yaniv's say so. The Tribunal has caused serious financial hardship to those women.

The SJW's don't really give a shit about Yaniv, they'll be happy to have him labelled a sexual predator just so long as he's correctly gendered and can self ID.

I think the real worry is that their precious Kangaroo Court might be brought into disrepute.

Ideally what would happen is that from now on anytime someone googles 'Human Rights Tribunal" Yaniv's smiling face comes up.