2020 U.S. Presidential Election - Trump vs. Biden

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
The left has realized that Biden is... a problem. But they sure as hell ain't gonna let Bernie have it. So they're thinking forward to how they're gonna get out of this mess.
It's a bit late for them to be switching candidates now, they need at least some of the left-wing base to vote for them in order to even have a hypothetical chance of beating Trump and that's going to be hard enough to accomplish with Biden for all sorts of reasons, it will be practically impossible if they go with Cuomo because he never even went through the primary. I can practically hear the "Selected, not elected!" chants now.

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
Guys, I think your kind of off-track here. The election isn't going to be about Biden, or if he kneels over, any of the Democrats. It's going to be about Trump and his performance as president. Right now, it seems like he could, given the rise in approval ratings. But that comes with caveats - first, the state governors have seen far larger increases, past presidents facing similar national disasters have seen larger increases (e.g. Carter in the first phase of the Iran hostiage crisis, Bush on Sept. 11th) and contemporary national leaders have seen the same larger increases*. My hypothesis is that while he is experiencing a bit of the "rally round the leader" effect, it doesn't cancel out how much liberals/leftists hate him.

So, I think that the election will boil down to this question: can the country return to some sense of normal by May the 1st? I think May is going to be absolutely limit that any of the stay-in-place/shelter order can be psychologically or economically maintained.

If it can, then he'll be able to crow on his "victory" over the virus and his detractors in the Democratic Party and the media. He can craft a campaign message on getting the country back on it feet, securing the borders and getting industry back home. While I think he has mismanaged the response, especially early on, pretty much everybody has done the same; I think he do what the CCP has done and get the relevant people to forget that inital fuckups. If so, then I think Trump had good chances to beat the Dem.

However, if one or multiple states become American Hubeis or Lombardys then I suspect that Trump and the GOP is absolutely fucked. No matter of spin can hidw the overflowing hospitals and funeral homes. It's going to be Katrina multiple times over and even the Republican's Senate majority could be in trouble.

Here's the thing - while I hope for the former to happen, the latter is become more and more likely. I doubt that the country can meet Trump's vague goal of returning to normal by Easter, and I think any moves to fill up pews and open businesses up again will only trigger new outbreaks that will require further lockdowns that will continue to the hurt the economy and require massive bailouts to repair that the GOP is desperate to avoid. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

* EDIT: Found this article on leader ratings, and this isn't quite true. Macron in France and ALMO in Mexico have lower coronavirus approvals, with Trudeau following. The Premier of Quebec, meanwhile has a 94% positive rating.

Last edited:

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
The election isn't going to be about Biden, or if he kneels over, any of the Democrats. It's going to be about Trump and his performance as president.
Nah, this election will not be a referendum on Trump. This election will be a referendum on the Democrats. It will be a referendum on their embrace of identity politics, politcal correctness, men in dresses calling themselves women, open borders, censorship, slavery reparations, antisemitism, smug condescension of everyday people, wokeness, perpetual victimhood, the media and all the other crap that comes along with them.

If people side with the President, despite his many flaws and any apprehensions they may have about him, then that is a de facto referendum on the Dems, not Trump.

However, if one or multiple states become American Hubeis or Lombardys then I suspect that Trump and the GOP is absolutely fucked.
The hot spots are mostly confined to New York, California and Washington. If you think people in Nebraska or Tennessee or Wyoming are gonna punish Trump because the people who called them deplorables are dying from Chinese Coronavirus.... then I don't know what to tell you.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
The hot spots are mostly confined to New York, California and Washington. If you think people in Nebraska or Tennessee or Wyoming are gonna punish Trump because the people who called them deplorables are dying from Chinese Coronavirus.... then I don't know what to tell you.
Those 3 states were openly defying the GOP / Trump's call to prepare, too. People remember that sort of shit. And we still have 8 months for the GOP to hammer home the message that Trump tried to prepare for this shit and the DNC was too busy making up shit to try and deny the GOP base their right to vote by undoing the 2016 election.

If the Trump Pills work, and it's looking very likely that they do -- hell, the fact that China is trying to tell us they don't while also demanding we send them as much of it as possible is proof enough for me -- then Trump's got 2020 in the bag and whomever he picks as his successor probably has 2024 / 2028 in the bag, too.

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. Stick a fucking fork in this guy if he's being propped up as some Democrat godsend opponent against Trump (whether it be as Biden's running mate or as the nominee himself).
As a New Yorker, we could have told you that decades ago about the fucking Cuomos. I loathe this state.

Andrew's been openly gunning for the Presidency for years, so it's not surprising his time is coming.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
As a New Yorker, we could have told you that decades ago about the fucking Cuomos. I loathe this state.

Andrew's been openly gunning for the Presidency for years, so it's not surprising his time is coming.
Even if he is gunning for the Presidency, I don't see him doing it this election cycle, it's too late for him to join in and really gain popular support. Some people liking his response to the Coronavirus won't change that.

Syaoran Li

White Trash Degenerate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even if he is gunning for the Presidency, I don't see him doing it this election cycle, it's too late for him to join in and really gain popular support. Some people liking his response to the Coronavirus won't change that.
I think Cuomo's going to attach himself to Biden, but I doubt he'll really start his run for the White House until 2024.

Personally, I'd love to see Milo Yiannopolous to move to New York and run against Cuomo in New York, just for the trainwreck that would be on all ends.

The GOP in New York could print T-shirts and hats with a campaign slogan that says "Vote for the Homo, not Cuomo" and Milo could finally be in the spotlight again to satisfy his attention whore complex.

Last edited:

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
kiwifarms.net
So what will they do once Joe becomes the nominee? Have him become a King-Rook? Have two different versions of Biden?

He's probably negotiation alongside the DNC with the Sanders campaign to get him to exit as gracefully as possible. Meanwhile, he's posting stuff on Twitter and the likes, such as this wonderful video. Just listen to that background music.
View attachment 1199000
Old post now, but I was thrown for a loop to see that this is an ad in favor of Biden. He sounded like a whimpering bitch. A bloo bloo bloo, we have to come together in a drum circle and unite the world to hope the virus goes away with good vibes. Yeah, only one man sounded like he was in charge there, and it wasn't the dude on the right.

Pickle Dick

CJ and Flick are gay, deal with it
kiwifarms.net
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet
Bill Weld dropped out a few days ago

I'm pretty sure every stopped caring about him by that point

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
It's a bit late for them to be switching candidates now, they need at least some of the left-wing base to vote for them in order to even have a hypothetical chance of beating Trump and that's going to be hard enough to accomplish with Biden for all sorts of reasons, it will be practically impossible if they go with Cuomo because he never even went through the primary. I can practically hear the "Selected, not elected!" chants now.
I wonder if it might be possible for Cuomo to sneak in via the VP position? Biden is definitely not going to last four years as a functioning president, and the US may be at some point, run via a VP/State Department regency.

Again, this contradicts Biden's pledge for a female VP, but I think the Democrats are willing to break any rules if it means that they have a chance.

However, if one or multiple states become American Hubeis or Lombardys then I suspect that Trump and the GOP is absolutely fucked. No matter of spin can hide the overflowing hospitals and funeral homes. It's going to be Katrina multiple times over and even the Republican's Senate majority could be in trouble.

Here's the thing - while I hope for the former to happen, the latter is become more and more likely. I doubt that the country can meet Trump's vague goal of returning to normal by Easter, and I think any moves to fill up pews and open businesses up again will only trigger new outbreaks that will require further lockdowns that will continue to the hurt the economy and require massive bailouts to repair that the GOP is desperate to avoid. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
One of the issues is that there's so much political posturing that bad-faith messaging (especially on legacy media) is hard to isolate from the actual severity of the issue. Even if it doesn't become Katrina, media and the establishment will do their hardest to make it seem like one.

MSNBC has just stopped pretending not to be biased as fuck.

It's cynical, but the Democrats benefit the longer they can depict Trump as having no control of the situation, even at a time when the US needs to stand together. A 'boring but peaceful' Biden presidency will definitely be contrasted against an 'unstable' Trump presidency.

View attachment 1205808
I thought the top "trend" read "joe biden's c u m for a second"

Last edited:

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
Again, this contradicts Biden's pledge for a female VP, but I think the Democrats are willing to break any rules if it means that they have a chance.
Walking back the pledge would be ten times worse than never making it. Now that he has though, he's stuck with it.

I still think it'll be Stacy Abrams. For some reason they think it'll help them win Georgia and its two Senate seats up even though she lost a statewide election in a wave year.

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
Bill Weld dropped out a few days ago

I'm pretty sure every stopped caring about him by that point
It's interesting to me that Weld insisted on wasting his time on the Republican primary and didn't run as a Libertarian again as he did as Gary Johnson's running mate.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any mentions to how the lack of a good 3rd party candidate should help Trump. Johnson got 3-5% in most of the competitive states, and I assume most of his voters would have went Trump, or at least would never vote D.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's interesting to me that Weld insisted on wasting his time on the Republican primary and didn't run as a Libertarian again as he did as Gary Johnson's running mate.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any mentions to how the lack of a good 3rd party candidate should help Trump. Johnson got 3-5% in most of the competitive states, and I assume most of his voters would have went Trump, or at least would never vote D.
Even scouting where the libertarian vote comes from is tricky these days. A lot of the "pot smoking republican" demographic dipped for the gop around and after the tea party started secularizing things incrementally, so you got the libertarian "core" going super hyper batshit instead of just regular crazy.

Tags
None