2019-08-16 - 5 Years of Gamergate -

MediocreMilt

JUST
kiwifarms.net
It was a rough draft for a shitty syfy original "documentary" series
That same show had an episode where Suey Park reacts to (let's face it, likely a variant of the Navy Seal copypasta) with True and Honest fear that someone would snipe her through a window in her house.

Niggernerd

Hol up *siiiiiiiiip* nigga
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, the lies were more systematic and insulting than that.

On the other hand, expecting honesty from industry journalism is insane.
I never paid attention to them as a teen. I just enjoyed whatever big tiddy anime games I got. But because of journalcucks the western localization was cut pretty bad but I just import anyways. It's a bonus to know chicken scratch.

WutangLee

Don't you got better things than reading this?
kiwifarms.net
A movement started by Matt Jarbo, part-time boulder collector, false flagger, and the most redpilled internet gaming hero.

Never forget who is the true face of GooberGrape.
Is that THE' Matt "MundaneMatt Jarbo, he who reached 100K subs on Youtube? He who triggered the libs? he who rode off into battle during GamerGate? he who got trump elected? he who bested Warski and Internet Aristrocrat/Metokur/Jim by living rent free in their head?

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
My question:
Does John KNOW GamerGate isn't a threat, and is lying for money, or does he legit believe it and is just insane?
Remember that we're talking about the person who made images making fun of Gamergate and then screamed "HARASSMENT, DEATH THREATS, FLEE MY HOUSE, RAPE" when people decided turnabout was fair play.

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My question:
Does John KNOW GamerGate isn't a threat, and is lying for money, or does he legit believe it and is just insane?
The continued citing of Deagle Nation as a legit source of death threats show it's now just cynical exploitation. The real question is did she ever believe her own hype, or has it been a conscious attempt to gain notoriety the whole way through?

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Both. Wu did receive death and rape threats. But is also a very frequent liar who inserted herself into GamerGate to specifically get Bonus Victim Points and get attention for herself and her fake Woman In Tech angle. Her only relevance is from GamerGate - without it she'd have a bunch of lies and a complete failure of everything she's ever done.

It's basic feels before reals. She caused her own problems, made them worse every chance she got including when dealing with the FBI, and has lied constantly about every aspect of her involvement, from not knowing the primary threats were fake to her seeming inability to use block, mute and report functions for their intended purpose. But she did get threats after making herself an intentional target, and I wouldn't be surprised if her delusions mean she knows she's exaggerating for effect (eg lying her ass off), but she just thinks of it as what she needs to do to get what she wants.

I think it's the same thing with some of the lies she told during her first failed campaign, like the 'I was out running and these construction workers didn't heckle me, they told me they'd vote for me!' story she told one of the reporters just a week before the primary. She knows it's bullshit, but she thinks it's exactly the sort of bullshit she needs to tell to get elected, and that it could happen, and she imagined it happening - so that's as good as it being true.

tl;dr: Wu's lying for money, but there's a part of her that thinks it's true enough.

Kill all whales

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If she goes on about is gamergate gamergate doesnt this woman have a life, instead of just sperging about gg a dead gay Internet controversy that's been dead for quite a long time.

U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
In my opinion Gamer Gate was pretty much a preview of the future online.
A group of people vs elites and their shitlib drones and ultimately they just muscle out the group of people.
Even 4chan's moot tried to ban this thing if I recall correctly.

Also GG really had no idea what it walked into.
It was pretty much just a bunch of people being mean to each other on the internet over shit that nobody cares about. Journos have a mailing list and engage in narcissistic sex for favors. So what? I could have guessed that from the start. Its not like they caught atomic weapons being smuggled into Somalia. Yet everyone's gone completely mental over it. Its kind of like a negative version of Beatlemania or something, everyone it touches starts foaming at the mouth and blaming it for the end of the world.

Bad Headspace

Y e a h
kiwifarms.net
It was pretty much just a bunch of people being mean to each other on the internet over shit that nobody cares about. Journos have a mailing list and engage in narcissistic sex for favors. So what? I could have guessed that from the start. Its not like they caught atomic weapons being smuggled into Somalia. Yet everyone's gone completely mental over it. Its kind of like a negative version of Beatlemania or something, everyone it touches starts foaming at the mouth and blaming it for the end of the world.
People kept retreating to entertainment for a long time. The powers that be decided to step in that world more and the atomized consumer did Gamer Gate to try to resist or do something. Even they didn't knew what it was. In hind sight a death rattle for the era of non political escapism.

Was it important? Not really, but it did 1) set the tone for the decade 2) showed how online media and communication has changed. What made this thing big was the centralized internet, and what happened is that this internet became more censored as a reaction.

If you look at YouTube... Remember YouTube drama around 2016? Leafy and guys like that?
It was nonsense but it really did the demo of the algorithm and terms of service changes that was perfected later against political people. It was about nothing, but it did changed a lot of things.

U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
People kept retreating to entertainment for a long time. The powers that be decided to step in that world more and the atomized consumer did Gamer Gate to try to resist or do something. Even they didn't knew what it was. In hind sight a death rattle for the era of non political escapism.

Was it important? Not really, but it did 1) set the tone for the decade 2) showed how online media and communication has changed. What made this thing big was the centralized internet, and what happened is that this internet became more censored as a reaction.

If you look at YouTube... Remember YouTube drama around 2016? Leafy and guys like that?
It was nonsense but it really did the demo of the algorithm and terms of service changes that was perfected later against political people. It was about nothing, but it did changed a lot of things.
You have a point. Its really like the real world intruded on the fantasy that was being offered. It didn't hit me as hard because I didn't dedicate my lifestyle to being a "gamer", whatever that term now means, but I noticed for the people who think that term is important they really did freak out and lose their minds over the fact that the people "in charge" were actually assholes. Then for the disaffected they got to go a layer deeper and find out that the people who were driving GamerGate were also a bunch of tards looking to make a quick buck. I guess everyone just felt used and abused at the end of the day, all over fictional crap that really shouldn't matter that much.

Tags
None