2020 U.S. Presidential Election - It's never too early to start!

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I don't even have a Twitter account. I parse information from Twitter as a whole; I don't use an account because if you have an account they can more-easily limit what Tweets you can see. I don't care where information comes from so long as its first-hand and verifiable. I link to CNN and Washington Post articles just as often as I link to FOX or Daily Caller. It makes no difference at all to me because I don't turn my nose up at information purely because the messenger is supporting a political party that I don't like.

That would be idiotic.
And yet you'd link shit from noted non-partisan source Trump War Room? What's next? Breitbart? RT?

We see through this shit, sorry.

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net
And yet you'd link shit from noted non-partisan source Trump War Room? What's next? Breitbart? RT?

You're trying way too hard, man. No one cares about the source as long as the source shows evidence for its claims and doesn't deter the context. Now, of course taking it from the Trump War Room, shows that it's a biased right-wing outlet, pro-Trump, but just because we take shit from partisan sources doesn't mean we support said partisan sources. I think CNN is a good source for statistics and more generalized articles (most of the time), but that doesn't mean we support them. They are very much so partisan for the Democratic Party. We could care less as long as the information is backed up by multiple sources, like HK-47 mentioned. The fact that you're complaining is only through your petty hatred of orange man, that doesn't seem like hatred out of genuine complaints for the guy (which a ton can be said, particularly through some of his behaviors and use of social media), but out of a typical try-hard snark that feels like it's out of personal obligation/insecurity rather than objective statements, that of which can be found in many TDS'ers from the TDS thread.

What do you "see through"?

HK is looking specifically for news that makes conservatives look good and liberals look bad? No, really? The dude who supports the conservatives and doesn't support the liberals reports things that support his viewpoint?

Nobody ever tried to claim HK was a a neutral bias free media source. If you thought that, you're a fucking moron.

However, all that means is you shouldn't use HK as an unbiased news source. If a biased news source links to a FACT that you can verify for yourself, that has no bearing on the truth or relevance of the fact.

Joe Biden tweeted that. You can see it on twitter, or anywhere else you want. You don't even seem to be saying it's false. You're just throwing vague aspersions about HK's sources like it matters.

What's wrong with linking a well sourced Breitbart or RT article? I mean, yeah, you gotta use diligence and check the sources and shit, but if they check out they check out.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
HK is looking specifically for news that makes conservatives look good and liberals look bad?
Why would I need to do that? Literally everything that any Conservative says or does is plastered into every corner of the internet. MSNBC, CNN, Buzzfeed, VOX, BBC, Huffington Post, Washington Post, The Root, the list is nigh-endless. I mean a weird-looking kid in a red hat smirked at a guy and we got wall-to-wall coverage for two weeks straight. A liberal could straight-up call someone a nigger on live television--which one did-- and all of these news outlets would bend over backwards to even avoid talking about it.

Shit-talking the conservatives is a crowded market right now; there's not much you can even say that all of these sources haven't already been screaming for the past three years straight, but when it comes to pointing out the hypocrisy and idiocy on the Left, there's exceptionally few mainstream sources that will even approach the topic.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
I mean, I already knew this, but it's amazing how polarized the Dems are just within their own party. 30% are afraid they will go too far left to win. 30% are afraid they won't go far enough left to win. They are living in alternate, mutually exclusive realities. Literally the only thing that unites them is opposing Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Trump to any of the Neocons running in '16. But I wonder what the Dems would be like now without Trump to at least somewhat unify against.

RedStorm

Marius Mule
kiwifarms.net
I mean, I already knew this, but it's amazing how polarized the Dems are just within their own party. 30% are afraid they will go too far left to win. 30% are afraid they won't go far enough left to win. They are living in alternate, mutually exclusive realities. Literally the only thing that unites them is opposing Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Trump to any of the Neocons running in '16. But I wonder what the Dems would be like now without Trump to at least somewhat unify against.

They'd be united against any Republican. Romney and McCain were both vilified as dangerous and fascistic. Many also claimed that Bush Jr would deny the outcome of the 2008 election.

They're a special kind of autistic when it comes to Trump, but even a Rubio or Kasich would be attacked in the same way all other Republican Presidents would be attacked.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
The only candidate that I think has a good chance of beating Donald Trump is Andrew Yang, and I believe this for several reasons:
  1. He is the only Democratic candidate who has earnestly attempted to reach out to disaffected conservatives, libertarians, and independents, which coupled with his support among Democrats and progressives, could potentially give him a lot of bipartisan appeal.
  2. He speaks to a lot of the same issues which caused Donald Trump to be elected (automation, loss of manufacturing jobs, economic anxiety, etc), but unlike Trump, he understands the real source of the problem, and offers clear solutions.
  3. He doesn't waste time with identity politics. He occasionally pays lipservice to the identity politics crowd by offering things like reparations, but he is quick to steer the conversation back to all Americans.
  4. He doesn't fall into the trap of negative campaigning, and focuses his rhetoric squarely on optimistically selling his proposals, while everyone else is boring the audience by whining about Donald Trump.
  5. He is the only candidate who has a forward-thinking vision for the future, and is able to clearly back up his proposals with relevant anecdotes and data.
  6. He is smart, articulate, likable, and seemingly sincere; all things which Trump is obviously not.
  7. His optimism, intelligence, and bipartisan appeal would make him the clear winner against Trump in a presidential debate.
Prove me wrong.

RedStorm

Marius Mule
kiwifarms.net
The thing is, Yang is beta. His first debate performance was a disaster (Moderator: How will you pay for UBI? ; Yang: I'm s-sorry?), and while he did better in the second debate, the general American voting population isn't as inclined to support an introverted, awkward, geeky Asian as some might think. Yang supporters are predominantly extremely online internet addicts for a reason.

• Feels
Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

heyitsmike

kiwifarms.net
They'd be united against any Republican. Romney and McCain were both vilified as dangerous and fascistic. Many also claimed that Bush Jr would deny the outcome of the 2008 election.

They're a special kind of autistic when it comes to Trump, but even a Rubio or Kasich would be attacked in the same way all other Republican Presidents would be attacked.
I disagree. Yes, they hate all Republicans and would attack them anyway, but they wouldn't circle the wagons like withTrump.

And we already have a real world example: The UK. They just changed Prime Ministers. There was no Theresa May Derangement Syndrome. But there is a Boris Derangement Syndrome. Only personalities like Trump and Johnson, boorish, irreverent, unsophisticated create a resentment great enough to get a liberal off their ass and even go to a protest. Not that they'll do anything more. Otherwise they'd be oblivious as always.

RedStorm

Marius Mule
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. Yes, they hate all Republicans and would attack them anyway, but they wouldn't circle the wagons like withTrump.

And we already have a real world example: The UK. They just changed Prime Ministers. There was no Theresa May Derangement Syndrome. But there is a Boris Derangement Syndrome. Only personalities like Trump and Johnson, boorish, irreverent, unsophisticated create a resentment great enough to get a liberal off their ass and even go to a protest. Not that they'll do anything more. Otherwise they'd be oblivious as always.
The Trump/Boris kind of demeanor has its weaknesses and its strengths. While it energizes leftists, it also energizes the right. And leftists becoming more autistic in the eyes of normal people can work to the right's advantage .

A milquetoast conservative like Theresa May or Marco Rubio would lead to the left being less energized, but the right would be less energized at the same time, and there's still the possibility that they would piss off BOTH the left and the right, the former by simply being on the right, and the latter by 'cucking out' too much. There are people who think Trump and Boris aren't hardcore enough - there would likely be even more if we had a milquetoast conservative instead.

It's HK-47

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only candidate that I think has a good chance of beating Donald Trump is Andrew Yang, and I believe this for several reasons:
  1. He is the only Democratic candidate who has earnestly attempted to reach out to disaffected conservatives, libertarians, and independents, which coupled with his support among Democrats and progressives, could potentially give him a lot of bipartisan appeal.
  2. He speaks to a lot of the same issues which caused Donald Trump to be elected (automation, loss of manufacturing jobs, economic anxiety, etc), but unlike Trump, he understands the real source of the problem, and offers clear solutions.
  3. He doesn't waste time with identity politics. He occasionally pays lipservice to the identity politics crowd by offering things like reparations, but he is quick to steer the conversation back to all Americans.
  4. He doesn't fall into the trap of negative campaigning, and focuses his rhetoric squarely on optimistically selling his proposals, while everyone else is boring the audience by whining about Donald Trump.
  5. He is the only candidate who has a forward-thinking vision for the future, and is able to clearly back up his proposals with relevant anecdotes and data.
  6. He is smart, articulate, likable, and seemingly sincere; all things which Trump is obviously not.
  7. His optimism, intelligence, and bipartisan appeal would make him the clear winner against Trump in a presidential debate.
Prove me wrong.
The DNC is already screwing him as hard as they can by allowing him very little time to speak and then cutting his microphone off. I would be legitimately astonished if he got within 1,000 miles of the DNC nomination. It's a shame because I think a lot of his ideas are worth discussing and rather than just scream CLIMATE CHANGE as loudly as he can, he actually talks about legitimate, reasonable projects to restore ocean life and revitalize forestation, but... He's the Bernie Sanders 2016 of the 2020 election.

He's already a political outsider and he's not towing the party line as hard as he should, and the DNC is locked in crazy-mode right now. I just can't imagine that it's even going to get as far as the nomination to begin with, to say nothing of how well he would or wouldn't fare up against someone as overtly hostile and ruthless as Trump is going to be this next pass. I don't legitimately believe that someone as soft-spoken as Yang has the fortitude to stand up to the kind of bare-knuckle fight we're going to see this election, especially when his own party seems like it's intent on screwing him into the wall.

RedStorm

Marius Mule
kiwifarms.net
It's hilarious that many "dissident rightists" who were upset that Trump wasn't literally Orange Hitler decided to join the Yang Gang. Their argument was that Yang said a couple things favorable about white americans and didn't vilify them like other leftists. They also justified his leftist stances by saying "hurr blomf is being a leftist too, at least we get $1000 a month on top of it."

Just goes to show that many of them are useless mentally ill NEETs.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
He was clearly pressed into saying that by the circumstances of the interview. You have to remember that he still has to keep progressives on his side in order to have a path to the nomination, and at this point in the campaign, paying some lip service to the Trump derangement crowd is probably unavoidable; think of it like the time that Trump had to pay lip service to evangelicals.

My overall point still stands: of all the Democratic candidates in the race, Yang is the only one who isn't centering his campaign around how bad Donald Trump is. A single comment made in response to a leading question doesn't negate that fact.

I just can't imagine that it's even going to get as far as the nomination to begin with, to say nothing of how well he would or wouldn't fare up against someone as overtly hostile and ruthless as Trump is going to be this next pass.
I don't think this strategy will necessarily pay off for Trump this time around. We've now had 4 years of Trump's Tweets, scandals, name-calling, and verbal diarrhea, and a lot of people are clearly sick of it. A candidate who is earnest and positive might provide a refreshing contrast.

It's HK-47

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think this strategy will necessarily pay off for Trump this time around. We've now had 4 years of Trump's Tweets, scandals, name-calling, and verbal diarrhea, and a lot of people are clearly sick of it. A candidate who is earnest and positive might provide a refreshing contrast.
It's possible, but when I look at the DNC's money problems, and consider that they only have $~9,000,000 in their "War Chest" along with around $5,000,000 in debt compared to the RNC's/Trump's combined ~$105,000,000 with $0 in debt, along with the fact that Trump's approval rating throughout his Presidency has remained alarmingly stable regardless of what they've thrown at him, I walk away with the opinion that significantly more Moderates/Republics and maybe even Democrats are willing to donate to the RNC than the DNC, and that regardless of what they slam him with, Trump's base is astoundingly unmoved by it.

I'm of the belief that all of the outrage and the screaming is largely just manufactured by the media, and that significantly more people are upset with the rage-baiting by the media than they are with anything Trump himself has actually done or said. He can seem uncouth, loud, boisterous, and obnoxious depending on who you ask, but nothing's broken. If the average American is living comfortably and watching their bank account get bigger, they don't care too much about who called who a rat bastard.

It would be interesting to see a Trump v. Yang primary, though. I'd be very curious to see what the strategy became if he had to go up against a grounded, non-TDS-afflicted candidate as opposed to someone who's basically going to spend the entire campaign trail screaming about him being a KKK Super Racist, but I just can't see the DNC jumping up behind Yang when they've already done so much to try and sabotage him. It would be agonizingly ironic if it actually happened, too, and they repeatedly literally the same mistake they made with Bernie and caused all of the outraged potential Yang voters to start casting protest votes to Trump just to spite the DNC. Again.

heyitsmike

kiwifarms.net
He was clearly pressed into saying that by the circumstances of the interview. You have to remember that he still has to keep progressives on his side in order to have a path to the nomination, and at this point in the campaign, paying some lip service to the Trump derangement crowd is probably unavoidable; think of it like the time that Trump had to pay lip service to evangelicals.
If you can be so easily bullied into slandering someone as a white supremacist if you don't actually believe it, then you have no business being President.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino