2020 U.S. Presidential Election - It's never too early to start!

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

ClickerCar

kiwifarms.net
Whichever candidate says we going to amend some shit, like put a two term policy on people who occupy the senate and house. So they actually spend the time doing the job. Instead of all their efforts in pandering and fundraising so as to never lose their seat.

Elect the person that is focused on doing 'this or that' then be done. Two term for house, two term for senate. So if they are doing good things and liked/supported by the people they can stay involved in the gov but avoid the lifetime ascension that inevitably corrupts by the nature of having no restraints except for the capital required to campaign on.

Keep the gov- progressing forward and staying fresh. There is a reason the presidential office has a two term, make it consistent to all facets of elected government officials.

So, im looking for someone like that.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
If they lose 2020, it will devastate the DNC and if they lose a lot of seats in the 2022 Midterms, it may force them to rethink their strategy and policy.
It's not that simple for them. You just can't put the genie back in the bottle so easily. Just like with how they're dealing with identity politics being turned against themselves.

They've spent literally fifty years pushing this radical feminism and identity politics. Almost four whole generations of people have based their entire world views on this nonsense. It's all they know. They can't put it down; they know nothing else. Those people will always find their homes in the leftmost political party.

Unless someone creates a new party to the right of the GOP, those lunatics will remain the Dems' (or some other equivalent left wing party) burden to bare. They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

greengrilledcheese

Free, White, and 21
kiwifarms.net
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Yang is beta.

Pfft. Whatever. Would a beta take a page out of Biden's book and challenge DJT to a pushup contest?

'What does that guy weigh? 280 or something': Andrew Yang calls Donald Trump fat and a slob, challenges him to a push-up contest and says 'America would love to see you pass out'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7345213/amp/Andrew-Yang-calls-Donald-Trump-fat-slob-challenges-push-contest.html (http://archive.fo/lSCJg)
Andrew Yang on Saturday tore into Donald Trump, calling him fat and a slob who cheats at golf, challenged him to a push-up contest and said America would love to see the president pass out trying to run a mile.

The Democratic presidential contender started his presidential rift when chatting about all the fried food he was enjoying at the Iowa State Fair.

'I can't be eating crap on the trail too often because I need to stay in presidential form,' Yang told reporters after he spoke at a gun forum on Saturday.

'No one wants a president who doesn't seem he can run a mile. I think. I don't know,' he said.

He then turned to rip on the president.

'I don't think Donald Trump can run a mile. Would you guys enjoy watching Donald Trump run a mile? That would be hysterical. What does that guy weigh? 280 or something,' Yang said.

'I say he like passes out at the quarter mile mark,' he added.

Trump, at his last presidential physical in February 2019, tipped the scale at 243 pounds, according to his doctor.

At 6 feet 3 inches tall, Trump had the body mass of 30.4. Anything over 30 is considered obese.

Yang said he'd love to challenge Trump - who is known for his love of fast food and destain for exercise - on the track.

'Oh yeah. I'd challenge Donald Trump to any physical or mental feat under the sun. Oh god. What can that guy beat me at? Being a slob?,' he said.

His campaign staff tried to pull Yang from his question-and-answer session with reporters but Yang stayed before the microphones and kept on going.

'I can do approximately infinitely more push ups to Donald Trump,' he said.

When reporters asked him to demonstrate, the campaign staff stepped in and Yang declined to do so but said: 'I take pride in my ability to do push ups on a dime.'

But then Yang, a businessman whose signature line is 'the opposite of Donald Trump is an Asian who likes math,' went through a list of items he where he could beat the president.

'I want to go through this intellectually, like what could Donald Trump possibly be better than me at? An eating contest? Like something that involves, keeping something on the ground and having really large body mass, like if there was a hot air balloon that was rising, and you needed to try and keep it on the ground?,' he said.

'He would be better than me at that because he is so fat,' Yang added.

At that point a campaign staffer stepped in: 'Andrew.'

But Yang kept going.

He conceded, when asked by DailyMail.com, that the president may be able to beat him at golf but then said it would be hard to know because Trump cheats at the game.

'He might be able to beat me at golf although I'm told he cheats a lot so who knows what his true golf ability is,' he said.

Trump plays golf most weekends and is currently at his Trump golf club in Bedminister, N.J. for the next few weeks.

There have been allegations he cheats at the game.

An August 2017 Sports Illustrated piece noted: 'Trump will sometimes respond to a shot he duffed by simply playing a second ball and carrying on as if the first shot never happened. In the parlance of the game, Trump takes floating mulligans, usually more than one during a round. Because of them it is impossible to say what he has actually shot on any given day, according to 18 people who have teed it up with Trump over the last decade.'

Yang then faced the cameras to issue this challenge: 'Donald Trump - I challenge you to just about any physical or intellectual feat because you're a terrible president. And America would love to see you pass out trying to run a mile.'

After his 2018 physical, Trump's doctor recommended he improve his diet and noted the president said he'd like to lose 10 or 15 pounds.

The president takes a drug for his cholesterol but doesn't drink or use tobacco products.

Yang was coming off an emotional back-and-forth at he crowd of about 700 at the Everytown for Gun Safety Action forum in Des Moines on Saturday.

The father of two choked up when asked about protecting children from gun violence.

Stephanie, a gun violence survivor, talked about how her four-year-old daughter died from a stray bullet in March 2011 and asked Yang how he would address unintentional shootings by children.

After her story, Yang went down the audience to hug her and then choked up, wiping away tears on stage.

'I have a six and three year old boy,' Yang said, choking up, unable to speak and wiping back tears.

'I was imaging it was one fo them that got shot and the other saw it. I am so sorry,' he said as the audience applauded in encouragement.

'The biggest downside of running for president for me is I don't get to see my family very much,' he explained.

Reactions: millais

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net
Pfft. Whatever. Would a beta take a page out of Biden's book and challenge DJT to a pushup contest?

'What does that guy weigh? 280 or something': Andrew Yang calls Donald Trump fat and a slob, challenges him to a push-up contest and says 'America would love to see you pass out'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7345213/amp/Andrew-Yang-calls-Donald-Trump-fat-slob-challenges-push-contest.html (http://archive.fo/lSCJg)
Yang has fallen ill to the virus of TDS, Yang Gangers. Joe Biden must have grasped his shoulders, infecting him.

Reactions: XYZpdq

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
kiwifarms.net
Ayyy lmao!
Happy Ash Wednesday! Finally got my hamburger!
Happy Hanukkah! Finally got my lobster!
Hoo boy, this is not going to go over well with the Left, given their penchant for Islamophilia.

But then again, Kamala Harris is a "woman of color" so maybe the dangerhairs will give her a pass on that one.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
It's not that simple for them. You just can't put the genie back in the bottle so easily. Just like with how they're dealing with identity politics being turned against themselves.

They've spent literally fifty years pushing this radical feminism and identity politics. Almost four whole generations of people have based their entire world views on this nonsense. It's all they know. They can't put it down; they know nothing else. Those people will always find their homes in the leftmost political party.

Unless someone creates a new party to the right of the GOP, those lunatics will remain the Dems' (or some other equivalent left wing party) burden to bare. They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.
Why cant they? The Right dropped it's pro corporate Fundie shit with Trump without much fanfare and the Left itself is no stranger to moving back to the center when pandering to the far Left goes south. They did it with Bill in the early 90s.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
Why cant they? The Right dropped it's pro corporate Fundie shit with Trump without much fanfare and the Left itself is no stranger to moving back to the center when pandering to the far Left goes south. They did it with Bill in the early 90s.
With the right, the party changed to reflect the electorate. The Republican base was never really corporate like the RINO politicians. If a Ronald Reagan type conservative was offered in 2012, the base would have voted for them in a heartbeat. But all there was to choose from was the neocon Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan ticket. And by 2016, the base had also taken a more libertarian point of view in regards to fundamentalism. Almost no one on the right gave a shit about gay marriage anymore. If they did, they wouldn't have nominated Trump in the first place.

But with the left, their base is as big of a problem as the party itself. They're fucked.

Baby Jane Hudson

But ya are in that chair, Blanche, ya are.
kiwifarms.net

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they lose 2020, it will devastate the DNC and if they lose a lot of seats in the 2022 Midterms, it may force them to rethink their strategy and policy.

If Trump wins in 2020 and the Squad get voted out of office in 2022, then I think the Democratic Party will slowly drift back to some degree of normalcy.

Right now the Democrats are listening to a very loud vocal minority of coastal elites and whiny Millennial hipsters, and if they lose in 2020 and 2022, then expect a restructuring of the DNC and changes in their party platform.

If Trump gets reelected in 2020 and AOC gets booted in 2022, then the DNC should learn their lesson and try to move on.

It happened the last time the Democrats pushed leftist agendas.

Back in the 70's and early 80's, the Democrats were moving farther to the left than ever. Hell, there were even liberal moral guardians back then as well, namely Tipper Gore and Joe Lieberman.

After Carter lost in 1980 and Walter Mondale suffered the most humiliating defeat in American electoral history, the DNC reformulated their plan and they went with the moderate populist approach of Bill Clinton.

Hell, the Republican Party underwent a similar trajectory in the late 2000's and early 2010's. After the 2012 Election and the implosion of the Tea Party movement shortly after, the Republicans began to shift away from pandering to Neocons and the Religious Right.

They took a more populist approach with Donald Trump. The GOP were hoping to get Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz on the ticket but both of them floundered. Trump became the nominee because he was the only candidate with popular support, and the Republicans were in the election to win it.

Over time, the Republican Party has shifted away from being the stuffy Evangelical moral guardians they were in the 1990's and 2000's, at least on the national level. There's still state-level politicians in the Bible Belt who run on that type of platform and most of them are elderly incumbents.

Once John McCain died, a lot of the Neocon influence died with him. Meanwhile, the Democrats kept being overrun with leftist moral guardians and their neoliberal approach they took in the Obama Administration came back to bite them

Suddenly, you had Republican politicians who became badass populists overnight, namely Mitch McConnell, as well as Lindsey Graham and others.

Even Ted Cruz, who was seen as an Evangelical relic before the 2018 midterms, got with the program and is going hard after both Google and Antifa.

As the SJW's become the left-wing equivalent of the Religious Right moral authoritarians that they originally rebelled against, more moderates and normies are being turned off by the DNC and their antics, and people are feeling a very visibile fatigue from Trump Derangement Syndrome and leftist identity politics.

Even the ones who dislike Trump will probably not vote for the DNC candidate in 2020 and just stay home instead,

The Squad are pretty much the mascots for a new brand of moral authoritarianism, while the only true remnant of the old moral guardians that is on the federal level is Mike Pence, who is largely powerless.
I dunno, I feel like the internet will make it way harder for the DNC to "correct" like it did a few decades ago.

For one thing, it is way easier now to hold up past actions and promises then it would have been a decade ago; Just look at how many politicans get blown the fuck out on social media because of that.

The internet allows political fringes to keep in communication when only decades before they would have nowhere to go but get pushed out or into controlled groups.

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
kiwifarms.net
I dunno, I feel like the internet will make it way harder for the DNC to "correct" like it did a few decades ago.

For one thing, it is way easier now to hold up past actions and promises then it would have been a decade ago; Just look at how many politicans get blown the fuck out on social media because of that.

The internet allows political fringes to keep in communication when only decades before they would have nowhere to go but get pushed out or into controlled groups.
It will be a lot harder, but not impossible.

However, if the DNC does get their act together post-2020/2022, it will be a lot harder and take a lot more effort.

A lot of people would end up getting sidelined like Joe Lieberman or just plain booted out like Jimmy Carter.

I suspect that corporate neoliberals like Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren will stay in their offices, but would be sidelined and their influence would be heavily curtailed by the DNC. Bernie Sanders (assuming he's still alive by 2024) would end up getting ousted from any political sphere of influence, just like Jimmy Carter post-1980.

I suspect a similar fate will befall AOC and the rest of "The Squad", especially AOC since she's seen as the face of the Justice Democrats. AOC is like a left-wing Michelle Bachmann, and she's probably royally pissed a lot of voters in her constituency with the Amazon deal falling through.

Even if the New York liberals in the Bronx won't vote Republican, they probably won't vote for AOC in 2022 either. Most likely they will stay home or vote for a Democrat willing to primary against her.

I'd wager that the 2024 Election will play out a lot like the 1992 Election did.

In the 1992 election, Bill Clinton ran on a centrist and populist platform that was designed to appeal to both blue-collar working class types and the disillusioned youth of Generation X, most of whom were finally at voting age by then.

Bill Clinton may be a perverse scumbag, but he is charismatic and knows how the game is played.

He knew how to tap into the youth culture of the time with his guest spots on Arsenio Hall and MTV, but there was one little issue. The PMRC debacle of the 80's was still fresh in people's memories, to say nothing of the early video game controversies over Mortal Kombat 1 and Lethal Enforcers.

Gen X generally didn't want the soccer mom liberal types in office, nor did they think much of the Religious Right. Keep in mind that Bush Sr. was pretty much the third term of Ronald Reagan in terms of his policy and platform, while Bill Clinton was seen as a dark horse candidate that nobody took seriously, sort of like Donald Trump in 2016.

However, the rise of the Religious Right (and Pat Buchanan in particular) split the GOP and the corporate Neocon types started listening to the fundies and alienating voters outside of the Bible Belt. Meanwhile, Clinton was smart enough to memory hole the PMRC and keep Lieberman on a tight leash as well.

One of the reasons why Al Gore got picked as Bill's running mate was so the DNC could keep Tipper Gore from running her mouth and risk sinking the election for the Demcorats in doing so.

Basically, Al Gore was a consolation prize for the soccer mom liberals and proto-SJW's, just how Mike Pence was picked as a consolation prize to the Evangelical fundies so they would vote for Trump instead of staying home on Election Day.

If the DNC wants to successfully get their shit together for the 2022 Midterms or the 2024 Election, then they'll have to do some cleaning.

Hell, I'd expect your shifty corporate types like Kamala, DeBlasio, Booker, and maybe Warren to flip to the moderates and try memory hole their past leftist pandering as much as they can and go out of their way to denounce the hard left elements in the Democratic Party tight now.

As for Biden's blunders, they're just waiting for him to die of old age and they will probably take the same approach with Bernie Sanders, as both are close to the same age. They'll also try to do everything they can to sabotage The Squad if they want to do well in 2022 and 2024.

The Democrats have already shat the bed on the 2020 Election as it is, and the only way I can see Trump losing in 2020 is if prolonged TDS convinces more leftists to actually vote and the Dems try to win the moderates over by putting Joe Biden on the ticket, whether as the main candidate or as the running mate for someone like Kamala Harris. Even then, it's a risky bet.

But then again, a lot can change between now and November 2020, so who knows? The only thing I am really worried about Trump is his trade war with China.

If he pursues that one too far and too fast, it could trigger an economic downturn which could give the Democrats an edge against him. Right now, the economy is really strong and it's actually the strongest it has ever been since the Great Recession. That alone helps Trump's odds since he is the incumbent.

The only things that could truly sink Trump in 2020 would be either an economic recession or if we got into a war with Iran or North Korea and it's bad enough to put boots on the ground instead of just drone strikes.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino