2020 U.S. Presidential Election - Trump vs. Biden

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

RockPaper

kiwifarms.net
Sounds more like a JAQ shitpost
I don't want to sound all Q-Boomer on this, but maybe this is a threat he's trying to use to get a lot of the lockdowns to loosen up? It's pretty obvious Trump knows this would have to go through Congress, who would not pass it at all.
That actually makes some sense, because it looks like he's just JAQ'ing it.

It'd never happen anyway, and I'm glad it won't. If you can hold the 1864 election in the middle of a shooting civil war, you can hold one now.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds more like a JAQ shitpost

That actually makes some sense, because it looks like he's just JAQ'ing it.

It'd never happen anyway, and I'm glad it won't. If you can hold the 1864 election in the middle of a shooting civil war, you can hold one now.
Agreed, although the 1864 Election was able to be held partly due to the fact that the Confederate states weren't even voting in it.

IIRC, that's partly why Lincoln justified having the election to Congress and why he picked a Southern Democrat as his VP in 1864.

I don't think Dems are in any mood to negotiate these days.
True, but this is the kind of thing that could scare the fuck out of the more established Dems and if Trump is smart, he'll find a way to make sure the bigwigs know to negotiate with him and the GOP over these lockdown issues.

Abyssal Bulwark

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
kiwifarms.net
Honest opinions, was this a smart or dumb move?

I expect CNN and every liberal rag in the land to have a field day with this though and the TDS to go through the roof.
Even if he's playing 4D Chess with this for some purpose (which I think is the likely option, either that or sarcasm) I still wouldn't have done it if I were him.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
The 6D underwater backgammon interpretation is that he wants to begin laying down the narrative that widespread voter fraud is likely to happen. Which I agree with.

Mail-in voting is going to be one of those things that “ballot harvesters” can and will take advantage of. If there’s no checks by the government to eliminate fraudulent mail-in votes, there’s not even a point in holding the elections. Lots of mail trucks full of 100% Democrat votes roll in as necessary to get the election results they want. Certainly more votes than the usual car trunks and lockers.

Tathagata

He who has thus come/gone
kiwifarms.net
Even if he's playing 4D Chess with this for some purpose (which I think is the likely option, either that or sarcasm) I still wouldn't have done it if I were him.
I guess it could be distraction from economic numbers? I don't know, seems dumb. But maybe it's better for Trump if people think he's constitutionally dumb rather than economically dumb.

Coh

Patron Saint of Shitposting
kiwifarms.net

I expect CNN and every liberal rag in the land to have a field day with this though and the TDS to go through the roof.
At this point, you either don't mind Trump (even if you think he's piggish) or absolutely hate him. So really it doesn't matter. Either it's stupid bullshit he said, or a threat to start a dictatorship.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
The thing that sucks is that if Trump wins in 2020, then 2024 is going to be even worse.

Hell, it could be worse even if Biden wins. People have clearly shown that appeasement doesn't work; they'll just keep on fighting because now "it's working."
I can't wait for Kanye 2024 or based bearded Cruz 2024 against whatever communist the Democrats put up in 2024.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net

We won't know until earliest 2-4 weeks from now. The media reaction is not important, but considering every other time he tweets something considered to be ridiculous like this it's done purposely to distract, nobody can know if it was smart or not until we know what he is distracting from.

Ex. If this tweet leads to the FCC ruling in his adminstrations favor of limiting rule 230c(or w/e its proper number is) in regards to website editor vs publisher game tech giants like to play I would consider it a smart move though other people disagreeing with that is understandable.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can see a 8d Snakes And Ladders of this creating a chorus of "no! we can't push it back!" to respond with "well, okay, we'd better make sure we don't push anything back!" to cancel some shutdowns or something
or Trump just tweeted some random shit to poke the ant hill like usual

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone mentioned in the A&H thread about the tweet that it takes New York state months to count up all the ballots for their General Election. If Vote By Mail were to happen at a national level, then it could a long time before we even know who the winner is.

e: And the media would have no business running their shows election night like they do since it would be all bullshit.

Last edited:

Puff

God of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
At this point, you either don't mind Trump (even if you think he's piggish) or absolutely hate him. So really it doesn't matter. Either it's stupid bullshit he said, or a threat to start a dictatorship.
Election, not inauguration, you sperg.

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
The thing that sucks is that if Trump wins in 2020, then 2024 is going to be even worse.

Hell, it could be worse even if Biden wins. People have clearly shown that appeasement doesn't work; they'll just keep on fighting because now "it's working."
Give me rainbows, but I guarantee the current insane times we are living in are going to change soon. Zoomers hate the way world is now with censorship and constant fear tactics, and they're well aware which side is causing most of it. I see it every day where I work, teenagers in the last 5 years or so are remarkably different, especially when talking about their futures. By 2028, I expect enormous change as Zoomers reach young adulthood.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Give me rainbows, but I guarantee the current insane times we are living in are going to change soon. Zoomers hate the way world is now with censorship and constant fear tactics, and they're well aware which side is causing most of it. I see it every day where I work, teenagers in the last 5 years or so are remarkably different, especially when talking about their futures. By 2028, I expect enormous change as Zoomers reach young adulthood.
Let's also note that Zoomers are among the most affected with the ridiculous COVID shutdowns.

Because of politics, a lot of Zoomers missed huge milestones in their lives, such as graduation, prom, and Senior high school/college sports. Hell, a lot of Zoomers are in limbo about what they're even going to do for college in the Fall altogether. We've basically had all of our political leaders tell young people that their lives and happiness don't matter; that the lives of people in their 80's and 90's matter more (and those people were actually able to live their full lives).

Personally, I believe that Zoomers are very much going to be more conservative/less leftist than Millennials are. We've had Milennials and Boomers essentially tell Zoomers to fuck off this year, and I think that's definitely going to "redpill" a significant amount of them. Plus, the idea of counter culture is absolutely a thing; leftist ideology is now a corporate-backed thing if the BLM movement has proven anything. Nobody thinks there's going to be a backlash of that in some form? We're already seeing it.

Xerxes IX

Neko Atsume cat named Sargon of Aclawed next?
kiwifarms.net
Let's also note that Zoomers are among the most affected with the ridiculous COVID shutdowns.

Because of politics, a lot of Zoomers missed huge milestones in their lives, such as graduation, prom, and Senior high school/college sports. Hell, a lot of Zoomers are in limbo about what they're even going to do for college in the Fall altogether. We've basically had all of our political leaders tell young people that their lives and happiness don't matter; that the lives of people in their 80's and 90's matter more (and those people were actually able to live their full lives).

Personally, I believe that Zoomers are very much going to be more conservative/less leftist than Millennials are. We've had Milennials and Boomers essentially tell Zoomers to fuck off this year, and I think that's definitely going to "redpill" a significant amount of them. Plus, the idea of counter culture is absolutely a thing; leftist ideology is now a corporate-backed thing if the BLM movement has proven anything. Nobody thinks there's going to be a backlash of that in some form? We're already seeing it.
I think Zoomers are going to be genuinely less authoritarian too, not just authoritarian for thee but not for me. With sanitized social media culture and the lockdowns I think all this is going to leave them with a bad taste in their mouth in terms of not being allowed to do much because it theoretically will hurt someone else.

Tags
None