2020-04-28 How would I feel if someone died going to vote for me? - The scampaign ends via Medium

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, who's taking bets that John will somehow fuck this up and get in legal trouble for pocketing the campaign funds?
He doesn't need to engage in any funny business for that. The campaign's got 50 grand in "loans" from Frank that they can just "pay back" if they want to move extra money out of the campaign.
There's been no sign of criminal activity at any time during the campaign, for one very simple reason: there didn't need to be any. John could get his toys and have his LARP while playing entirely within the rules - even if Frank's titanically incompetent accounting made it look otherwise.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Next Task and stets

nets_awesome

Blocked from who? Everyone.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He doesn't need to engage in any funny business for that. The campaign's got 50 grand in "loans" from Frank that they can just "pay back" if they want to move extra money out of the campaign.
There's been no sign of criminal activity at any time during the campaign, for one very simple reason: there didn't need to be any. John could get his toys and have his LARP while playing entirely within the rules - even if Frank's titanically incompetent accounting made it look otherwise.
This. Briannas scampaign purchases were unhelpful, ridiculous and self serving but she used the money idiots gave her to do it. They weren’t too stupid and didn’t pay their mortgage or buy the Porsche(s) with it (although she did use scampaign money to fly out and buy it, ostensibly for “voter/donor outreach”), and it is permissible to charge mileage to the campaign.

I believe the only thing she did that flouted the rules was using campaign funds to go to a college in Ohio for a speaking engagement for which she was paid, but the FEC is understaffed, and even if someone doxed themselves to complain about it it would go nowhere.

It’s not like she was Aaron Schock and used public money to redirect her office into the ship interior from Rev60. It was all dubiously ethical but legal. And she has plenty of media friends willing and able to cover it up.

• Agree
Reactions: ForgedBlades

stets

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah yes, a letter from the "campaign manager" that somehow neglected to realize that thousands of signatures to get on the ballot - the most basic part of running for office - were due in short order. I'm starting to think that the real cons on the '00 cycle were the consultants and staffers that soaked Wu's campaign for tens of thousands of dollars over the past year and didn't even make it to the point of getting John on the ballot. I knew that Wu would end of with bottom-feeding consultants and staff since she's a joke candidate and the competent ones would be working on presidential campaigns or for real candidates, but Jesus Christ.

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

Kiwiminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I suspect that John and Frank keeping tens of thousands of dollars worth of photo and video hardware and software purchased with campaign funds is probably extremely illegal. And you know that's what they plan to do.

Their use of campaign funds to travel to sci fi cons and tech conferences is also highly dubious. You don't get to write off vacations by holding a 15-minute meet-your-Massachusetts-candidate event in California.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I suspect that John and Frank keeping tens of thousands of dollars worth of photo and video hardware and software purchased with campaign funds is probably extremely illegal. And you know that's what they plan to do.
I wonder if Flynt 2020 can convince their lender (a certain Mr. Frank Wu) to accept the equipment in lieu of the cash owed.

You don't get to write off vacations by holding a 15-minute meet-your-Massachusetts-candidate event in California.
It would probably be hard to prosecute this, when he could point to his donations list and show that nearly half did indeed come from California. He could say "I was doing donor outreach, and look at all the donors I reached!"
Besides, John's far from the only Democrat to run a national campaign for a local seat.

Grand Fucktard

kiwifarms.net
In the main thread there's tweets of his saying he'll vote for and canvas for Biden, because he hates Trump that much.
but wait, If John stopped his own campaign b/c people coming out to vote for him could kill them and he'd be responsible.
Isn't endorsing a candidate promoting that very same thing?
actually worse since that's a national campaign with a top tier player !

In fact "get out the vote" is trying to kill our children!

what about past years when people drove to polling stations. Has John atoned for putting all those peole at risk being a high profile political voice?

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
but wait, If John stopped his own campaign b/c people coming out to vote for him could kill them and he'd be responsible.
Isn't endorsing a candidate promoting that very same thing?
actually worse since that's a national campaign with a top tier player !

In fact "get out the vote" is trying to kill our children!

what about past years when people drove to polling stations. Has John atoned for putting all those peole at risk being a high profile political voice?
He only cares if one of HIS voters dies.
If a Biden supporter dies going to the polls, they've voted against Trump, thus serving their purpose.

If one of JOHN'S voters dies, then they're dead and can't give him money again.

Drawets Rednaxela

Dumbass who believes Chris could benefit from jail
kiwifarms.net
I find her delusions that she has a future in politics amusing. She's not not nearly a big enough douche or turd sandwich to be a governor.

Tags
None