2020 U.S. Presidential Election - Trump vs. ?

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
IMO, it could go either way depending on how Trump handles the whole coronavirus issue in the following weeks. Trump's path to reelection could literally become a gold-plated moving walkway if normalcy is quickly restored and the death count kept relatively low, or it might become considerably bumpier if things last too long. I think he should have shut up about the stock market long ago, since the stock market =/= the economy.

Twitter is a poor indicator of the general mood of ultranormie society (only 20% of all adults are on Twitter), and legacy media still has an oversized influence, unfortunately.

Biden's townhalls are unconvincing, but his greatest virtue is that he offers a return to a boring Obama-era 'Dignified Presidentialness'. Basically promising a respite from all the craziness of the last four years. Legacy media will cover for him, but Trump can make his largest impact by debates and using his accumulated warchest in Ad/GOTV drives (Bloomberg will likely cover for Biden).

Biden's presidency will likely be driven from the back seat by the State Department and the VP, and he's likely China's preferred candidate (since they were in cahoots with the Obama presidency).

Bernie can do his best by staying on like a tick and making the Democrats waste time settling the candidacy.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
IMO, it could go either way depending on how Trump handles the whole coronavirus issue in the following weeks. Trump's path to reelection could literally become a gold-plated moving walkway if normalcy is quickly restored and the death count kept relatively low, or it might become considerably bumpier if things last too long. I think he should have shut up about the stock market long ago, since the stock market =/= the economy.

Twitter is a poor indicator of the general mood of ultranormie society (only 20% of all adults are on Twitter), and legacy media still has an oversized influence, unfortunately.

Biden's townhalls are unconvincing, but his greatest virtue is that he offers a return to a boring Obama-era 'Dignified Presidentialness'. Basically promising a respite from all the craziness of the last four years. Legacy media will cover for him, but Trump can make his largest impact by debates and using his accumulated warchest in Ad/GOTV drives (Bloomberg will likely cover for Biden).

Biden's presidency will likely be driven from the back seat by the State Department and the VP, and he's likely China's preferred candidate (since they were in cahoots with the Obama presidency).

Bernie can do his best by staying on like a tick and making the Democrats waste time settling the candidacy.
Well, Trump's approval rating had a 5-point jump in the past week. He's almost sitting pretty at a 50% approval rating. If he keeps that up, then that alone should pave his path to victory in November. I expect his numbers to climb more as this crisis goes on, especially after what the Democrats in Congress pulled this week, which was heinous and vindictive in every which way.

You consider that, and then you take into account that Trump is literally on TV every single day with those press conferences about the virus. It's been confirmed that those press conferences receive really high ratings/viewership, too. Him being on a public stage like that every single day, in a time of crisis (which is historically kind to incumbents), is doing him ALL of the favors right now. Not to mention that Trump's tone throughout all of this has not been one of panic or dread; his tone has been both a determined and an optimistic tone ... Americans like optimism, especially in times like these.

You compare that to Joe Biden, who completely went MIA when this pandemic started to impact the country. This week, he's finally out of hiding, doing interviews with softball questions ... And he can't even get through those without looking senile. He's reluctant to debate Bernie at this point as well, with his campaign claiming that the two of them have "debated enough." Going up against Joe Biden should be an absolute cakewalk for Trump at this point, at least in the debates.

With Biden, everyone really has to pay attenton to who he picks as his running mate. Right now, I can actually see that person being Andrew Cuomo or Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is simply detestable among most voters (and she's a loser-- so there's bad optics on that alone), and Andrew Cuomo would get obliterated by the Trump campaign. The health industry in New York has taken hit after hit for years under his governing. He had the chance 5 years ago to stock up the hospitals with ventilators, and he didn't do it, for starters. You have Pence say that on the debate stage, and Cuomo is fucking done-zo.

And then there's Bernie. Well, if Bernie really IS staying in it to try to win it, then Trump doesn't have to do much to obliterate him. Bernie wasn't even there to vote on the COVID-19 relief bill a few days ago. The man is a snake oil salesman, and he can't even beat a flat-out senile Joe Biden. What chance does he have against Trump? Haha.

So yeah, unless Trump does something policy-wise that will damage the economy even further, then I anticipate a pretty easy victory for him in November.

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Welp. If Cuomo is indeed either (a) Biden's running mate, or (b) the "new" Democrat Presidential nominee for 2020, then they are so beyond fucked in November.

A lot of the stuff that Cuomo got praised for 10 days ago in regards to how "fabulously" he's handled the virus in New York? Yeah ... About that ...

Prison workers say they're not producing hand sanitizer like Cuomo pledged they would (archive)

:story: :story: :story:

Democrats are absolutely, positively boned if Cuomo is their last hope to beat Trump.

Last edited:

ShadowDoc

kiwifarms.net
Welp. If Cuomo is indeed either (a) Biden's running mate, or (b) the "new" Democrat Presidential nominee for 2020, then they are so beyond fucked in November.

A lot of the stuff that Cuomo got praised for 10 days ago in regards to how "fabulously" he's handled the virus in New York? Yeah ... About that ...

Prison workers say they're not producing hand sanitizer like Cuomo pledged they would (archive)

:story: :story: :story:

Democrats are abolutely, positively boned if Cuomo is their last hope to beat Trump.
Honestly, no matter which way you look at it, the Dems have made it completely impossible for anyone sane to support them. This will just kill them even further, it's like watching a plane crash into a train then the train derails and takes out some cars with it.

Now on the topic of alternate Dem candidates, many including a certain Pro-Trump community are predicting that Hillary Clinton will run again. I think both sides underestimate how much people either hate or don't give a shit about Hillary.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net

Biden's trying to declare himself victor and weasel out of any further debates with Sanders.

Small wonder, too, since he's somehow gotten even less coherent.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net

Pretty much this. Trumps first term has been pretty much easy mode. Historical levels of international stability, good economic growth world wide, and what few landmines were in his way he either studiously refused to even take up or in the case of the Iranian general managed to pull off a double backflip over. Corona-chan is the first real test of his Presidency, and its a doozy. This is the kind of crisis that can break ANY Presidency. referring to it as a war time situation is pretty accurate tbqh. If he manages to pull a hat trick on this the Democrats won't win, not even if they manage to reanimate the corspse of JFK and put Zombie Hoover in charge of his opposition research. If he doesn't pull it off, well we are all fucked anyway. The Stakes are pretty much that high. Its been a long time since we've had a crisis where the buy in is literally the future of the country, but this one is it I fear.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
With Biden, everyone really has to pay attenton to who he picks as his running mate. Right now, I can actually see that person being Andrew Cuomo or Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is simply detestable among most voters (and she's a loser-- so there's bad optics on that alone), and Andrew Cuomo would get obliterated by the Trump campaign. The health industry in New York has taken hit after hit for years under his governing. He had the chance 5 years ago to stock up the hospitals with ventilators, and he didn't do it, for starters. You have Pence say that on the debate stage, and Cuomo is fucking done-zo.

And then there's Bernie. Well, if Bernie really IS staying in it to try to win it, then Trump doesn't have to do much to obliterate him. Bernie wasn't even there to vote on the COVID-19 relief bill a few days ago. The man is a snake oil salesman, and he can't even beat a flat-out senile Joe Biden. What chance does he have against Trump? Haha.
The interesting thing is that Biden has walked himself into a corner by declaring that his VP would be a female, especially in time when none of the current VP candidates are all that great. I also found it interesting that the VP announcement essentially was a moment when you could clearly differentiate the differences between the Liberals and the Progressives- the Liberals clapping like seals about female representation, while the Progressives were pointing out that Sarah Palin was a VP choice too.

Bernie likely can't win, but I think he should at least make a stand for himself and his movement. IMO, to the Progressive movement, Biden presidency is probably going to be 'worse' than a Trump presidency in that the US's structural issues will be swept under the carpet of superficial 'niceness and compassionate government' and remain unaddressed.

If he doesn't pull it off, well we are all fucked anyway. The Stakes are pretty much that high. Its been a long time since we've had a crisis where the buy in is literally the future of the country, but this one is it I fear.
My concerns with a Biden/Dem Congress win are that the Democrats are:
1.) Looking for revenge in the pettiest manner possible;
2.) Looking to permanently cement their gains to create structural imbalances favoring Democrats, (i.e. ballot harvesting, mass amnesty, governing via judiciary, no voter ID, etc) - the stuff that permanently turned California Blue and turned Democrat-run cities into mini-fiefdoms;
3.) The US gets run via bureaucracy and consultants, resulting in less accountability, more make-work rules, less privacy, & more rigid, regulatory-captured institutions that can't respond to crises (i.e. the FDA)
4.) That the US will concede its battle against Chi-com authoritarian corporatism. Even if the US is flawed in practise, its founding ideals are 100% preferable to whatever vision China has for the world (likely a less free world rotating around the Middle Kingdom).
5.) The US gets embroiled in a permanent culture war and institutionalized equity. There will no longer be an 'American' identity- you instead get a whole bunch of labels designed to atomize your identity.

The next four years are fundamentally crucial in ensuring that the US gets away from the edge- it almost went over in 2016.

Last edited:

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Did we miss this?

Biden is being MeToo'd.

How do you archive Soundcloud?

Edit: Apparently, Time's Up, which is a SJW MeToo enforcement org, covered for Biden and refused to work with the woman. For those following Weeb Wars, Time's Up was helping one of the harpies who falsely accused Vic.

The BernieBros smell blood in the water.
I don't think you need to worry about Katie deleting the interview.

The neoliberal shills are pretty desperate to try and attack Biden's victim.

Some San Fran gook who goes by the name of 'Joanne Bryant' tried to claim that his victim was some crazy bitch who went on Dr. Phil to claim she was Putin's mistress.

There is no resemblance. What gives? Do all Americans look the same to this slanty-eyed Viet?
1585261389086.png

https://archive.li/Jtrrg

She later admitted this was an outright lie but is still denying the fact that Joe Biden is a rapist.

Last edited:

break these cuffs

Wagner loves cock
kiwifarms.net
I don't think you need to worry about Katie deleting the interview.

The neoliberal shills are pretty desperate to try and attack Biden's victim.

Some gook who works for State Farm in California and goes by the name of 'Joanne Bryant' (1975-01-07) tried to claim that his victim was some crazy bitch who went on Dr. Phil to claim she was Putin's mistress.

There is no resemblance. What gives? Do all Americans look the same to this slanty-eyed Viet?
View attachment 1204118
https://archive.li/Jtrrg

She later admitted this was an outright lie but is still denying the fact that Joe Biden is a rapist.
She made up an outlandish lie for attention? To be fair her accusation isn't outlandish and Biden is a documented creeper.
:thinking:

break these cuffs

Wagner loves cock
kiwifarms.net
To clarify things- lying VC gook Joanne Bryant made up this lie about Joe Biden's rape victim Tara Reade. Pity her parents didn't catch more Agent Orange.
Ahh, I see. I didn't click on the link and misunderstood who the she was. It sort of fit because she had a Russian friend who told her about Russia and she wrote about it quite a bit. I thought she turned into a Russiaboo.

Reactions: 3119967d0c

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net

Biden's trying to declare himself victor and weasel out of any further debates with Sanders.

Small wonder, too, since he's somehow gotten even less coherent.
Biden's also stopped his live streamed shadow press briefings after a week of failure and fuckups
His "happy hour" live stream round table peaked at 2,800 viewers... They also turned off live chat, but forgot the comments which are eating him alive
http://archive.li/HFNQF (Youtube comment archive)

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Cuomo wonders if coronavirus quarantine may have backfired in some cases (archive)

Cuomo is second guessing himself publically on his entire strategy on combating the Coronavirus. Not a good thing to do considering New York is currently in the midst of this "war with an invisible enemy." Way to bring morale down with the people who are struggling in NY at this moment.

Yeah. Stick a fucking fork in this guy if he's being propped up as some Democrat godsend opponent against Trump (whether it be as Biden's running mate or as the nominee himself).

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Where did all this stuff about Cuomo as nominee come from anyway? Is it just because he has a D in front of his name and can still string together coherent sentences while not simultaneously being a communist?
Because a few idiots suddenly thought : "Hey this guy is out there, and he seems to be doing a decent job handling the Corona virus in his state. Maybe we ought to look to him if something should happen to Joe." It's just that stupid.

Tags
None