2020-12-20 - Kara Leigh Reynolds: "doxxing" -

Pocket_Sand!

The sand is not in my pockets, but in my soul.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Scared for her life and her families life.
>Thread has been up for 4 years

Was she living in a bunker for those 4 years holed up with her kin? Why is it suddenly a problem now

I think the last three or four of these things have been over tiny threads that have been dead for years before they send Null their "take that off the god-damned internet" threats. I don't get why it's a problem now either, or how she found it. Has she been googling her name over and over and searching the results 10 pages deep? It's not like Wu or Tommy's threads with thousands of pages, it's pretty benign, and with no attention from the cow would probably just have continued to be a tiny irrelevant thread.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net

Civil Laws Against Doxxing

If the doxxer uses private information to damage your reputation, you may be able to sue for defamation. However, you have to prove that the doxxer's statements about you (express or implied) are false. And, you have to identify the doxxer. Some social media and other sites require users to provide their names, which the site makes publicly available. In certain states, you may be able to bring an action for invasion of privacy against the doxxer. Same caveats apply as to anonymity.

That is A LOT of qualifiers. Approximately the same amount of qualifiers required to feed 3 generations of the lawyer's progeny.
Imagine trying to pursue that suit. Minimum retainer would start at 6 figures, with monthly replenishment.

Ronnie Rocket

She's filled with secrets...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is A LOT of qualifiers. Approximately the same amount of qualifiers required to feed 3 generations of the lawyer's progeny.
Imagine trying to pursue that suit. Minimum retainer would start at 6 figures, with monthly replenishment.
And yet that's what she brought to the table to prove her claim...
:thinking:

Useful_Mistake

Trying to teach law to another retard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't mention under what state laws it is illegal, the federal crime link is a proposed bill that's been dead since 2017 and never voted on since its proposal.
Regardless, like all similar laws, had it been passed, she would still need to prove it was done with intent to "threaten, intimidate, harass, or cause other harm." and not to just collect info like phonebooks do.
The article said that you could get imprisoned for doxing, and the only proof of that claim was a propesed bill. Lame. Regardless, despite many articles on doxing in Florida, none can seem to prove that doxing is illegal in Florida.
This article is correct. Doxing is not a crime, in many states, but cyberstalking is.
Screenshot_20201223-131606_Chrome.jpg

Anyway, in KiwiFarms case, Cyberbullying is illegal in Florida. Although, and she would know this is she looked for law instead of articles, it only applies to school children, and school employees, while also done at school.

How is she incapable of citing actual law? Anyway, Cyberstalking is illegal in florida.
Few very important bits "communicate... causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose."
Posting on farms about her is not communicating to her, and it serves a purpose regardless (archive, news, amusment, ect)
you people need to educate yourselves
tenor (1).gif

Mr. X

kiwifarms.net
Fully aware that I'm quite late finding this, but did anyone else think of Moleman9000 while reading this? The usage of "dude" and "cyberbullying," and the belief that the latter is a crime, could have been lifted directly from one of his posts.