2020-05-01 - Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited: Last of Us 2 DMCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldgrip

Agreed upon laws of the wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This needed to happen and it needs to happen again. Sony won't learn until they've actually fucked themselves good and proper. Yes, they've been going woke for a while now, but they have enough money and fans to allow themselves to make fuck ups like this from time to time. What needs to happen is for them to either make several mistakes like this in succession or one colossal blunder (unlikely) for them to actually take notice and start cleaning house.

Biden's Chosen

Support your Jewish community Support jewish news
kiwifarms.net
Gamers rise up indeed. As a comic fag, let me tell you all right now. They don't care about your money and they couldn't care less about your protests. They will block you out and ignore you. They're only interested in their ideology and spreading it as much as possible. They don't care that it won't sell much. The comic pros didn't. It's all about sending a message

This is true.

People spend more money on social engineering than they spend on political campaigns.

worthpaying.PNG

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
Just someone from my tribe who decided that the game should have no feminine cis women, but instead only more masculine cis women, as that is less triggering and more achievable for trans women.
But why all man are normally masculine(besides lev, who’s ftm)? Shouldn’t they make men less masculine and more “uwu smol boi” so trans men would feel better?

HomerSimpson

I AM SO SMRT!
kiwifarms.net
Why is Sony even wasting their time with DMCAing us. Besides the fact of awful damage control.
This is gonna be interesting. :popcorn:
Because of how bad the publicity is. Ignore the "our screenshots are on kiwifarms? Shut it down goys" shit. It's 100% because they wanted the game to sell with this stuff hidden behind the paywall of buying the game. And given the tie to reviewers, we probably wouldn't hear the game is about the LGBT trying to survive in the apocalypse when shit like that would be literally the first to
This is true.

People spend more money on social engineering than they spend on political campaigns.

View attachment 1267567
And when apple saw a $-480 billion difference in sales between 2017 and 2018, they blamed the consumers. This world is fucked and the free market doesn't work.

And they later apologized for the ad in another that was a white father soldier coming home from the war to his white family. It was touching really. Touching my funny bone to see how fucking fast they 180.
But why all man are normally masculine(besides lev, who’s ftm)? Shouldn’t they make men less masculine and more “uwu smol boi” so trans men would feel better?
Subversion. They want us destroyed and destitute. They can't defeat us, so they undermine us. They show imagery of men being feminine and weak. Of women that are obese instead of healthy and attractive and push it hard as healthy. They say doing a hard job instead of crying over it is "toxic" because we should cry instead. They want us to lay down and accept death without conflict.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:optimistic: for thinking that Dana Criste, working in London (<40% native population) for a multinational corporation isn't foreign and gives a fuck about True and Honest English spelling.
Assuming that she's in London at all, rather than that address just being the one they use for correspondance. The name does sound vaguely Iberian, but is most likely Magyar, and MUSO does have an office in Romania. I know where I'd rather live (salary aside) and it isn't London. Many Romanians have the good English.
http://archive.md/hDb4y

CDWLTY

kiwifarms.net
Sony Japan doesn't produce garbage as bad as this crap, and piss people off enough to where shit gets smuggled out by a disgruntled employee or group of employees. For one, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion this "progressive" social narrative they are pushing is not as marketable over there. Even Anita surrendered on that point (but the reason she gave is hilariously off base and does not at all comport with the historical record). And second, Japan is far more "scandal adverse."

Mostly.

It's almost always the western subsidiaries that fuck shit up to this magnitude. I can cite examples, but need I really?
From what I hear from my work contacts over there, the higher end in management is absolutely deaf to western markets. This crap is allowed to continue because they lack interest in what's going on west and take whatever socJus contacts tell them at face value. "Oh? Trannies are in style? Gross. Whatever, it's your market. You wouldn't have this position if you weren't the right guy for thejob." The cancer is metastasizing, but it's not taking root over there because they defer to leadership and they still have fairly mainstream values. They think degeneracy should be somewhat shielded from the main stuff and shunted into the weird circles.

Cardenio

#SlavaChargers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There should be a, I dunno what you call it, something like the "True and Honest Fan" under some avatars or a forum achievement or somesuch.... For shitposting so hard you're mentioned in a legal document.
It'd be nice but then you'd have autistic achievement hunters who'd make excuses to upload copyright material in the hopes that farms would get DMCAs.

Captain Manning

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sargon is most likely going to get his costs from Akilah Hughes, because she didn't end the action before the summary judgement.

One hopes. Even those of us that don't care much for Sargon.

Although, @AnOminous is correct. Akilah's case is distinguishable from this because it's not a DMCA action. Akilah's case does not implicate Google's safe harbor defense (as owner of YouTube). She just straight up sued Sargon for infringement. Not the host. That's a remedy that is as old as the concept of IP itself. There's nothing "millennial"about it.

In the present case, Null is akin to Google (the host), and the whoever dumped that leak here would be akin to Sargon.

Assuming the bitch drags this out further, and takes this to appeal, it's relevance to future DMCA cases is dubious. It might shed some more light on what is or isn't fair use, as a matter of law, though. That's useful in another way.

tl;dr, I encourage anyone who might be browsing that takes down content based on fraudulent misuse of the DMCA to band together on the issue. Diebold lost almost $200k to two students who fought almost exactly what Sony is doing right now.

Diebold is a singular published decision from the Northern District of California, my dude. It's a "persuasive authority," and not a "mandatory one." Even the Ninth Circuit isn't, strictly speaking, held to it.

I agree with that court that the provisions of 512(f) can lead to sanctions and a damage award against a claimant with a patently bullshit claim. But, how often has that happened? Twice... maybe? It didn't even happen in Lenz, AFAIK, and that case is binding on the Ninth Circuit.

I stand by what I said earlier that Congress needs to take a scalpel to this shit. The system is very much rigged in favor of large companies with deep pockets. You can win, but only after going through utter hell. The legal system has been really reluctant to give clear warnings to those who would abuse the DMCA. Even Lenz is kinda wishy washy. They'll keep doing it until it becomes cost prohibitive to do so.

Last edited:

Captain Manning

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I hear from my work contacts over there, the higher end in management is absolutely deaf to western markets.

Which is fine. America is a secondary market for a lot of products that come out of Japan. They are not going the hurt the primary market to coddle a minority of crybabies in the secondary.

I mentioned this several times in the WW thread. They may have had success in the world of comics and certain video games, but they're looking at a sheer cliff face in terms of anime. Nobody over there cares what ANN says about Shield Hero. They're looking at the sales figures.

Also, please accuse these crybabies of "cultural imperialism." Frequently and often. I don't see enough of that.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'm amazed stock holders didn't sue this fucking cunt in a derivative action for deliberately destroying the company. I don't think actually deliberately and maliciously tanking the company is within the "business judgment rule" that usually blocks suits over incompetent decisions.

Jeff Gazetti

Republicans are the new Liberals
kiwifarms.net
I have small, baby hands and they frequently miss keys.
He didn’t typo. It was probably an adequately “standard university.” Some of the more educated people (myself excluded) might even call it one of those rigamarole... “community colleges”.

Status
Not open for further replies.