2020-05-01 - Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited: Last of Us 2 DMCA

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Manning

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm amazed stock holders didn't sue this fucking cunt in a derivative action for deliberately destroying the company. I don't think actually deliberately and maliciously tanking the company is within the "business judgment rule" that usually blocks suits over incompetent decisions.

Well, he didn't really destroy the company, and Gillette doesn't independently have a pool of shareholders, as such. They are a subsidiary of Proctor & Gamble. It was Proctor & Gamble that took a hit, to the tune of $2 per share, based on a $8 billion write-off from the Gillette division.

That's certainly not good, but it's debatable whether it's worth suing over. I also think that, despite what cueball said publicly, he was dragged into one of P&G's boardrooms and told to knock that shit off. They haven't done it since. If you look at "Best a Man Can Be," site now, it's got milquetoast stuff like literacy programs for disadvantaged men. They really toned down the rhetoric.

When Carly Fiorina led that half-baked merger between HP and Compaq, there was a shareholder lawsuit that went nowhere. BUT, HP's BoD soon came to realize Carley is a dumb incompetent bitch, and handed her walking papers anyways. Paying her a golden parachute was deemed preferable to letting her do more damage.

Back to the topic at hand:

Druckmann is kinda in a similar boat. He is a VP at a company Sony outright owns. In his case, I think he might be leading Sony towards a big loss that they ain't gonna be happy with. If that's true, he might not be around much longer.

EDIT: Meant billion. Typed million.

Last edited:

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I don't even think that that ad campaign was what led to Gilette's smaller market share. The real issue is they got eaten at both ends by Dollar Shave Club and various old style hipster brands (as alluded to in the article where they talked about having to do something about their tanking brand recognition.) People no longer wanted their product, regardless of the ads.

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net
Any game with gays/lesbians in it and being the main focus would always be slammed one way or another because whenever a writer tries to force their sexual preference down the throat of audience, people get pissed off.

Life is Strange did this before and it sure as shit ain't all sunshine and rainbows. I am pretty positive that TLOU2 would be more of the same with all the smokes surrounding it. I personally am rather impartial about the series. Never really get the hype behind it.

Last edited:

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't even think that that ad campaign was what led to Gilette's smaller market share. The real issue is they got eaten at both ends by Dollar Shave Club and various old style hipster brands (as alluded to in the article where they talked about having to do something about their tanking brand recognition.) People no longer wanted their product, regardless of the ads.

Alot people were just coasting on the Gillette brand because it was familiar and they had always used it. Yeah Dollar Shave Club and others had been eating market share, but their stuff really surged post "best a man can be". That is market share Gillette lost forever. They got dumb and happy with all their past success that they assumed they had a captive audience to moralize too. Just like Druckmann.

And in both cases the morals demanded arent even GOOD. They are positively demented and everyone can see it. Being told to "eat your vegetables" is obnoxious but you can understand why someone would want too tell you to do that. Telling someone they need to put a cucumber up their ass because they are homophobic if they dont on the other hand....

Last edited:

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
Why would I pay for a bad hunk of plastic and terrible blades when I can buy a handle for the same price and then pay peanuts for longer-lasting and sharper blades?

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
Alot people were just coasting on the Gillette brand because it was familiar and they had always used it. Yeah Dollar Shave Club and others had been eating market share, but their stuff really surged post "best a man can be". That is market share Gillette lost forever. They got dumb and happy with all their past success that they assumed they had a captive audience to moralize too. Just like Druckmann.

And it both cases the morals demanded arent even GOOD. They are positively demented and everyone can see it. Being told to "eat your vegetables" is obnoxious but you can understand why someone would want too tell you to do that. Telling someone they need to put a cucumber up their ass because they are homophobic if they dont on the other hand....

Yeah people wrongly think there's no such thing as bad publicity but that's death to a market where your currency js mainly familiarity. I don't really care about the brand of electric toothbrush I use, unless one decides to come out and insult my gender and then I'll just make a mental note to avoid it. And the problem for them is: that wasn't a hard decision for me to make. There's not a lot of brand loyalty with this shit, and if Dollar Shave Club does a single ad that is even passively pro-dude then it's over.

One thing that these people are banking a lot on in the short term is awards and praise for being socially aware. A lot of big companies do this, making ads designed for awards season or the Cannes Lions or the universe of other incestuous advertising ceremonies. The long con is they wanna make something that gets brought up by business professors and ad professionals. Like when Nike suddenly makes Black Lives Matter campaigns, they're using it as an in to something else.

Shayden

The excellence of tiddyness
kiwifarms.net
Why would I pay for a bad hunk of plastic and terrible blades when I can buy a handle for the same price and then pay peanuts for longer-lasting and sharper blades?
Why not use a straight razor instead? Sure, the upfront cost is more expensive, but with the proper technique, they can last alot longer than the conventional razors.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, he didn't really destroy the company, and Gillette doesn't independently have a pool of shareholders, as such. They are a subsidiary of Proctor & Gamble. It was Proctor & Gamble that took a hit, to the tune of $2 per share, based on a $8 million write-off from the Gillette division.

Not million. BILLION.

When Carly Fiorina led that half-baked merger between HP and Compaq, there was a shareholder lawsuit that went nowhere.

This is what usually happens with these suits, because the business judgment rule is near immunity for even staggeringly stupid decisions. You almost have to prove actual malice or have it be as clear-cut as simply outright embezzlement. It still lights a fire under the ass of the board and, like Carly Fiorina, you will often see the responsible person get the boot just for causing the mess that got them sued.

CDWLTY

kiwifarms.net
Why not use a straight razor instead? Sure, the upfront cost is more expensive, but with the proper technique, they can last alot longer than the conventional razors.
Safety? Straights are that old school barber shit. Really cool, but as someone who's had to use one for a while, it's not something for the hung over or sleep deprived if they wake up early. It's tougher to screw up with a safety razor, at least. Blades are 8cents a pop and they give a pretty damn good shave. After you do the old song and dance with the lather it really surprises you to think humans figured out shaving a while ago. Sad to think we somehow got to octa-blades as the bare min.

The gillette campaign really got airtime. Normie news talked about it, which put it on the map for one of the biggest buyers: Women buying for their husbands. Most of the time they hadn't thought about it, after seeing the local newscaster talk about 'shocking outrage against this advert fighting sexual abuse and violence against children, more at 11' they didn't see much need to help out these condescending fucks. It's a boycott that's very effective if my man on the street reporting counts. I often hear them start but hold lasting efficacy, but this one has stuck around. I think dorco and dollar shave got good share.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Safety? Straights are that old school barber shit. Really cool, but as someone who's had to use one for a while, it's not something for the hung over or sleep deprived if they wake up early. It's tougher to screw up with a safety razor, at least. Blades are 8cents a pop and they give a pretty damn good shave. After you do the old song and dance with the lather it really surprises you to think humans figured out shaving a while ago. Sad to think we somehow got to octa-blades as the bare min.

The gillette campaign really got airtime. Normie news talked about it, which put it on the map for one of the biggest buyers: Women buying for their husbands. Most of the time they hadn't thought about it, after seeing the local newscaster talk about 'shocking outrage against this advert fighting sexual abuse and violence against children, more at 11' they didn't see much need to help out these condescending fucks. It's a boycott that's very effective if my man on the street reporting counts. I often hear them start but hold lasting efficacy, but this one has stuck around. I think dorco and dollar shave got good share.

That's because, and this is often shocking to the people in hollywood and academia, most women in the world like men. Even worse they, "le gasp" want the man in their lives to take their muscles, use them to force them up against a wall and put that penis squarely in their vagina. Full on penetration. In and out.

The cuck boy that exists in the mind of these weirdos who have never had a normal heterosexual relationship is something that isn't just alien to all those "cis men", its also alien to all the "cis women", and let's face it. The straight female is just as prevalent as the straight male. And if Gillette wants her man to be a bitch, she is not gonna buy their shit either.

Its patently obvious these weirdos dont know how to human. Just LOOK at the "womens sports" .gif currently gracing the front page, lovingly showing in gory detail the very slight and clearly female Ellie getting the ever loving shit beaten out of her by the clearly also a true and honest woman Abbie. With more muscles then hulk fucking Hogan. It's literally every womans nightmare. Being in a full on to the death physical confrontation with a man. Just because you strapped some barely there tits and a pony tail on the dude doesnt change a damn thing.

CatharticShitHead

A True Shithead never reaches peace.
kiwifarms.net
As many other people have said, DMCA'ing the fuck out of anything relating to the leaks or criticizing the absolute shite story that the last of us 2 contains will only lead to the Streisand Effect. Obviously, everyone in this thread will not forget about this massive slip up, but now a good majority of TLOU fans will be definitely aware that Sony and Neil "I suck Tranny dick" Druckmann are fucking up a story that didn't need a sequel.

Captain Manning

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any game with gays/lesbians in it and being the main focus would always be slammed one way or another because whenever a writer tries to force their sexual preference down the throat of audience, people get pissed off.

As an overly intrusive primary focus, sure.

Again, I totally didn't mind that Ellie turned out to be a lesbian. And we've known that for a long time now. I like the character for the character, and not because I'm some gross guy that would sexualize a fictional 14 year old girl, and am somehow angry that I can't fap to her (or some other variation of such nonsense). So they can take that accusation and shove it up their ass. I'm sure somebody will pull that out at some point.

One needs to play the game to find out why she's so well written.

But this latest turn of events is just so over the top. It's disgusting.

Not million. BILLION.

Whoops. Corrected.

Last edited:

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net
As an overly intrusive primary focus, sure.

That's what I was referring to. Not just TLOU but other games that did this.

Nobody wants to play a game where being a lesbian or gay is all the meat of the focus because that's just agenda-pushing and nobody in the gaming community aside the obvious SJW-cows would really give a fuck about any of that.

I don't want a game where I am being shoved ad nauseam that my character is gay/lesbian and have to remind the audience that he/she is gay every few minutes.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, so Naughty Dog turns the last of us into the world's most accurate tranny simulator and Sony goes into total embarrassment DFE mode. This truly is the most entertaining timeline.

You have to love the fact that this "woke" piece of shit created a tranny character who is basically an insane, misogynistic murderer. Great wokeness dumbfuck.

Captain Manning

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have to love the fact that this "woke" piece of shit created a tranny character who is basically an insane, misogynistic murderer. Great wokeness dumbfuck.

That's what I'm saying. It doesn't make sense from the standpoint of wanting to be inclusionary and paint the transgender community in a good light.

It is so mental, that the last few operating braincells in the heads of those obnoxious harpies over on ReeeeeesetERA ought to be desperately trying to tell them that.

They've always been insane and destructive, but now they are so far gone that they are self destructive.

I'd say let them be, but it's a pity you have to destroy a great story in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.