2020-05-01 - Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited: Last of Us 2 DMCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMoTi

kiwifarms.net
IIRC, the Playstation brand is the only thing Keeping Sony in the black. So...

Nah, they're profitable in just about everything these days.

Untitled.png

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net
I like the character for the character, and not because I'm some gross guy that would sexualize a fictional 14 year old girl, and am somehow angry that I can't fap to her (or some other variation of such nonsense).
Making her lesbian, makes pathetic guys fap over her more - not less.
Just look at people like Andrew Dobson who can't stop obsessing over underage lesbian girls.

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
What’s the over under of a reply from these guys?

I always love Null just saying no to these people, they have the worlds easiest job.
Send Email templates riddled with legalese to a bunch of fan websites to get them to take shit down. 99% of them do no questions asked because they’re not extremely aware of their rights and the website normally isn’t worth fighting over.
Then enter Null the cyber chad who just says “no, fite me in cheeseburger land”. I can imagine a huge internal company memo going around about this unusual case as they don’t know how the fuck to proceed.

haurchefant

a smile better suits a hero
kiwifarms.net
The thing about TLOU2 is that it's too hamfisted and the messaging is confusing. If anything Abby or whoever is a 90s stereotype of a tranny, le big hulking man with 5oclock shadow that gorillas around in a dress before giving in to his inner rage and beating a vulnerable white woman to death. The only thing they're missing is to make her a black but I guess they have to keep her light skinned so she'll have some appeal. No one likes black trannies, not even black trannies.

The thing about transgenderism, and LGBT characters in general, is that there are lots of games with homosexual relationships and even gender-transitioning characters. Like damn, dating simulators and visual novels got in on this stuff decades ago. Duckman or however his name is spelled is not coming out with anything new. Even Bioware got one over them when they came out with KOTOR -- the Cathar girl in KOTOR was a lesbian romance and you can mod her romance back in. (They cut it after Lucasfilm told them there were no gay people in Star Wars or something. Then they made Jade Empire and the rest is history.) Now in the modern gaming landscape you can go to the indie scene and find lots of games with gay and/or trans characters and those games are actually pretty fun.

I think that Duckman's mistake is the mistake that a lot of folks make when they decide to do Gay Tourism. They think they're God's gift to LGBT people and that everything they make is gold and sacrosanct mana from heaven. But they're still Tourists which means they don't actually have ability. They just imitate better material. Duckman might actually be stupid and ignorant enough to think that he's the first person to have a transgender main character and that he would """serve""" the LGBT community by giving her a dark and edgy backstory.

The thing that people have to understand is that almost every game has a market. Games with gay protagonists have a market. Games with murderous stereotypical trannies that murder cis women have a market. Games set in bleak post apocalyptic atmospheres with gay romance have a market. The mistake that developers keep making is that they think these markets are widespread instead of very niche.

I'll finish this post by making a comparison. There is a fighting game series called Fatal Fury. It's a fun fighting game that appeals to a lot of people. One of the main characters, Terry Bogard, was put into Smash Brothers Ultimate as a DLC character and now more people than ever are getting into SNK.

SNK has other games featuring the Fatal Fury characters though. One of those is a visual novel dating game called King of Fighters for Girls. It's a niche title but I know people who play it. Apparently its very fun. I know it's also responsible for getting people to check out the fighting game because they liked the characters from the VN.

There are ways to get these titles with niche subjects out there, be profitable, and still stay in line with the franchise. The entire reason anime and such are successful is because the Japs figured out how to monetize the shit out of everything and want it to be enjoyable.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of another transgender character that came out before TLOU2. This character is a post-op tranny who regularly beats the shit out of women and men. This character was the result of Japs trying to figure out how they should market her to a Western audience. She has since gone on to be a successful and beloved legacy character that trannies actually like and that is also popular with mainstream audiences.

PSN_00.png

It's not impossible or even difficult. You just have to use your brain.

Sizzlin

kiwifarms.net
Well, he didn't really destroy the company, and Gillette doesn't independently have a pool of shareholders, as such. They are a subsidiary of Proctor & Gamble. It was Proctor & Gamble that took a hit, to the tune of $2 per share, based on a $8 billion write-off from the Gillette division.

And to be fair, the campaign surely had effect, but most of the write-down was due to currency fluctuations, people growing more beards and losing customers to instances such as Dollar Shave Club or whatever that is, as explained here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-proctergamble-results-idUSKCN1UP1AD

Reuters said:
Cincinnati-based P&G, which operates in 80 countries, sells Gillette razors, gels and foams worldwide and said the writedown was due primarily to currency fluctuations - enduring strength in the U.S. economy in recent years has strengthened the dollar. The charge was also driven by more competition over the past three years and a shrinking market for blades and razors as consumers in developed markets shave less frequently. Net sales in the grooming business, which includes Gillette, have declined in 11 out of the last 12 quarters.

That said, cueball was certainly taken to the board room and told to cut dumb publicity stunts off.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net

CrimsonKnight

kiwifarms.net
It is pretty weird for a 40 something year old guy to be constantly fawning over lesbian teenage girls. In my opinion, Druckmann has made many mistakes within the past few years. The elephant in the room is that he thought he was untouchable. Mistakes include strongarming Amy Hennig (the lady behind the Legacy of Kain series) out of ND, firing a playtester for being "sexist" (he asked how Nadine "Cutscene Boss" Ross is manhandling Nate and his brother Sam), in addition the crazy amount of crunch, and not playing employees cause of said crunch. Even more damning is 14 out of 20 designers quitting, likely due to crunch and not being paid. All that, and you got yourselves a disgruntled employee sandwich.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To think I thought Sony censoring Japanese games was the worse they could do. Now they are trying to censor the Internet.
Visual novels are not games though.

Like games should not be movies, but they shouldn't be books either.

Hmmm. So there's a Dana Criste who was a law student at the Babes-Bolyai University (one of the top ones in Romania). Could this be her?
View attachment 1269353
http://archive.md/C4ufI
Number of other profiles around that appear to be the same lady
View attachment 1269354
http://archive.md/WS3sT
I judge people by their dogs, and that's one pathetic doggo

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum the hive i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
Damn shame ND sold away Crash. I’d love to see a hulking shemale bandicoot kick the living shit out of Crash and Coco.

Thank you. Even with the vast amounts of text I read every day, every month, for decades, this is the first time "a hulking shemale bandicoot" was beamed into my brain, and I love it.

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is who Sony hires for legal representation? A trashy Romanian hooker with a law degree?
Romania was nearly destroyed by privatization and the recapture of its commanding heights by the people who caused trouble there in the interwar period, but I don't think she's any trashier than any Western female lawyer.

Nobunaga

Reject whores, embrace sword
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing about TLOU2 is that it's too hamfisted and the messaging is confusing. If anything Abby or whoever is a 90s stereotype of a tranny, le big hulking man with 5oclock shadow that gorillas around in a dress before giving in to his inner rage and beating a vulnerable white woman to death. The only thing they're missing is to make her a black but I guess they have to keep her light skinned so she'll have some appeal. No one likes black trannies, not even black trannies.

The thing about transgenderism, and LGBT characters in general, is that there are lots of games with homosexual relationships and even gender-transitioning characters. Like damn, dating simulators and visual novels got in on this stuff decades ago. Duckman or however his name is spelled is not coming out with anything new. Even Bioware got one over them when they came out with KOTOR -- the Cathar girl in KOTOR was a lesbian romance and you can mod her romance back in. (They cut it after Lucasfilm told them there were no gay people in Star Wars or something. Then they made Jade Empire and the rest is history.) Now in the modern gaming landscape you can go to the indie scene and find lots of games with gay and/or trans characters and those games are actually pretty fun.

I think that Duckman's mistake is the mistake that a lot of folks make when they decide to do Gay Tourism. They think they're God's gift to LGBT people and that everything they make is gold and sacrosanct mana from heaven. But they're still Tourists which means they don't actually have ability. They just imitate better material. Duckman might actually be stupid and ignorant enough to think that he's the first person to have a transgender main character and that he would """serve""" the LGBT community by giving her a dark and edgy backstory.

The thing that people have to understand is that almost every game has a market. Games with gay protagonists have a market. Games with murderous stereotypical trannies that murder cis women have a market. Games set in bleak post apocalyptic atmospheres with gay romance have a market. The mistake that developers keep making is that they think these markets are widespread instead of very niche.

I'll finish this post by making a comparison. There is a fighting game series called Fatal Fury. It's a fun fighting game that appeals to a lot of people. One of the main characters, Terry Bogard, was put into Smash Brothers Ultimate as a DLC character and now more people than ever are getting into SNK.

SNK has other games featuring the Fatal Fury characters though. One of those is a visual novel dating game called King of Fighters for Girls. It's a niche title but I know people who play it. Apparently its very fun. I know it's also responsible for getting people to check out the fighting game because they liked the characters from the VN.

There are ways to get these titles with niche subjects out there, be profitable, and still stay in line with the franchise. The entire reason anime and such are successful is because the Japs figured out how to monetize the shit out of everything and want it to be enjoyable.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of another transgender character that came out before TLOU2. This character is a post-op tranny who regularly beats the shit out of women and men. This character was the result of Japs trying to figure out how they should market her to a Western audience. She has since gone on to be a successful and beloved legacy character that trannies actually like and that is also popular with mainstream audiences.

View attachment 1268715

It's not impossible or even difficult. You just have to use your brain.
Is poison even considered a tranny thr japs?
I always was under the impression that making """her""" tranny was just a way to avoid censorship due to having the MC beating women on the streeth

Gustav Schuchardt

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What we're witnessing is a new dark age. Not the "burn witches and live in huts" kind, the "rise in illiteracy and cultural hatred of knowledge" kind. All this woke garbage and big tech censorship is not some counterculture that will be buried by history, it is the mainstream and one day it will bury us. All the free speech advocates remembered as collaberators that gave "Nazi gangs" the freedom to recruit; all the historical sticklers remembered as "revisionists" who denied the existence of trannies and female soldiers in WW1; this very controversy remembered as some attempt at silencing pro-female game developers because somehow we're only mad at Joel dying. You might think I'm being hysterical, but I'm not. It'll all be footnotes. Hardly remembered, if at all. But it won't be the only thing forgotten; that's my point. All this freedom and wild west internet will be gone, distorted in memory, and ultimately demonized.

I'm not convinced. I used to be blackpilled on this stuff but the thing is every time people are given a choice, they reject identity politics. You can see it in Trump, BREXIT, the recent UK election in politics. And you can see it commercially in the way all the woke shit seems to be commercially disastrous while non woke stuff still does well. People are sending a message, and that message can only be ignored for so long by people who are dependent on votes or dollars from the masses.

Crash was never theirs to begin with. Universal came to them with a game concept and they said OK.

Crash Bandicoot was invented by Andy Gavin, founder of Naughty Dog, and an outstanding games programmer

Last edited:

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To think I thought Sony censoring Japanese games was the worse they could do. Now they are trying to censor the Internet.

This isn't the first time these cunts have done this. Remember the time they installed a rootkit on their customers' computers?

Sony has been evil as fuck forever, and sometimes even outright criminal.

People are sending a message, and that message can only be ignored for so long by people who are dependent on votes or dollars from the masses.

The problem is when there are corporations that are propped up by larger entities like Sony and don't, apparently, actually need to turn a profit. Like Marvel and DC, basically kept on life support just to keep trademarked intellectual properties in "use in commerce" so the trademarks don't expire. They don't actually give a shit what goes on there.

I hope the backlash gets bigger with the coof apocalypse creating new financial pressures at the same time as these idiots are nuking ancient, beloved franchises like Star Wars out of existence. You can only be so apathetic so long to such losses.

To Sony, though, even something like TLOU is small potatoes. This might wreck Naughty Dog but Sony's stupidity will remain unchecked. It's really rotten from the head down.

Status
Not open for further replies.