2020-05-10 John's New Career -

What will John's next career path be?

• Cybersecurity

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • New York Times bestselling author

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Back to vidya

Votes: 29 21.5%
  • Picking crumbs of food between couch cushions and eating them while shitposting on Twatter

Votes: 70 51.9%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
As we saw right after Flu dropped out of being a game dev following getting R60 Spec. Ed. (Special Edition or Special Education? YOU DECIDE!), they went back to the one common thread that was observed waaaaaay back during the college years: journalism.

It's basically the means Flu keeps turning to as a pulpit to basically spout bullshit with what they hope is a captive audience. This, of course, has never worked and even though Flu will try again most likely, it will be the same end result since with the pandemic, nobody's going to give a fuck about gender politics (not like many fucks were given by the general public on the topic to begin with).

The truth is that Flu is just a fine example of a completely worthless human being with no actual self-sustaining skills people would pay money for. They'd probably be in a ditch dead of heroin overdose if Frank hadn't married 'em.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Going for author myself. Wu has "so much experience" to write about from being a "woman in tech," "experiencing harrassment from the alt right," "getting into politics" and his totally true childhood. The fact it's all lies or exaggerations means nothing to him and whatever ghost writer he'll hire
It is also something he can do on his own. Well, as much as he does anything on his own. His cybersecurity tweet is an obvious lie, or a gross over exaggeration, like someone tweeting he'd be good at cyber security or something after he threw around a few buzzwords.

Video is technically a possibility too for the same reason, but I don't know if Frank still has enough money to throw into that, and there's no way Wu is doing/knows how to do any of the heavy lifting required to make a game. I have similar thoughts on him writing anything lengthy. I imagine he'd start it, get bored, then write a cliff notes version and throw some of Frank's money at a ghost writer to cobble together a final product. If the ghost writer was particularly unlucky, John might be too lazy to even write an outline and just ramble over the phone instead and basically make the writer interview him.

Alternatively, he just writes a few short articles (and I use that term very loosely) that he throws on a user submission site like Medium. He probably has enough leverage to get some vague tech-sounding article on the likes of Polygon too if he reached out through twitter.

MsStevieMarie

Mmm... Bigot sandwich *drools*
kiwifarms.net
Going for author myself. Wu has "so much experience" to write about from being a "woman in tech," "experiencing harrassment from the alt right," "getting into politics" and his totally true childhood. The fact it's all lies or exaggerations means nothing to him and whatever ghost writer he'll hire
Get ready for Crash Override 2: Electric BoogaWu.

Coming... Eventually.

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
Maybe some woke Corp will pay Johnny to become the thing progressives hate. A lobbyist.
Would be the smartest move to leverage his tiny political power and make some ez cash. However he will fuck that up because lobbyists need to be nice people to be around and John will scare away people. He will then write a buzzfeed article about transphobia in lobbying and get a job as a journalist.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Maybe make that sequel to R60, that game that relied on a sequel for the story to not suck.
Ah, yes, Revolution 62, which was supposed to involve some kind of code that was generated at the end of the game because R60 had "choices".

IIRC some brave Kiwis tried to figure out what the code system and and eventually determined that it was all randomly generated horseshit and Revolution 62 was never intended to exist.

Tags
None